Music The official Grime/UK Rap thread!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Stormzy walking out with Joshua tonight.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead

PK has the best flow out of the whole emerging wave of Grime scene MC's.

ArmchairCritic

AJ Tracey is the hardest out of all the new wave Grime MC's IMO, he's gonna be on Stormzy's Standard remix, I think he'll have a big 2016.

ArmchairCritic

Elf Kid's going places
Look up 3 posts ;).

Shame this came out in the early part of December and not in June. But yes Elf Kid is one of numerous 'youngers' who could have a big 2016.

AJ Tracey, PK, Saint P, Lyrical Strally, Big Zuu, Mic Ty, Jammz, Mez, Novelist, Faultsz, Elf Kid, Cadell etc, 2015 has been really good on the radio/underground tip. Expecting more next year.

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
Oops, would have noticed if I was on my laptop. What I like about Elf Kid is that he brings a bit more energy than most grime MC's, similar to when Dizzee broke through. 2016 will be a good year for sure

Last edited:

Joemo

whistling in the wind
This is just mad, Wretch's wordplay is by far the best in the scene.

Bubz27

I know hes not 'grime' but Tinie Tempah's new EP, Junk, is decent. Very good. Gone away from his pop style, back to old Tinie.

Bubz27

P.s that FITB might be the best ever. It's unreal.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Best fire in the booth you said? I can't believe I only found out about this guy a few weeks ago.

Wretch 32 is sick though, one of my favourites. I feel like his lyrics are a bit lazy sometimes but I guess that's just a part of going mainstream, when he actually goes in he pulls out some great shit.

HabeasC

Best fire in the booth you said? I can't believe I only found out about this guy a few weeks ago.

Wretch 32 is sick though, one of my favourites. I feel like his lyrics are a bit lazy sometimes but I guess that's just a part of going mainstream, when he actually goes in he pulls out some great shit.
C'moooon mate...

MoneyMay

Needs to work on his flow, but Cadet is gaining popularity. Deserves it.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
:lol: Thats jokes. Castella and Corned Beef City are a bit more like his old style. Even on his more mainstream songs I still think he goes in hard with the lyrics.

New Kano album is going to be a banger too.

MoneyMay

Was about to post it, Yungen isnt bad but not near Chip's level imo. Chip wont make the same mistake as he did with Bugzy, expect straight sends in no time.
Some good bars in there, but let down by the fact that it was pre-recorded. I don't rate Yungen. He's far too basic and is a cheap version of Krept and Konan, but can't deny that he has some clever punchlines.

This beef is literally over nothing... Will end with Yungen gaining more popularity, but Chip destroying him bar for bar.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Some good bars in there, but let down by the fact that it was pre-recorded. I don't rate Yungen. He's far too basic and is a cheap version of Krept and Konan, but can't deny that he has some clever punchlines.

This beef is literally over nothing... Will end with Yungen gaining more popularity, but Chip destroying him bar for bar.
Nothing more to add.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Chip with a new diss within 24 hours, this can go on for weeks. Yungen tweeted BRB, so he probably has some pre recorded diss for Chip, he can only keep this up for so long, no way that he can make a proper diss in 24 hours. Awkward as well that if Chip didnt send for him, he'd have this clips/tunes made for nothing.

MoneyMay

Crazy work rate from both, but a really underwhelming beef thus far.