The RedCafe Boxing Thread

T00lsh3d

Who else remembers a time when half decent cards used to be 'free' on Sky Sports?
Yup. Just drives people towards illegal streams even more

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Chisora trying to look mean just looks like he’s still got his Covid mask on

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Chisora man handled him there, no fecks given :lol: Can’t see him keeping that up

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Usyk doesn’t look great to me though. Fury would pick him apart with the weight advantage on top.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Usyk doesn’t look great to me though. Fury would pick him apart with the weight advantage on top.
I don’t think he weathers a first 3 rounder from the top boys in the way he has done here tonight. They’d punish him much more than what Chisora did.

giorno

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, Usyk looks like a cruiser vs a HW still. Massive physical difference

He'll still beat Chisora because he's just that much better and Chisora just isn't a top fighter

BIGbadBOO4

He would not last against Joshua or Fury. He is just too small.
Parker would be an interesting fight against Usyk.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Yeah, Usyk looks like a cruiser vs a HW still. Massive physical difference

He'll still beat Chisora because he's just that much better and Chisora just isn't a top fighter
Will be Hearn bigging him up for the PPV dough. Chisora is done after this.

giorno

Supports
Real Madrid
Only tuned in by round 5, have Usyk winning 5,6,7,8,10,11

I hear he was in trouble in the early rounds? What do you guys think?

R12....mmmm...usyk

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Should never have been a PPV fight this. Maybe a fiver but having this as the same price as perhaps Fury/Wilder is absurd.

Deery

R12....mmmm...usyk
Never scored the rounds but Usyk won the fight for me

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

R12....mmmm...usyk
Chisora won the first 2, probably 3, but I don’t think there was any real ‘trouble’. Usyk slipped in R3 or R4 but it was a clash of feet and not a knockdown.

giorno

Supports
Real Madrid
He's too small and doesn't have the one punch KO power to make up for it

RUCK4444

Don’t know what Bellew is talking about, Usyk didn’t set the world alight but surely outpunched Derek.

Last edited:

Deery

Bellew is the biggest arsehole in boxing shouting instructions from ringside all night, leave it to the corner men ffs

Giggs86

Chisora is a joke, lost every fight to any half decent opponent in the past decade. Fury, Klitchko, Haye, even Pulev. Would love to see Usyk vs. Povetkin or AJ. No matter what though Fury is head and shoulders above anyone at the moment, no one comes close.

Oggmonster

Bellew is the biggest arsehole in boxing shouting instructions from ringside all night, leave it to the corner men ffs
Was odd that..

I get theyre mates but bit weird as he was working for sky.

Was funny during the weight in he was on SSN bigging Chisora up then shit his pants when Usyk walked past.

Usyk will not be a top heavyweight for me just doesn't look great at that weight class. Can't see him coping with the top fighters really.

Deery

Set my alarm for 3:48am thinking I’d be on time for the Tank v Santa Cruz fight literally got to see the Tank interview after the fight.

Serious knockout though and looked like a good fight. What a way to mark your first PPV..

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Was odd that..

I get theyre mates but bit weird as he was working for sky.

Was funny during the weight in he was on SSN bigging Chisora up then shit his pants when Usyk walked past.

Usyk will not be a top heavyweight for me just doesn't look great at that weight class. Can't see him coping with the top fighters really.
Chisora bullied him untill he gassed, usyk had no answer to him and he wasn’t big enough to hurt him.
I get usyk is the better boxer but I hate the way he just run away the whole fight and fought off the back foot. He was clearly too small to get involved in a scrap, it’s like putting someone like amir khan in there, he may sting, hurt and and out box a heavyweight but he shouldn’t be in there. Chisora should have just had a chill in his corner instead of chasing usyk around the ring.

i will say usyk covered up well but a bigger man who can actually box would smash him up imo

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
@Inter Yer Nan thoughts on Inoue's career trajectory? Where do you think he'll rank when he hangs them up?

Looks like he's getting better and better and his ability to pick his shots becoming even more deadly.

Who do you think can give him a contest?

Smithy89

Set my alarm for 3:48am thinking I’d be on time for the Tank v Santa Cruz fight literally got to see the Tank interview after the fight.

Serious knockout though and looked like a good fight. What a way to mark your first PPV..
I hope he pops back up to lightweight, the likes of him, Lopez, loma, Garcia and Haney all need to fight each other. Would be criminal if they don't all meet at some point.