Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

RedDevilQuebecois

If we could only convince them that Trump is an Al Jazeera journalist.
The Mossad is rumored to have killed a Russian general, who was involved both in developping Novichok and in attempting to sell his knowledge to enhance the Syrian chemical weapons program; that was all the way back to 2002. They won't have qualms in getting rid of Trump and any of his friends should they be involved in selling documents on Israeli nuclear capabilities.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
So...can he get convicted and sent to jail?
No point thinking about it as it will never happen. The rich and powerful of this world do not answer towards the same laws as the rest of us.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The possibilities to obstruct justice for the rich and powerful in the US justice system both astound and confuse me.

So to be sort of clear.

Trump: Hey fascist lady, if you do nice stuff for me I will make you a judge.
Fascist judge: Yea ok.
Trump: Commits treason.
Fascist Judge: nah, it's cool.
Profit
?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
How much support does Trump still enjoy in the general Israeli population?
A huge amount I would think. He set Jerusalem up for them. I'm sure the Israeli 'secrets' are Mossad approved. They're not mugs who got played, they set the play.

Eurotrash

The possibilities to obstruct justice for the rich and powerful in the US justice system both astound and confuse me.

So to be sort of clear.

Trump: Hey fascist lady, if you do nice stuff for me I will make you a judge.
Fascist judge: Yea ok.
Trump: Commits treason.
Fascist Judge: nah, it's cool.
Profit
?
This ruling by Judge Cannon is deeply disturbing. It is so blatantly corrupt and does not even try to hide it.

The ruling seems to be deliberately bad, so that the DOJ will have no choice but to appeal it. Which could delay the investigation by months.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This ruling by Judge Cannon is deeply disturbing. It is so blatantly corrupt and does not even try to hide it.

The ruling seems to be deliberately bad, so that the DOJ will have no choice but to appeal it. Which could delay the investigation by months.
Oh, it gets better. The SCOTUS justice with jurisdiction over the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals is Clarence fecking Thomas, so the likelihood of an emergency ruling is slim. DOJ has to appeal this as the knock on effect of this ruling could be catastrophic.

Drifter

American
Bannon and ‘We Build the Wall’ Charged with Six Felonies, Including Money Laundering, Conspiracy, and Scheme to Defraud

Fully Fledged

Not only that. The DOJ needs to get an arrest warrant with an immediate effect from a federal judge ASAP because of the nature and gravity of the crimes. Cutting the grass underneath Trump's feet is a must now.
I totally agree. The fact that nuclear codes for an ally have gone missing should be enough on it's own to see him face a life time in jail.

frostbite

The problem is that the court of appeals also has a lot of Trump appointees. What if they again vote for Trump? It will be a disaster.

I still remember that some people were telling us that Trump or Hillary makes no difference. It should be Bernie, or else it does not matter.

Well, actually I still remember Gore vs Bush in 2000. Some people voted for Ralph Nader instead. In the late 1990s, Gore strongly pushed for the passage of the Kyoto Protocol... but thanks to Nader (the Green candidate!) we got Bush, and Bush brought us the Iraq invasion and discarded the Kyoto Protocol. I was reminded of that because it was very hot in California today...

What we learn from the past is that people do not learn from the past...

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Oh, it gets better. The SCOTUS justice with jurisdiction over the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals is Clarence fecking Thomas, so the likelihood of an emergency ruling is slim. DOJ has to appeal this as the knock on effect of this ruling could be catastrophic.
So, how does this play out then?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
At least we have this drama to watch over the next few days with no football being played.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So, how does this play out then?

No personal idea as I am not a lawyer and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. All I know is what I have read and that is that the 11th Circuit is 6-5 Republican with multiple Trump appointees. However, the likelihood of the Court backing up Cannon is almost nil, her opinion was that batshit. That being said, what they can do is continue to slow walk a decision to delay, delay, delay. The normal remedy to this would be to file an emergency expedition motion (whatever it is called) that would be reviewed by the overseeing member from SCOTUS to issue an opinion (this is apparently what the "Shadow Docket" is). Unfortunately it is Thomas who would be the one doing this.