The RedCafe Boxing Thread

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great stuff from the Jackal. Saying he's better than Rigo is a hyperbole though. Once Frampton beats up Quigg I hope we see that fight made. I'd fancy Rigondeaux to win though, that man is lightning quick.

starman

The super bantemweight landscape looks great, all the champions are undefeated, could be on course to getting a undisputed champion

Quigg vs Frampton
Cruz vs Rigondeaux

Rigondeaux should come out as the eventual winner, the only thing stopping him will be his chin, which Frampton has the tools to crack.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
The super bantemweight landscape looks great, all the champions are undefeated, could be on course to getting a undisputed champion

Quigg vs Frampton
Cruz vs Rigondeaux

Rigondeaux should come out as the eventual winner, the only thing stopping him will be his chin, which Frampton has the tools to crack.
So you are saying Frampton then?

Classical Mechanic

So you are saying Frampton then?
Rigondueaux is probably the most skilled boxer out there. Freddie Roach said that he is the greatest talent that he has ever seen! He is a defensive wizard and was one of the greatest amateur fighters of all time. He would be the betting favourite in any fight in the division. Unlike Mayweather, boxings other defensive master, he is quite cocky in the ring, carries his hands low and sometimes taunts his opponents. Because of this he has been dropped a few times, including in his last fight against a little regarded opponent. He is also into his thirties now so his reactions might be slowing a bit. A year ago I wouldn't have thought it possible that Frampton would have any chance against him but now I do. If he did beat him it would be one of the greatest achievements in British/Irish boxing history.

Rigondueaux also has Irish links, he defected from Cuba to Ireland to be managed by Gary Hyde, he boxed out of Ireland for a while but is now based in Miami I believe.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Rigondueaux is probably the most skilled boxer out there. Freddie Roach said that he is the greatest talent that he has ever seen! He is a defensive wizard and was one of the greatest amateur fighters of all time. He would be the betting favourite in any fight in the division. Unlike Mayweather, boxings other defensive master, he is quite cocky in the ring, carries his hands low and sometimes taunts his opponents. Because of this he has been dropped a few times, including in his last fight against a little regarded opponent. He is also into his thirties now so his reactions might be slowing a bit. A year ago I wouldn't have thought it possible that Frampton would have any chance against him but now I do. If he did beat him it would be one of the greatest achievements in British/Irish boxing history.

Rigondueaux also has Irish links, he defected from Cuba to Ireland to be managed by Gary Hyde, he boxed out of Ireland for a while but is now based in Miami I believe.
Would be a good fight then?

Kazi

I have Rigo winning every round against all three of those boxers. As long as he sticks to his natural style.

Classical Mechanic

Would be a good fight then?
Rigo is well known for putting on boring fights. He is really hard to hit and even made a top five pound for pound fighter in Nonito Donaire look foolish. He actually punches quite hard but doesn't seem interested in engaging too much.

The fight would probably be 12 rounds of Frampton losing every one with little action, sorry to disappoint. I think Frampton has a decent punchers chance in the later rounds as Rigo tires and gets a little more careless.

The Quigg fight is the one that we should see next. That will be an event and a good fight. I think Frampton will win too.

I think it will be a few fights before anything happens with Rigo, he is by far the biggest risk.

Last edited:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
For those interested, a decent weekend particularly stateside. The first network card for NBC under the new deal with Al Haymon takes place Saturday night.

Tonight

Liverpool - Paul Butler aims to become a 2 weight world champion by fighting for the IBF World super flyweight title. Liam Smith and Derry Matthews also appearing in keep-busy fights. Matthews has a world title challenge himself next month.

Zolani Tete (19W, 16KO, 3L, 0D) - Paul Butler (17W, 8KO, 0L, 0D)

Tomorrow

Macau - Freddie Roach trained and Chinese boxing poster boy Zou Shiming in a World Flyweight title fight against an undefeated champion from Thailand.

Amnat Ruenroeng (14W, 5KO, 0L, 0D) - Zou Shiming (6W, 1KO, 0L, 0D)

Hull - Tommy Coyle, Shayne Singleton, Luke Campbell, Rocky Fielding and Bradley Saunders all competing in fights they should look good in.

Tommy Coyle (20W, 9KO, 2L, 0D) - Martin Gethin (25W, 11KO, 6L, 0D)
Luke Campbell (9W, 7KO, 0L, 0D - Levi Morales (11W, 4KO, 1L, 1D)
Shayne Singleton (20W, 6KO, 0L, 0D) - Sam Eggington (13W, 7KO, 2L, 0D)
Rocky Fielding (19W, 11KO, 0L, 0D) - Olegs Fedotovs (19W, 13KO, 18L, 0D)
Bradley Saunders (11W, 8KO, 0L, 0D) - Stephane Benito (22W, 8KO, 18L, 3D)

Vegas - NBC network card filled with very good talent across the board in competitive fights though Thurman, Broner and Mares should all win in reality.

Keith Thurman (24W, 21KO, 0L, 0D) - Robert Guerrero (32W, 18KO, 2L, 1D)
Adrien Broner (29W, 22KO, 1L, 0D) - John Molina Jr (27W, 22KO, 5L, 0D)
Abner Mares (28W, 15KO, 1L, 0D) - Arturo Santos Reyes (18W, 5KO, 4L, 0D)

RooneyLegend

Good stuff by the ref here. Would've been nice to see the real ending, but with this much power on show, its the sort of stuff that could ruin lives.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kovalev is just scary. Dangerous man to get into a ring with. It takes serious balls to even think of fighting him or GGG. You can understand how other fighters are so reluctant to fight them, even if it's bad for the fans.

FC Ronaldo

Kovalev also said Golovkin dropped him in sparring with body shots. That's GGG the relatively small MW dropping a big LHW. The power in his hands is unreal.

Kazi

Kovalev also said Golovkin dropped him in sparring with body shots. That's GGG the relatively small MW dropping a big LHW. The power in his hands is unreal.
Definitely punches like a heavyweight. Remarkable talent, to have both elite boxing skill and be the p4p most powerful in the world.

Last edited:

FC Ronaldo

Come on Kell Brook tomorrow night. Get the W.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What time can we expect the Brook fight to start folks?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is the number 1 contender? Completely outclassed.

Edit: fair play for lasting the round. But he looks very clumsy in his style. Brook should end this soon.

ha_rooney

:lol: literally on the bell.

Throw the towel... This isn't helping him.

And that's what they do. Well done Brook.

ha_rooney

Brook should target Khan next for the summer. Would like to see them both fight each other with the winner getting winner of Manny-Floyd.

Irrational.

Dan was not at Kell's level. Regardless of the fact he was the mandatory, he was a tomato can and doesn't really tell us anything about Brook that we didn't know already.

Khan-Brook at Wembley would be huge.

I don't believe Khan wants any part of Brook though, it's a high risk low reward fight and surely a loss would scupper any chances of that dream fight with Mayweather/ Pacquiao.

Claymore

Amazing interview in the ring from Brook and Herne, Herne says theres a little venue available June 13th or something and who wants to see Brook v Kahn, the crowd go mad and then Kell says, "get in the ring Khan, I know you're a little bit delicate around the whiskers, get in and I'll take you out" :lol::lol:

Can't believe Dan was #1 challenger with IBF because Brook slayed him.