Music The official Grime/UK Rap thread!

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Someone tell Yungen that Wretch, Skepta and Chip were never in any crew pls.

ArmchairCritic

Aimed at this.

Ok but Chip is top 2 in his ends and he was on Skepta's and Wretch's last two albums so IDK what Yungen is on about. It's a decent beef though, never thought Chipmunk would become this generation's warlord but here we are.

Remix

LordoftheStreams
Ok but Chip is top 2 in his ends and he was on Skepta's and Wretch's last two albums so IDK what Yungen is on about. It's a decent beef though, never thought Chipmunk would become this generation's warlord but here we are.
I'm assuming he means the album with Avelino which he wasn't on. Best way to regain his credibility is to show how much more talented he is compared with others. Surprised at his diss track work rate though.

MoneyMay

Another dead track in this underwhelming beef. Chip threatening to take down the Oopsy Daisy Riddim is the best part.

Phil

Kano's album underwhelming for me.

I'll probably get killed for this but I just can't don't rate UK beats. UK rappers on US beats would work for me..

Panther

Amazing grime beef between two 7 year old MC's from Blackpool. Diss tracks on the level of Ice Cube and Tupac.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I remember him with Chipmunk, must've been 10 years ago now. Wiley introducing two up and comers.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Sorry if this has been posted in the past, I haven't been into Grime in yearrssss and recently starting to get back in

I cant get over this video, it's got to be one of the best freestyles i've ever seen

Panther

Giggs's new album is on Spotify. It's pretty good, he's doing well after being sacked by Mourinho.

Panther

Listened to Chip's new album and don't think it's great, also there's only two new songs on there which is a bit annoying.

Bugzy had a new track released last night which I think is great and was one of my favourite's on the album when it came out.

Dante

Average bang
Everything I know about grime I learned from this thread.

So, I thought I'd ask you guys whether Skepta's album is any good or is it a watered down, sell out?

ArmchairCritic

Everything I know about grime I learned from this thread.

So, I thought I'd ask you guys whether Skepta's album is any good or is it a watered down, sell out?
I think it's as good as you're gonna get in 2016 but I don't care much for it personally. Copying Project Pat's flows and old grime references is not particularly interesting to me but there are a few interesting moments and Skepta deserves the attention for all the work he's put in over the years. He's made far worse sell-out stuff before.