Jose Mourinho
Ole Gunnar Solskjær
Ralf Rangnick
Troy Deeney
Frank Lampard
Stevie Me

Who would you choose?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hodgeson could be free soon

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Big Sam
Jose Mourinho
Ole Gunnar Solskjær
Ralf Rangnick
Troy Deeney
Frank Lampard
Stevie Me

Who would you choose?
Stevie Me would be the funniest, as the fan base would allow him to relegate them to the National League before turning on him.

This said, it will be Alonso.

ShoePolish

He ( or she!?) Better be the dogs bollocks, because like with Ferguson, its a tough gig to follow.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Not sure why so many consider it a foregone conclusion Alonso would want to go there next season. Or indeed that they would want to risk replacing such a successful manager with someone who has coached at the top level for less than 18 months.

It's a good match in theory, but I wonder if pragmatism will come into play and they will go for someone more experienced. It could be equally damaging for Alonso if it goes wrong, as his stock is (deservedly) high right now.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not sure why so many consider it a foregone conclusion Alonso would want to go there next season. Or indeed that they would want to risk replacing such a successful manager with someone who has coached at the top level for less than 18 months.

It's a good match in theory, but I wonder if pragmatism will come into play and they will go for someone more experienced. It could be equally damaging for Alonso if it goes wrong, as his stock is (deservedly) high right now.
Alonso could win a triple this season, would anybody care about this "only 18 months" in that case? Far from guaranteed to happen, but possible.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
As it stands the obvious candidate is Xabi Alonso.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Hansi Flick is free.. only half joking, his style of football is pretty compatible with Klopp's.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Steve G. Surely they deserve an ole type of manager at this point in their recent history

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Obvious is Xabi Alonso but he hasn't been a manager for that long and I think it makes sense for him to stay at Leverkusen for another year or two. He'll manage Liverpool eventually but he's only started out in management.

I honestly think someone like De Zerbi is worth the risk. Yes it could go badly wrong but given his level of experience and body of work he feels an intriguing fit for Liverpool and his style of play would work well.

Tuchel will also feature high up the list if he engineers Bayern Munich exit (or just gets sacked for not winning the Bundesliga).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's got to be Xabi. Got to be.

Castia

Will probably be Alonso. Former player with a lot of hype at present.

I want De Zerbi at United

Josh 76

Klopp is nowhere close to Ferguson in terms of impact, success and importance to the club - it'll be nothing like what we went through.
It won't be far off. They won't recover from this for years.

SuperiorXI

It won't be far off. They won't recover from this for years.
It is going to be difficult for them but it will pale in comparison to Fergie at United. The man combined with David Gill made our club tick and papered over not just cracks, but craters throughout the entire club.

quadrant

It is going to be difficult for them but it will pale in comparison to Fergie at United. The man combined with David Gill made our club tick and papered over not just cracks, but craters throughout the entire club.
Agreed. Their general organisation behind the scenes won't need to change, the way that ours did (or indeed, still does).

That said, I still think his tactical nous and ability to get his players pumped up week after week is worth 10 to 15 points a season, when compared to any other half-decent manager.

Skills

Snitch
Their CEO left last summer too

IRELANDUNITED

Wasn’t it all set up for Slippy G to simply step in when Klopp called it a day?

That’s still the plan, right?