The RedCafe Boxing Thread

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Best fight of the year IMO.

Gotta laugh at the commentary on the first Cordoba knock-down.

Dave "Boy" McCauley: "These Panamanian fighters, they're so laid back they're almost horizontal"

*crunch*

Jimmy McGee: "Now he is horizontal"

:lol:
when was that? I want to hear that part.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Do you see Wayne McCullogh has put out an open invitation to fight him.

Jaysus McCullogh does not know when to stop

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
Do you see Wayne McCullogh has put out an open invitation to fight him.

Jaysus McCullogh does not know when to stop
I'd love to see it on!.... it would be great to see two Irishmen slug it out for a world title. BD would win it, I think the fight is a couple of yrs too late for Wayne.
Some medics are not happy for Wayne to fight, others think there is no prob, in that case they should let him fight if he wants!

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I'd love to see it on!.... it would be great to see two Irishmen slug it out for a world title. BD would win it, I think the fight is a couple of yrs too late for Wayne.
Some medics are not happy for Wayne to fight, others think there is no prob, in that case they should let him fight if he wants!
If there's no medical consensus that he's unfit to fight I guess it should be his own decision, but in all honesty if his trainer, promoter, friends etc have his best interests at heart they should try to convince him to retire. He's well past his best, there's doubts about the health of his brain, and because he had an all time great chin and such courage he's took far too many punches in his career as it is. Last thing he needs at this stage is another war/beatdown from Dunne. Sad thing is I'll still watch it if it happens. Boxing can be pretty ghoulish at times.

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
If there's no medical consensus that he's unfit to fight I guess it should be his own decision, but in all honesty if his trainer, promoter, friends etc have his best interests at heart they should try to convince him to retire. He's well past his best, there's doubts about the health of his brain, and because he had an all time great chin and such courage he's took far too many punches in his career as it is. Last thing he needs at this stage is another war/beatdown from Dunne. Sad thing is I'll still watch it if it happens. Boxing can be pretty ghoulish at times.
spot on PM!

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
CARL Froch fury as TV snubs his big night
By Tom Hopkinson

Carl Froch has branded British TV bosses "a disgrace" for turning their backs on his first world title defence.

Froch, 31, is Britain's ONLY world boxing champion - but BBC, ITV and the satellite channels don't want to know.

He defends the WBC super-middleweight crown against ex-world champ Jermain Taylor, 30, in Connecticut in four weeks' time.

A deal has been struck with US TV giant Showtime to screen the fight live in America, but British fans may not see it.

Froch blasted: "For Britain's only world champion to be in such a big fight and it not to be screened is unheard of.

"It's a disgrace if it doesn't get shown and the people of Britain haven't got a chance to see this.

"It's not like I am up against a bum or an ordinary slugger who nobody is interested in ... "Setanta say they are the home of boxing. Well, they should be getting behind a British boy."

Froch, who claimed his crown in December by beating Jean Pascal, has a massive fight on his hands at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods resort. But he knows he has the power to beat Taylor.

Alex

Reckon Taylor will beat him, if he is in good shape for the fight

Leg-End

More than likely they have been priced out of it, we all know times are tight for ITV and BBC don't really show much live boxing anymore anyway. I am surprised Setanta have not jumped in there, they probably will.

Don16

Annoying cnut
Hope he does. Can't stand the Klistcho brothers to be honest. Ever see those fecking dodgy pics of them practically naked, standing next to each other? Creepy.

Leg-End

Haye is either gonna box in a new way we have seen him or he is gonna come in swinging from the off and he needs to be careful when he does that because we have seen before if he punches himself out he will be stopped later like against the cat.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I'll still take Pavlik, remember many of Abrahams victories have come in Europe against a very limited calibur of opponent. Id take Pavlik any day of the week over him.

I think Wlad is a better boxer than Vitali but Vitali is tougher esp. mentally and that takes him further. Im hoping Haye does him and considering he will be a much liver opponent than Wlad has faced in terms of movement and speed there is a very good chance he will

Pat_Mustard

fecking great night of boxing so far. Reyes starched Julio Diaz and Escobedo beat Hernandez in a very good fight. Those two fights were the ones I was least looking forward too as well. I've got a man crush on Katsidis (never seen him in a dull fight) and I can't wait to see if Valero justifies the hype. From the few fights I've seen of his on youtube his speed and power are just plain freaky.

Pat_Mustard

Thanks. Only caught the last two rounds of Hernandez-Escobedo but it sounded like it was a classic.
No problem mate. First two rounds looked great but my stream was shite and it took til Round 6 to find a decent one. Great fight from what I seen though. Was good to see Julio Diaz get the shit kicked out of him too in the first fight.

Pat_Mustard

I wonder if Frank will put Khan in with Valero? hmmm....
:lol:

Maybe if Khan shagged Frank's wife he'd put him in with Valero. Other than that not a chance. Incidentally, the guy who put up that stream switched to "Moms Turned Nymphos" after. If I didn't want to watch the Holt-Bradley fight I'd probably never log off that stream.