Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Try to imagine any big wrestlemania moment but with no crowd. Honestly, it's nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if they added in the crowd noise.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Oh god. It's going to be dreadful.

I think they might still postpone in. They should just put a stop to it all. Smackdown was fun, because it was different. When that becomes the norm.... Jeez.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Why not just wait this one out? Unlike real sports wrestling can change their scripts and storylines and Vince can do whatever the feck he wants, just push the date forward. Mania without the crowd and grandeur is just another show.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Anyone watch the free Wrestletalk show last night on YouTube? Main event was a bf v gf match between Will Ospreay and Bea Priestley. She took a pretty bad bump on her back to the outside.

Was a fun show and great idea to raise some cash for the Indies

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Empty arena wrestling is just so... awkward.

It's weird to say about something that is literally grown adults pretend fighting with each other... but it makes it all seem really... well, silly.

Sylar

Why not just wait this one out? Unlike real sports wrestling can change their scripts and storylines and Vince can do whatever the feck he wants, just push the date forward. Mania without the crowd and grandeur is just another show.
Push it to when?

Part of me thinks WWE wants to keep going so they can keep spouting about the longest running episodic weekly blah blah blah.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Empty arena wrestling is just so... awkward.

It's weird to say about something that is literally grown adults pretend fighting with each other... but it makes it all seem really... well, silly.
I agree. I love Mania and always take the Monday off to stay up and watch it. This just seems weird now and not sure I want to bother.

Castia

Wrestlemania at the performance centre....man that's gonna be strange.

I was really looking forward to the pirate themed set at this years Mania!

Ekeke

Wrestlemania at the performance centre....man that's gonna be strange.

I was really looking forward to the pirate themed set at this years Mania!
Would have been dissappointing ayway if it didnt feature Kairi Sane and Paul Burchill with their pirate gimmicks in the main event

Sylar

Whenever they want, WWE aren’t governed by anybody. They literally write their own scripts, they can work around it if they wanted to.
So 2021? And then what? Scrap current storylines? Or start new ones then resume those?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Watching Dynamite from 7 days ago is to watch something so disconnected from today’s world. Be interesting to see what they do tonight, because I don’t think anyone wants to see people grappling each other right now. Gonna be a heavy promo and video package show I guess.

Bojan11

Two-night Wrestlemania....

feck sakes on the Sunday they just gonna show the highlights of the Saturday and on Monday highlights of both.

If WWE want to show highlights then like someone said show old matches. I was watching Austin and Bret podcast, why they did not show that match on Monday was crazy. I rather watch that again than the royal rumble.

Bojan11

I guess the two night thing is so they have less people in the building on both nights.

They should have performers spread out in the seats. Some kind of audience.

Ekeke

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom was 2 nights, no surprise for WWE to piggyback

AEW was a good show considering the situation. Made the best of having no paid crowd also

Bwuk

I'm not a fan of AEW but it handled the no crowd situation a lot better than WWE imo.

It's a good thing WrestleMania is a few weeks away and they've got time to plan and fix this, as the SmackDown and RAW's have been awkward without a crowd.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Mania over 2 nights is going to go down as well as mania 2 which was in 3 areanas at the same time is my tentative prediction.

Bwuk

Mania over 2 nights is going to go down as well as mania 2 which was in 3 areanas at the same time is my tentative prediction.
In normal circumstances I'd totally disagree. Mania at the moment can be a slog to watch all 6/7 hours.

With the lack of a crowd and atmosphere though I can see the second night having poor viewership if the first isn't great.

Ekeke

Havent seen the show yet but people saying it’s a brilliant episode as well.
I thought it was good, especially under the circumstances. They did about as well as you can with the atmosphere while they had no fans.

They've had better weeks for matches and story though imo. Just good for me

I should have said before but 932k makes that episode the 2nd highest rating behind the opening week where they had 940k

Bwuk

932k people watched AEW with no fans :eek:
Was always going to happen, they were up against a clip show, and this has been hyped up as the debut of the Exhalted One and teased that Matt Hardy would debut.

I’d imagine they are probably a tad disappointed internally they didn’t crack 1m.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
AEW Dynamite was a fascinating watch from a COVID-19 perspective. Could not imagine watching a UK promotion with that little consistent social distancing and physical contact right now... but about 7-10 days ago that’s where we were in the UK with some of our sports still going and TV shows still filming.

If AEW keep filming, this is going to look very different very quickly. People were still sharing microphones, interviewing each other with no distance between, and sitting right next to each other at the commentary booth. I don’t know what isolation protocols are in the US, but surely this is one or two symptomatic people or positive tests from all falling down and looking quite distasteful.

Ekeke

Was always going to happen, they were up against a clip show, and this has been hyped up as the debut of the Exhalted One and teased that Matt Hardy would debut.

I’d imagine they are probably a tad disappointed internally they didn’t crack 1m.
No chance. WWE had convinced everyone you cant have a decent show without fans. They had less than 800k viewers last week. 800k would have been a result this week