The Old Firm Derby

Plan M

There are footballers playing in the Premier League at the present time that are every bit as shit as Rangers/Celtic players. Emile Heskeys played over 500 games FFS!

McGregor is easily good enough, as is Jelavic, Davis and Papac. For Celtic Forrest and Izaguirre are certainly good enough and maybe a couple of others.
Yeah but Emile Heskey doesn't play for England's TOP TWO sides, does he? Everyone knows Scottish football is awful, it has been for fecking ages. A match between two shite sides with one or two half decent players that play each other 18 times a season doesn't hide that fact.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Rangers have been utter shocking lately. Blew a 15 point lead and could slip to 2nd if they lose tonight. We all know the form book goes out the window though when it comes to derby games but i still expect a Celtic win here. Rangers are the poorest they have been in years. I mean when a team has to appeal a bloody obvious red card for Lee McCulloch you know it's tough times.
Yeah at the moment we're playing like a midtable SPL side and look a million miles away from the team which pumped Celtic earlier in the season.

Every team has an up-and-coming youngster who looks "a fantastic prospect" but generally speaking, Scottish football is absolute garbage. We're talking about Scotland's TOP TWO playing each other tonight but neither side would do very well in our Premier League - FACHT.
What's with the need to constantly remind us that our fitba ain't the best? It's not as if anyone up here's claiming anything else.

Plan M

Sorry Gio but this is a Manchester United supporters forum - I didn't know I had to watch what I say in case I offended followers of Scottish football.

I'd understand if this was a Rangers or Celtic forum but it's not.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I don't see why you can't enjoy it for what it is without moaning that SPL isn't as good as the EPL. Saying than no Celtic and Rangers players are good enough to play in the Premier League is a bit silly. Besides have you never watched and enjoyed a Championship/League One/League Two game? I think it'll be an entertaining game.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yeah but Emile Heskey doesn't play for England's TOP TWO sides, does he? Everyone knows Scottish football is awful, it has been for fecking ages. A match between two shite sides with one or two half decent players that play each other 18 times a season doesn't hide that fact.
I'm not saying the league isnt awful, just that there are a few players good enough to play in England. McGregor, Papac, Izaguirre, Davis, Forrest and Jelavic would all start for a team like Norwich.

NewDawnFades

As a Glaswegian I have to care. Hope Celtic rip Rangers apart, like pretty much all non-Rangers supporters I hate them with a passion at the best of times - but they have been particularly smug bastards since they thought they'd already wrapped up the title.

And Ally McCoist has no right to be managing at this high a level, its hilarious seeing him being taken seriously by a joke of a club. For that reason it'll be a while before they are frustrating us in the Champions League Group stages again.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I'm not saying the league isnt awful, just that there are a few players good enough to play in England. McGregor, Papac, Izaguirre, Davis, Forrest and Jelavic would all start for a team like Norwich.
They would all start for about half of the teams in the Prem.

Plan M

And Ally McCoist has no right to be managing at this high a level, its hilarious seeing him being taken seriously by a joke of a club. For that reason it'll be a while before they are frustrating us in the Champions League Group stages again.
But you could say the same about that annoying piece of ginge who's in charge of Celtic - he doesn't strike me as a man who is a tactical genius, put it that way. He's just an ex-hoop who the fans love because he played for them. And he's dour as sin to boot - I can't stand him.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Sorry Gio but this is a Manchester United supporters forum - I didn't know I had to watch what I say in case I offended followers of Scottish football.

What are you on about?

He's clearly not taking offence. Just pointing out how childish it is to wade into a thread telling everyone how shit the football they watch is. If you've no interest in Scottish football how difficult is it for you to ignore the thread?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Sorry but this is the FOOTBALL FORUM and you're in the OLD FIRM DERBY thread, if you don't like Old Firm derby than what's the need of coming here and posting things like "SPL is shit, LOL".

NewDawnFades

But you could say the same about that annoying piece of ginge who's in charge of Celtic - he doesn't strike me as a man who is a tactical genius, put it that way. He's just an ex-hoop who the fans love because he played for them. And he's dour as sin to boot - I can't stand him.
At least Lennon has some dignity about him. He's inexperienced for sure but shows a lot more promise than McCoist - both are cash strapped but even when Rangers had Walter Smith at the helm Neil Lennon was able to push him all the way with a weaker Celtic team than the one they have today.

Also don't see why so many people feel the need to mention the standard of Scottish football being comparatively poor every time there is a thread on the subject. So are the Irish and Welsh leagues but most don't bother pointing it out every time a game is televised.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Regardless of what people have said, this one will definitely be entertaining, and a lot more entertaining than a few of the premier league games that have been shown on sky recently.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Forster, Matthews, Rogne, Mulgrew, Ledley, Brown, Kayal, Wanyama, Forrest, Samaras, Hooper.

McGregor; Broadfoot, Bocanegra, Bartley, Papac; Aluko, Davis, McCulloch, Wallace; Lafferty, Jelavic.

Ludens the Red

Forster, Matthews, Rogne, Mulgrew, Ledley, Brown, Kayal, Wanyama, Forrest, Samaras, Hooper.

McGregor; Broadfoot, Bocanegra, Bartley, Papac; Aluko, Davis, McCulloch, Wallace; Lafferty, Jelavic.
It's weird with him, he always seems to be first choice even though his goal scoring record is abysmal.

Gazza

As shit as the SPL is, it merely reflects the way finance has almost entirely moulded the modern game. They're crap largely because the money is crap.
Absolutely, but doesn't it also say a little about the decline in Scottish football in terms of talent; maybe all the best Scottish players always ended up playing in England anyway, but I refuse to believe Scotland isn't capable of producing better young players than they have in the last 15-20 years.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Lots of hype about this James Forrest guy, is he any good?

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Everyone knows that Scotland doesn't have the highest standard, but you don't need a team of superstars to put on an entertaining/interesting game of football.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Was out of contract with Aberdeen when Rangers tried to sign him, Aberdeen asked for compensation and Rangers weren't willing to pay it so him and his family put the money together themselves to force the move through.
why did they have to force a move if the chap was out of contract? Strange one that.

Plan M

Sorry but this is the FOOTBALL FORUM and you're in the OLD FIRM DERBY thread, if you don't like Old Firm derby than what's the need of coming here and posting things like "SPL is shit, LOL".
Who posted "The SPL is shit, LOL". I certainly didn't. And I'll post what I want, where I want. You've got a hard on for me for some reason, always quoting my posts around here at every opportunity and having a pop. This thread is about Old Firm debate and that's what we've all been doing - debating.

McGrathsipan

is there anyone actually watching this other than me?

I think rangers should be ahead by now, they are playing better and have had a couple of near misses. Celtic havent done much yet

MUFCgal

Watching it, only taking a quarter interest in it. Watching it cause there's no other football on.

Think Rangers chance crossed the line by the looks of the replay.

McGrathsipan

Watching it, only taking a quarter interest in it. Watching it cause there's no other football on.

Think Rangers chance crossed the line by the looks of the replay.
my stream isnt the greatest quality.

Decotron

Who posted "The SPL is shit, LOL". I certainly didn't. And I'll post what I want, where I want. You've got a hard on for me for some reason, always quoting my posts around here at every opportunity and having a pop. This thread is about Old Firm debate and that's what we've all been doing - debating.
:lol: not with an attitude like that you wont!

Decotron

There seems to be an unwritten rule in the last few Old Firms, the Ref ignores blatant yellow card offences for at least the first half. Last 2 or 3 have been like this. Suppose If he starts dishing them out early there'll be 10+ yellows in no time.