The OFF TOPIC Berbatov thread (used to be 'Berbatov Wants Move')

DA2

There aint no smoke without fire.....

Interesting, very interesting.......

Drifter

American
Agent as confirmed to the BBC that he wants to move.Here we go.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
sign him...i havent been this excited about a potential signing since rooney.

Id say 75..nay 85% of utd fans are clueless as to how good this guy is. He'd be worshiped after a few games showcasing his ability.
More or less concur, he would be a sensational addition to our frontline. Will provide something we at the moment lack.

Drifter

American
To be fair the agent did say yesterday that he was happy at spurs.

Dreaded

Can someone please explain what formation we would be able to realistically play in order to accomodate Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Beratov in the same team. I think he is a great player but not what we need at the moment

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Tevez may have been ineffective on Saturday but those playing up front was Giggs and an off-form Saha.

DA2

IF and I mean IF we are interested then Spurs dodgy season certainly works in favour of the deal happening - if they were Top 6 at the mo, Ramos wouldnt be letting anyone leave.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Can someone please explain what formation we would be able to realistically play in order to accomodate Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Beratov in the same team. I think he is a great player but not what we need at the moment
Easy peasy:
4-2-3-1:

-------------------------Vds----------------------------------

------Neville/Brown----Rio---------Vida----------Evra---------

-------------Hargreaves/Carrick-----Schoels/Anderson---------

--------------Tevez-----------Rooney------------Ronaldo-----

--------------------------Berbatov---------------------------

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
4-2-4 old school!

Brown--Rio--Vidic--Evra
---OH/CM----PS/AO---
Ron--Berb--Tevz--Roon

Berbs staying up front while Ronaldo, Tevez, and Rooney interchange all over the pitch. Try it on FM or whatnot - bet it works a charm! ;)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If we got Berb someones likely to be sold. We'd have him plus Rooney, Tevez, Saha, That Angolan lad most likely next season...

I would say most people know his ability. It would be nice to see him sustain his form a whole season - which he's not done in his albiet short time in England

We'll have to wait an see won't we

People shouldn't forget Tevez had NO pre season. We've still to see the best of him..

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If we got Berb someones likely to be sold. We'd have him plus Rooney, Tevez, Saha, That Angolan lad most likely next season...
Saha no doubt as he's a liability injury wise. In fact, I'd be inclined to say Saha would be included in a move for Berbatov - assuming Spurs would want him. I can't imagine Saha would want to remain as 4th choice.

Woodzy

I'm warming up to the idea of him coming, but it would almost mean the end of Saha for us, whom i rate quite highly. If Saha were to go hopefully this Angolan lad would be good enough to play the role of 4th striker.

Drifter

American

DA2

DA2

The simple fact is that our most clinical player isnt even a striker (ie Ronaldo)...... a real striker is most definitely needed.

This Berbatov story has been going for so long now, there has to be something in it.....

Wes

Irrespective of whether we are interested , one thing you should never do is pay a blind bit of notice to any SAF remarks as regards transfers....

:lol:
haven't believed SAF on much for the best part of a decade. Its all changeable shite he comes out with. Theres gotta be something in this

Skholesy

having bought teveth / manucho, i doubt we're still in for him -- he's a downright moody fella and seems damn lazy/downhearted when things are not going his way, does fergie stand for that sort of behaviour?

VoetbalWizard

Lyon eventually let most of their big players go
we'd face more competition in getting benzema vs. market for berbatov.

benzema is THE hottest 19/20 year old striker in europe. every big club in all three major leagues wll be gunning for him.

i like berbatov, reminds me of sheringham (one of my fav playrs ever), but if we are going to spunk 20 million on berbatov, i'd rather we added 5 million or so and make a run for ibrahimovic, who is similar but better.

BlahRules

we'd face more competition in getting benzema vs. market for berbatov.

benzema is THE hottest 19/20 year old striker in europe. every big club in all three major leagues wll be gunning for him.

i like berbatov, reminds me of sheringham (one of my fav playrs ever), but if we are going to spunk 20 million on berbatov, i'd rather we added 5 million or so and make a run for ibrahimovic, who is similar but better.
ibrahimovic 25 mill?? are you sure?

BlahRules

having bought teveth / manucho, i doubt we're still in for him -- he's a downright moody fella and seems damn lazy/downhearted when things are not going his way, does fergie stand for that sort of behaviour?
Manucho might be another Dong...