The RedCafe Boxing Thread

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He got caught with a big shot in one of the later rounds that saw him respond with the most ferocious flurry of the entire fight. He had no reason to get caught with that shot in the first place and I thought it was yet another display of his poor concentration and need to show out in a way that's not natural to him. He cannot keep being so lax because eventually he'll get sparked, and for no good reason being as it's sloppiness rather than ability letting him down.
Appreciate that and it was noted this end but it's also a boxing match against a former world champion and incredibly tough man. To only get 1 heavy shot registered through 36 minutes is still a positive reflection of his concentration levels in my book. He had less punishment in that fight than against many other opponents.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Appreciate that and it was noted this end but it's also a boxing match against a former world champion and incredibly tough man. To only get 1 heavy shot registered through 36 minutes is still a positive reflection of his concentration levels in my book. He had less punishment in that fight than against many other opponents.
He got clipped a few times through the bout for the same thing, but that shot was a really big one, for which he should be grateful AA isn't a colossal puncher. I don't think getting caught with shots in and of itself is a bad thing, but he got caught, numerous times, because he was complacent - I felt he could/would have avoided or parried what caught him if he was giving his opponent the full attention he warranted (for the status you've mentioned). He can't continue to do that as he goes up, and it would be the most stupid way to lose a fight, if he did indeed go down off the back of a lackadaisical approach.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Just rewatched Froch v Groves1 on Boxing Gold on Sky. Forgot how dirty that fight was:lol:
Remembered the dodgy TKO call though. Was very one-sided by and large but both their faces at the end were seriously fecked up.
Was better than I remembered tbf.

Oggmonster

The living vicariously through his son thing is real, however, I do believe he remains in his corner because if he's ever in trouble, he will instantly pull him from the fight, probably much to his son's fury. Sr. has mentioned McClellan and Watson, and no doubt would have Watson in the back of his mind if ever triggered by his son being in a ring war. I wouldn't dispute that Eubank Sr. loves the limelight and will grab it whenever he can, but I think his primary reason he is a corner man is because he believes he will protect his son in a way nobody else would.. I just think that will backfire as he goes up to a higher pedigree of fighter and all that well-meaning stuff will actually put his son in harm's way rather than protect him.
Yeah that may well be the case. At the end of the day it's his son so he'll do what he thinks is best for him. I'm sure there's plenty of truth in the fact he's there to look after him but equally it's sometimes a hinderance. It's a corner of yes men knowing they have to answer to Eubank Sr for example and that can often be counter productive if they're all giving different advice (I'm sure that happened in at least 1 of his fights, might of been BJS.)

I've always found him a bit off putting Eubank Sr in regards to the fame stuff. I rewatched the Louis Theroux doc with him a while ago which is well worth a watch if you've not seen it and the desperation to be noticed is quite sad at times.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
November 11th. Las Vegas. Joshua-Klitschko 2. Looks like it's on.

Oggmonster

I wouldn't mind AJ facing someone else but equally it's a quick turnaround for a heavyweight title fight and the last one was entertaining so no complaints from me. Can't blame them for taking it to America either guy has potential to be a world star and he is facing someone he's already beaten and is still arguably the biggest name in the division so it all makes sense.

Inter Yer Nan

Probably make quicker work of Klitshko this time but nice way for him to make his debut here. Faces the biggest name in the division and retires him. I'd probably go to this as well since there's no more Vegas fights on the horizon seemingly (GGG-Canelo was impossible to get decent tickets at a decent price).

RedFish

Got Broner v Garcia and Frampton v Gutierrez this weekend.

Talk is of Garcia facing off with Linares should he get past Broner which I expect him to and if (when) Linares destroys Campbell.

Frampton should be a shoo in in Belfast.

Last edited:

Inter Yer Nan

Got Broner v Garcia this weekend and Frampton v Gutierrez this Saturday.

Talk is of Garcia facing off with Linares should he get past Broner which I expect him to.

He also mentioned that he'd stay at 140 to face the Crawford-Indongo winner. He fought Crawford as an amateur and lost. Interesting story, it was Garcia who through his manager recommended to Top Rank to sign up Crawford early in his career when he wasn't getting any exposure. Crawford is now alongside Lomachenko the star of Top Rank's stable and Garcia a free agent (having left Top Rank).

Oggmonster

Got Broner v Garcia and Frampton v Gutierrez this weekend.

Talk is of Garcia facing off with Linares should he get past Broner which I expect him to.

I'm interested in which Broner turns up. On his day he's very good it's just whether he's motivated or not. If he is I wouldn't be surprised if he caused a bit of an upset. It's potentially a really good fight.

RedFish

I'm interested in which Broner turns up. On his day he's very good it's just whether he's motivated or not. If he is I wouldn't be surprised if he caused a bit of an upset. It's potentially a really good fight.
Yeah I know what you mean, though I think the Broner of today is just a different animal. Lots of talk about his size pre fight, how he's cutting weight all wrong and just his shabby lifestyle. Shame, because I remember when he first burst on the scene I used to think he was going to rule the world! Still, lets see if he can pull it out of the bag.

Inter Yer Nan

Broner may not comfortably make the weight as he tends to balloon up in weight so not sure he'll be all the way healthy. He just doesn't throw enough punches to beat Garcia and his defense is kind of crap. He should have stopped trying to be Mayweather years ago and focused on his strengths and he might have turned out to be a top level fighter. As it stands he's kind of the guy between average and elite.

Kazi

I think Mikey will stop Broner tbh. I do still rate Broner but Mikey is fresh and he is excellent; it's a good styles match-up for Mikey and he's going to break Broner down.

Broner should use like Toney or Canelo to model his style. He's too inactive and flat-footed these days, so he needs to control the middle of the ring, let his fast hands counter and work on his upper body movement.

Last edited:

RedFish

gypsyking101been very blessed in my life & career achieve the upmost in boxing, was a epic journey along the way. Thanks to all the fans that supported & believed in me along the way,
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. ❤❤ THE END. ❤❤❤❤❤

Verbalkint

What do you guys think of Fury vs Parker? I think Parker's definitely the better and maybe stronger of the two. He can punch hard and take a hit as well. Good chin on the guy. If you watched the Dimitrenko fight there was plenty of power on display from Joseph Parker ..he hurt the big guy in every round that fight. Look up the Cojanu and Andy Ruiz fights and the power was nowhere to be seen. I'm not sure what to make of this glaring inconsistency.

If he leaves it to the judges, he's screwed for sure. Has to KO Fury.

Utdstar01

What do you guys think of Fury vs Parker? I think Parker's definitely the better and maybe stronger of the two. He can punch hard and take a hit as well. Good chin on the guy. If you watched the Dimitrenko fight there was plenty of power on display from Joseph Parker ..he hurt the big guy in every round that fight. Look up the Cojanu and Andy Ruiz fights and the power was nowhere to be seen. I'm not sure what to make of this glaring inconsistency.

If he leaves it to the judges, he's screwed for sure. Has to KO Fury.
If Fury wins apparently a title defence is set up against Haye.

ThaReaper01

Can't wait for Broner-Garcia. The two guys that beat Broner were true blue aggressor types. Didn't allow Broner to find his range or dictate the pace. Garcia isn't that type. Him wanting to box rather than swarm means he runs the risk of letting Broner get comfortable and eventually find his timing. Should be a good'un either way.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Frampton fight called off. Gutierrez slipped in the shower and broke his teeth or something.

starman

Anyone watch the Charlo - Heiland fight? very bizarre, Heiland looked injured before the bell. Footwork completely messed up

Werder Herzog

Rumour going round that Frampton has signed a five year deal with matchroom?

Some people saying its a hoax- anyone any idea? Thought Frampton hated Hearn?

Oggmonster

Rumour going round that Frampton has signed a five year deal with matchroom?

Some people saying its a hoax- anyone any idea? Thought Frampton hated Hearn?
I'd be surprised at that to be honest I reckon it'd be a hoax or twitter troll. He used to be with Matchroom and was slating him during the Quigg pre fight stuff, kept calling him a dickhead every 5 minutes. I can't see it happening, equally he seems to have a really good relationship with both the McGuigan's (Worth watching the BBC iPlayer documentary if you've not seen it.)

Inter Yer Nan

Broner is the biggest boxing fraud in recent memory. 3 weight world champion!
He's actually a 4-weight champion unbelievably. Just shows with the right connections and people behind you you can go far. They basically made the 130, 140 belts for him and the 147 against Malignaggi was luck that such a weak champion was there and he arguably lost that one. Even the DeMarco title which is perhaps the only legit one came against a not so good champion.

He's a solid gatekeeper level guy no more no less.

Classical Mechanic

He's actually a 4-weight champion unbelievably. Just shows with the right connections and people behind you you can go far. They basically made the 130, 140 belts for him and the 147 against Malignaggi was luck that such a weak champion was there and he arguably lost that one. Even the DeMarco title which is perhaps the only legit one came against a not so good champion.

He's a solid gatekeeper level guy no more no less.
I thought Ponce De Leon beat him too.

Inter Yer Nan

Lomachenko in action this week here in LA at the Microsoft Theater at LA Live. Got tickets right by ringside very well priced fight. I guess it's more of a spectacle as Marriaga is tough but limited so Lomachenko will really shine here and he's so great to watch.

Verbalkint

He's phenomenal. There's so much to look for all at one time when watching Lomachenko. He's an artist.
Absolutely, total psychopath. Just watching him can get dizzying sometimes. He moves all around and hits you from every conceivable angle and level. Ridiculously good on his feet. What a fighter!!

Are you looking forward to Golovkin vs Canelo? What thoughts?