The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Inter Yer Nan

RIP Jones.

I know that he won a world heavyweight title and IMO was the best boxer since at least Sugar Ray Leonard, but Tyson is too big for him and his chin was gone long ago.
I don’t think they are allowed to hurt each other. It’s just a play fight. No winner if it goes to the cards, can’t hurt each other etc;

Deery

Dreary
Anyone watching the boxing on SKY? I have a cheeky bet on Eggington, Cheeseman likes to block with his face 3/1 worth a gamble.

TheReligion

Abusive
Say what you want about Eddie Hearn but he's an absolute showman and a master of the game. He's really delivered with Fight Camp and right in his own backyard. Bloody superb. Sweet Caroline, Fireworks and a show befitting of the very best. Joy to watch.

Deery

Dreary
Say what you want about Eddie Hearn but he's an absolute showman and a master of the game. He's really delivered with Fight Camp and right in his own backyard. Bloody superb. Sweet Caroline, Fireworks and a show befitting of the very best. Joy to watch.
All the favourites won typical match room card, although it was more entertaining than most..

Luke1995

About the Tyson-Roy Jones thing: The way I look at it is the same way I looked at the Mcgregor-Mayweather show.

We shouldn't have world championship level expectations. Enjoy the interviews they will do to build it up, the videos of Mike hitting pads, the two of them walking out to the ring, all the little things.

Evans999

Really looking forward to Whyte vs Povetkin fight tonight. Dillian looks in great shape, 18 pounds lighter than the late notice fight in Saudi Arabia.

Should be a great fight, Hope Whyte makes a statement to finally get that WBC shot.

Oggmonster

Really looking forward to Whyte vs Povetkin fight tonight. Dillian looks in great shape, 18 pounds lighter than the late notice fight in Saudi Arabia.

Should be a great fight, Hope Whyte makes a statement to finally get that WBC shot.
Still can't believe it's on PPV, ridiculous decision really. It'd of been better in the long run for whyte if they put it on normal Sky and he put in a good performance

Deery

Dreary
I’m pissed that I have to pay £20 for this fight nowhere near PPV material, Povetkin was very poor in his last fight against Hunter and Whyte isn’t exactly a very entertaining fighter either. If Taylor v Persoon wasn’t on it I don’t think I’d be paying for it..

Fracture90

Age will play a big factor in this one i think. Whyte being in good shape on top of him being 8y younger than Povetkin (40) could prove to be a decisive factor.

kidbob

Don't start with robbery shit, one score card was bad but Taylor won that by 2 rounds. A proper ref wouldn't have let Persoon consistently grab the back of her head either. Fair play to Persoon though she is an animal.

RUCK4444

Don't start with robbery shit, one score card was bad but Taylor won that by 2 rounds. A proper ref wouldn't have let Persoon consistently grab the back of her head either. Fair play to Persoon though she is an animal.
Sorry mate Persoon won that by at least 2 rounds.

She’s a protected species Taylor, it’s embarrassing

RUCK4444

Persoon just said that Katie deserved the win. Boxing is much more than walking forward winging punches.
She was far too gracious there, every commentator, pundit and fellow pros saying they had Persoon ahead.

I agree it’s not just walking forward but above all its volume of punches landed, you can’t get hit more than you hit your opponent and win just because you happen to be the technically better fighter.

Fracture90

Good thing is that both Povetkin and Whyte like to operate on the inside, should be a treat this one.

RUCK4444

Did she feck.
Taylor the clear winner.
Windmill Persoon is a scrapper but she was out boxed
Don’t agree. Same as the pundits and commentators, I had Persoon landing the most punches which is what matters.

Taylor severely poor with the jab which is crazy considering she had the first fight to learn from, let Persoon come in and land far too many in every round after the 2nd.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Don’t agree. Same as the pundits and commentators, I had Persoon landing the most punches which is what matters.

Taylor severely poor with the jab which is crazy considering she had the first fight to learn from, let Persoon come in and land far too many in every round after the 2nd.
Taylors jab was non existent but she was clearly the better boxer. Landed the better shots IMO.
Persoon is wild. Relentless all the same.

Even Persoon is happy with the decision.

Deery

Dreary
That Persoon is fecking relentless have to give it to her by maybe a round but a draw would have been far and I’m a big Taylor fan..