The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Inter Yer Nan

A pretty meh weekend of fights. I like Golovkin but this fight barely interests me. Maybe the Oscar Valdez fight on the Top Rank show will be more fun since he's always in good fights.

Inter Yer Nan

Well worth watching if you get the chance. This is from the Documentary Champions Forever: The Latin Legends - A documentary filmed in the early 1990's chronicling the careers of Roberto Duran, Carlos Ortiz, Salvador Sanchez, Julio Cesar Chavez, Kid Gavilan and Alexis Arguello. The full thing is here
)

Here is an ESPN short on Arguello too.

One of the classiest people to ever represent the sport and an incredible fighter, a joy to watch, but far more than just an athlete.

Revan

Assumptionman
GGG still has it on him. What a brutal KO.

His chin must be the best I've ever seen. He got big punched several times in the second round and it didn't even faze him.

Inter Yer Nan

His chin must be the best I've ever seen. He got big punched several times in the second round and it didn't even faze him.
His chin is rock solid for sure. That KO was great. Great shot. I think he looked good but that level of opponent doesn’t tell us anything.

Verbalkint

Agreed with the chin. I remember Kell Brook was hitting him clean and all this guy did was motion for more. Must be so disheartening to see your opponent dismiss your best punch with ease. He's never really been hurt or on wobbly legs. Even Vitali was visibly hurt in the ring but GGG is just nuts.

It might have something to do with genetics i suspect. I met a bunch of Kazakhs in Uzbekistan this year and they looked strong as shit. Not too tall, but stocky and built powerfully. Wouldn't want a piece of that for sure.

Classical Mechanic

Agreed with the chin. I remember Kell Brook was hitting him clean and all this guy did was motion for more. Must be so disheartening to see your opponent dismiss your best punch with ease. He's never really been hurt or on wobbly legs. Even Vitali was visibly hurt in the ring but GGG is just nuts.

It might have something to do with genetics i suspect. I met a bunch of Kazakhs in Uzbekistan this year and they looked strong as shit. Not too tall, but stocky and built powerfully. Wouldn't want a piece of that for sure.
Think it's more to do with having a thick skull isn't it?

Spoony

The People's President

He's not a Kazakh. Dad's Russian, mother's Korean.

Inter Yer Nan

http://boxeomundial.com/20-greatest-latinos/

Another piece I did. I used a ranking system based on points in the following categories: quality of opponents, overall ability as a fighter, ring generalship, accomplishments, championship record, performance against larger men, dominance and longevity.

I'm working on an interview with Ruben Olivares, which I should get done within a week and Carlos Ortiz when I go to New York next month.

SambaBoy

Looking forward to the Warrington v Galahad fight this weekend. Only just realised it was on this weekend in the last few days, BT and Frank Warren are terrible at promoting fights these days. I hope Warrington wins, hard to warm to him because of his fan base but Galahad just seems an idiot and has been caught on PEDs before. Warrington has beat him twice already in the amateurs and if he puts in a similar display to Frampton/Selby, he should win on pts.

Oggmonster

Looking forward to the Warrington v Galahad fight this weekend. Only just realised it was on this weekend in the last few days, BT and Frank Warren are terrible at promoting fights these days. I hope Warrington wins, hard to warm to him because of his fan base but Galahad just seems an idiot and has been caught on PEDs before. Warrington has beat him twice already in the amateurs and if he puts in a similar display to Frampton/Selby, he should win on pts.
It's a hard one to promote for them.

Fury is on this weekend and is a far bigger name than both (and is generating a lot of interest, he's all over IFL, BT Sport and he has been on breakfast TV this week) Warrington and Galahad doesn't generate nearly that interest. In fairness they've got it spot on not putting it on PPV, they also can't rely on Sky sports News as they obviously won't promote BT fights.

SambaBoy

Hope Fury gets this business done in good fashion and gets straight into the Wilder rematch.

poleglass red

this is such a fight I am looking forward to. As you say lack of promotion, but real fight fans in for a treat. Warrington's output is insane, so much so, he beats technically better fighters than him with it. Something very old school about the way he carries himself and fights, refreshing to see.Just a pity he's from Leeds haha.

G-manc

Warrington is superfit and i don't think Galahad is a stiff enough puncher to stop him marauding forward. Warrington on points for me.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
as much as i dislike warrington and his incredibly dickish face i refuse to take someone called galahad seriously unless they turn up in chainmail

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah Tyson Fury but it's a BT box office fight art 4am. You'll find a stream no doubt if you look but I'm not going to be able to watch it live so can't help.
Cheers. Was looking for a while and all the streams were random channels not showing it so wasn't sure. Found one now!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just like American sports, I get all excited for the event then after the delays and late starts plus an opening ceremony before every event it's all worn off and I CBA to watch it anymore.

forevrared

Jesus, what a fight to finally watch Tyson Fury in action. I'm not sure what was better - the fight or the song.

Andersons Dietician

Ummmm Wow. That sequence in the 2nd round. Never heard of the dude Schwartz so no idea if he is any good or Tyson just made him look like an amateur. Maybe a bit of both but wow, that was a clinic.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Why does he have to sing?

Seen him do that a few times now and it doesn't get less cringeworthy.

I'm not telling him though.

Relfy

Some brilliant movement by Tyson. It was a mismatch on paper, and even more so in the ring. He's looking better and better. Hopefully he gets 1 or 2 more in before re-matching Wilder so he goes in 100% match fit.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Some brilliant movement by Tyson. It was a mismatch on paper, and even more so in the ring. He's looking better and better. Hopefully he gets 1 or 2 more in before re-matching Wilder so he goes in 100% match fit.
Definitely talk of at least one more first.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His face looks sharp as well.. looking trim by his standards.