Television The Office, US Version

lsd

The Oracle
Rewatching this after first watching it about 5 years ago. I don't remember Jim being this insufferable, especially as the seasons go on.

Exactly, it only really becomes noticeable on rewatch

Agent Red

I never really understood why so many people were rooting for Jim either, or Tim in the UK version. I know they’re meant to be the normal guys in amongst all these awful others, but they’re both pretty self satisfied as well.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Rewatching this after first watching it about 5 years ago. I don't remember Jim being this insufferable, especially as the seasons go on.
Yeah I'm rewatching too and he's getting on my nerves a lot more than on my original run

Traub

Busy re-watching this for about the 10th time.

A question for some: at the end of Season 6, a big thing was made of the printers and Andy. But at the start of season 7, they didn't even mention it. Anyone know why?

Sylar

Busy re-watching this for about the 10th time.

A question for some: at the end of Season 6, a big thing was made of the printers and Andy. But at the start of season 7, they didn't even mention it. Anyone know why?
Probably just transitioned away from that storyline or bit of detail. Seemed like they wanted to move away from the sabre aspect.

BTW, on s9. Enjoyed s8 for the most part and it still had some good moments but it did feel like they were giving Michael Scott lines to Andy.
Speaking of Andy, wtf have they done to him. Dude goes on a boat trip, comes back and is a total douche and annoying to watch.

I like Erin. Shes a fun character.

Interesting move with Brian the mic guy becoming a small part of the show.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Jim was kind of supposed to be the most normal of the main characters. But if you behaved like jim in the real world you would be having a meeting with HR fairly soon.

lsd

The Oracle
Probably just transitioned away from that storyline or bit of detail. Seemed like they wanted to move away from the sabre aspect.

BTW, on s9. Enjoyed s8 for the most part and it still had some good moments but it did feel like they were giving Michael Scott lines to Andy.
Speaking of Andy, wtf have they done to him. Dude goes on a boat trip, comes back and is a total douche and annoying to watch.

I like Erin. Shes a fun character.

Interesting move with Brian the mic guy becoming a small part of the show.

Think there were problems on the set a few cast members were jealous Ed was away doing a film and the writers at that time were annoyed and basically butchered his character All very petty and annoying for the viewer.

Most of the main artists had left and the new writers that replaced them were a bit clueless in my opinion

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Jim was kind of supposed to be the most normal of the main characters. But if you behaved like jim in the real world you would be having a meeting with HR fairly soon.
Every office has a Jim, the bigger ones have loads of Jims

Traub

Mad that’s what he was doing before he put radio on the internet and entered the three comma club.
:lol: I thought he looked familiar. Must've realised Gabe fecks from all his trips to Amsterdam.

Sylar

Think there were problems on the set a few cast members were jealous Ed was away doing a film and the writers at that time were annoyed and basically butchered his character All very petty and annoying for the viewer.

Most of the main artists had left and the new writers that replaced them were a bit clueless in my opinion
Ahhh, so thats why they made him 'go away' on a boat. Im guessing this was Hangover time? Still, its weird cos its sabotaging your own show, not just one character

Thought this bit was awful. Season 9 as a whole was pretty shite tbh.
Hving seen some more episodes, it feels like a waste of doing it. Unless in the last three-four episodes something happens. But it felt like an added thing to show issues between Jim/Pam but that was already there with the two being in different cities.

S9 has been strange. Its also had some good episodes. The one where they see the office promo was really enjoyable, as was the paper airplane one.
The one where Andy comes back (and i think the next one) is just a different show altogether.

Also Raymond Reddington felt out of place for the show. I dont know if i feel like this due to knowing him as raymond rather than robert california.
Catherine Tates character has been hit and miss too. Maybe its the story they surrounded her with, by just going and 'claiming' boss. When she moved into whatever shes doing (sitting in Andys old place) then she became more tolerable.

decorativeed

I don't see it as them deliberately butchering his character at all. He came into it as an arsehole, privileged, oblivious, bad at his job, no social skills and with a reactionary temper. He finished the series similarly.

In fact, in almost everything I've seen him in he plays someone fairly similar.

Sylar

I don't see it as them deliberately butchering his character at all. He came into it as an arsehole, privileged, oblivious, bad at his job, no social skills and with a reactionary temper. He finished the series similarly.

In fact, in almost everything I've seen him in he plays someone fairly similar.
He seemed to be getting better and growing before his boat trip though
Thats how I saw it

He then seemed to come back as a total over the top douche rather than a zany character

Sylar

Finished this
Season 9 was mixed but had some good episodes
But the finale was great and really well done