The RedCafe Boxing Thread

fergies coat

Yeah but he’s not effectively mandatory until he’s won the rematch (if Whyte takes activates the rematch which he is.)

It’s shite, I agree. I don’t agree in mandatory rematches but fighters ask and other fighters agree so it’s on them in a way.
I want to see it again, and fury has to fight Wilder again anyway, so it doesn't make much difference.

Deery

Yeah but he’s not effectively mandatory until he’s won the rematch (if Whyte takes activates the rematch which he is.)

It’s shite, I agree. I don’t agree in mandatory rematches but fighters ask and other fighters agree so it’s on them in a way.
Ano but if they aren’t fixing fights there pulling rematch’s out of their arse it’s all to take money of the punter..

GledTheRed

I was genuinely open mouthed at the KO.

WOWSERZ

Deery

As a Povetkin fan that shot was incredible, dip the shoulder, in between the guard, good night! An Adam Smith talking shite about him all night when he never give an inch is beyond me..

RUCK4444

Ano but if they aren’t fixing fights there pulling rematch’s out of their arse it’s all to take money of the punter..
Yeah agree. I’m so feckin bored of hearing about these ‘big fights’ between AJ, Fury, Whyte, Wilder.

They all dance around and avoid the big fights to increase the time they have milking good money out of safe opponents.

They should have all fought one another by now. Joke.

Oggmonster

Why didn't Wythe give an interview after?
Doubt he was in any condition to talk much sense. Interviewing KOed fighters is a waste of time they normally embarrass themselves talking shite and its massively unfair on them.

I think there may be a rematch, Whyte was winning at that point and got caught so Eddie can easily sell it and then Whyte gets back in his never ending wait for a title shot

Fracture90

Doubt he was in any condition to talk much sense. Interviewing KOed fighters is a waste of time they normally embarrass themselves talking shite and its massively unfair on them.

I think there may be a rematch, Whyte was winning at that point and got caught so Eddie can easily sell it and then Whyte gets back in his never ending wait for a title shot
Spot on, same goes for the UFC.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Apparently Tszyu vs Horn is an important fight Wednesday? Who do you guys have in that one?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nice short video of the punch from Saturday night

Inter Yer Nan

I saw Andy Ruiz going in on Whyte saying he loved seeing him KO’d. He said because Whyte has no respect for other fighters. I agree with that part. Whyte is annoying as feck. Especially since he’s essentially a two time cheat but Ruiz was offered great money to fight him and said no so looks a bit poor from Ruiz.

I bet Fury loved it. Was tedious hearing Whyte call him a coward (for signing to fight the guy who’d KO’d Whyte years ago and for insane money) and lie about some sparring sessions from years ago.

Oggmonster

I saw Andy Ruiz going in on Whyte saying he loved seeing him KO’d. He said because Whyte has no respect for other fighters. I agree with that part. Whyte is annoying as feck. Especially since he’s essentially a two time cheat but Ruiz was offered great money to fight him and said no so looks a bit poor from Ruiz.

I bet Fury loved it. Was tedious hearing Whyte call him a coward (for signing to fight the guy who’d KO’d Whyte years ago and for insane money) and lie about some sparring sessions from years ago.
Ruiz fought Joshua in fairness, probably wants a break of sorts now as well.

I think most heavyweight boxers enjoyed seeing it definitely. Whyte has criticised every one of them....there's even that video of him pissing himself at Wilder losing to Fury and then mocking him for a 40 year old Ortiz knocking him down which has aged awfully now

poleglass red

I see Barry McGuigan and Carl Frampton have started their court case yesterday. Frampton is suing McGuigan over alleged withheld earnings, while Mr McGuigan alleges a breach of contract in separate proceedings in London.
Seems ironic that this involves McGuigan as a manager when he had the same issues with his manager back in the day with Eastwood

Inter Yer Nan

I see Barry McGuigan and Carl Frampton have started their court case yesterday. Frampton is suing McGuigan over alleged withheld earnings, while Mr McGuigan alleges a breach of contract in separate proceedings in London.
Seems ironic that this involves McGuigan as a manager when he had the same issues with his manager back in the day with Eastwood
Taylor left him too. I like McGuigan a lot. I would hate to find out he’s been doing anything wrong. Seems Frampton’s figures are off though.

poleglass red

Taylor left him too. I like McGuigan a lot. I would hate to find out he’s been doing anything wrong. Seems Frampton’s figures are off though.
It's difficult to get a non bias read on it. My dad would still be connected to a lot of the amateur boxing scene in and around the north of Ireland. McGuigan isn't liked at all by a lot of them, apparently he's not a nice guy behind the scenes, so all my intel is coming back is he's guilty, but as I say their views are already preconditioned by their dislike of McGuigan. Putting that bias aside, just looking at the facts so far, the McGuigan's, and I use the plural here, as his wife, but probably even more involved, are Barry's sons. I feel they took advantage of Frampton's naivety. Their seems to be a lack of a paper trail re "unpaid" money. Frampton signed documents he wasn't advised on, he also never signed a contract when he became a director of the company. I feel it's bad management, very bad in fact, with a combination of extreme naivety on Frampton's part, but is that punishable? Be interesting to see what other info comes out in trial. Re Frampton's figures, he didn't even know them himself, he had a to hire a forensic accountant, you'd assume any number they have, I believe I heard 6 mill being quoted, is probably on the high side, and will no doubt be fiercely disputed by McGuigan's legal team. It's sad to see to be honest, both fighters did so much in their careers to cross the religious divide in the north, Frampton has publicly said Barry was like a 2nd dad to him.It harks back to McGuigan's relationship with Eastwood, who was like his 2nd dad, yet both relationships end up in court. Throw Taylor into the mix as well, relationships with McGuigan don't seem to end well and can prove costly.

Nico87

Rumours of Floyd Mayweather coming back to fight a YouTuber, as ridiculous as it seems it will probably end up happening. He’s previousply expressed a desire for more exhibition fights. Basically see’s it as free money.

Luke1995

Watched the Mike Tyson - Danny Williams fight. Mike looked really good the first three rounds, was really putting it on Williams.

In the fourth round, it was close, up until it wasn't. I was stunned at how a big punch from Williams just dropped Tyson like that...

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing!
Supports
city
Lomachenko is going to school this boy, Lopez will need the KO.

Also find the Canelo situation hilarious, it’s hardly a shocker that DAZN don’t want to pay him 35 million to fight cans.
Don't take a short price about it happening.
I rate it only a 60-40 fight in Loma's favour.

Baneofthegame

Don't take a short price about it happening.
I rate it only a 60-40 fight in Loma's favour.
People had Walters as a shoe in to KO him years ago and he hotness obliterated. While Father Time is undefeated, I don’t think Loma is shot yet.

It’s Lopez KO/TKO or nothing for him.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing!
Supports
city
People had Walters as a shoe in to KO him years ago and he hotness obliterated. While Father Time is undefeated, I don’t think Loma is shot yet.

It’s Lopez KO/TKO or nothing for him.
Walters was a dangerous customer and Loma did a job on him 100% but he's not quite the same now and has been in some wars over the years (don't forget the amateur days) and while I still have him fav it's far from cut and dried.
Teo can box too and is the naturally bigger man so will give him a torrid time IMO.

Baneofthegame

Walters was a dangerous customer and Loma did a job on him 100% but he's not quite the same now and has been in some wars over the years (don't forget the amateur days) and while I still have him fav it's far from cut and dried.
Teo can box too and is the naturally bigger man so will give him a torrid time IMO.
He’s also had time to heal the shoulder injury imo, Lopez definitely has the size advantage as he will be up at 140 within 2 fights.

Just think this is a step too far, he’s never shared the ring with someone of the caliber of Lomachenko, he certainly is a live dog in this fight for sure.

Verbalkint

An exciting fight this weekend - Dorticos vs Breidis. What do you make of it? I favor Mairis personally. Good power, chin, cardio and a willingness to fight real dirty. I hope he looks better this time out than he did vs that Noel Gevor guy.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing!
Supports
city
Good wins for both Charlo's against decent opponents, Luis Nery, Daniel Roman and a 1st Round KO for Josh Taylor over an outclassed Thai fighter.
A stacked weekends action.

SambaBoy

Impressive performance from Jermall. Looked better against Derevychenko then GGG and Jacobs did.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyone know where I can watch Loma Lopez fight on Sunday morning? It's not being show in UK unfortunately.

Deery

Anyone know where I can watch Loma Lopez fight on Sunday morning? It's not being show in UK unfortunately.
Fite TV, I think it’s an online channel or you can get the app on fire stick £9.99 PPV..