Music The official Grime/UK Rap thread!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I actually quite like Chip, he is one of the first uk rappers I knew about and he has some pretty good bars. I didn't like the shit he was putting out there for a couple years but he seems to be back on it.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Not even desperate just reaffirming what everyone knew he's one of the best. I think a lot of people forgot that cos of the Bugzy thing but he's buried that, gone at Charlie Sloth and Tinie too

MoneyMay

Not even desperate just reaffirming what everyone knew he's one of the best. I think a lot of people forgot that cos of the Bugzy thing but he's buried that, gone at Charlie Sloth and Tinie too
I think the only people who forgot that are Bugzy Malone fans... people who don't really know much about Chip/grime, with all due respect to them. However, Chip's doing everything Bugzy did and we all know how boring that is. Of course Chip is on a different level lyrically and I enjoyed his three releases before this, but I'm finding it all a bit meh at the moment. I suppose I'm just waiting on Bugzy to reply. Which I suspect will happen after the MOBOs.

Btw, why's Chip going at Charlie Sloth?

Last edited by a moderator:

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
I think the only people who forgot that are Bugzy Malone fans... people who don't really know much about Chip/grime, with all due respect to them. However, Chip's doing everything Bugzy did and we all know how boring that is. Of course Chip is on a different level lyrically and I enjoyed his three releases before this, but I'm finding it all a bit meh at the moment. I suppose I'm just waiting on Bugzy to reply. Which I suspect will happen after the MOBOs.

Btw, why's Chip going at Charlie Sloth?
I think Chip is trying to switch his attention back to Tinie. It's not his fault Bugzy and a few others got involved.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Tinie Tempah? I haven't heard about him in a long time. Never really rated him that much but his tracks always had good beats and flow. I remember some of his first album breaking the market here in Canada but that didn't seem to last. He is a good fit for it though, he is the perfect kind of rapper for radio. Good beats, flow, and some catchy lyrics without much depth.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I think Chip is just driving the nails into the coffin, I think he also going at everyone that supported Bugzy. Didn't Tinie an Stormzy get on that track with Bugzy at the height of it.

Charlie Sloth I presume falls into that category.

That 96 Bars was dope btw in terms of the 4 things he's released it's amongst the best of it

MoneyMay

Anybody else think Avelino is the next Wretch 32? Really hope he blows next year.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Chip got back at Tinie Tempah and Bugzy at GrimeAid last night, closed off a busy road filming a new diss as well.

Think he is taking the Drake overkill appraoch

HabeasC

This is such stupid beef, though I guess it is good for grime. It is bigger and better than it has been in ages.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Got introduced to grime just round 3 weeks ago, and heve been looking for the best rappers. People seem to rate JME, Giggs, Skepta, Kano etc a lot, but for me its Bugzy/Chip/Stormzy. I love the beef, not because of the beef but because it has made them so active and because of the tension in the lyrics, and Stormzy is just another level. May it continue. Chip is on another level to Bugzy tho lyrically.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
:lol:

He's class, bit suspect how he's gone from YouTube to BBC Fire In The Booth in a month or so though:

MoneyMay

:lol:

He's class, bit suspect how he's gone from YouTube to BBC Fire In The Booth in a month or so though:

He was primarily a Vine "star" before he released his Hood Documentary. He's been prominent for the last few months tbf.