The RedCafe Boxing Thread

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I know but it’s still ridiculous how anyone can defend him.
It’s quite clear that Kinahan has paid an army of Twitter bots (mostly based in Scotland for some reason) to respond to every online criticism of this fight and his ‘career’. He recently paid a rapper to write a verse about how the Regency shooting was a government conspiracy, and then got a shite ‘documentary’ on that event - which made him out to be some concerned, compassionate onlooker released on YouTube.

I’m not sure if people outside Ireland understand the depth of hatred for him and his gang here, big boxing events can’t even be held here anymore.

Inter Yer Nan

Hey all, I am flying out the family of Eder Jofre in 2021. March if COVID allows, July is the back-up. Eder fought here in Los Angeles in 1960 so will be returning after all that time and his family will be joining him. I put a substantial payment down already which should be half of what I expect to get them their 4 flights and the hotels. I know times are hard but if anyone can help great, if not, I get it. I am offering $60 for personalized autographed photos from him to you and that prices includes your postage no matter where you are and it also includes a ticket into a raffle which he’ll draw for the winner to get a free glove signed by him.

Deery

Dreary
Ryan Garcia v Luke Campbell looks a very tasty fight, too soon for Garcia or come at the right time?

I personally would like to se Garcia win kid looks the real deal great fight either way..

Inter Yer Nan

Ryan Garcia v Luke Campbell looks a very tasty fight, too soon for Garcia or come at the right time?

I personally would like to se Garcia win kid looks the real deal great fight either way..
There’s no way Garcia accepts the fight. He just ran away from Linares and then Fortuna. They/he isn’t trying to do any difficult fights. Same for Haney. Haney didn’t want to fight Campbell before COVID, got “injured” then the WBC e-mailed him back his ridiculous claim of the WBC belt and now he’s done the same. The promoters can play this game. Sad thing is, Hearn should be looking out for Haney AND Campbell.

Deery

Dreary
There’s no way Garcia accepts the fight. He just ran away from Linares and then Fortuna. They/he isn’t trying to do any difficult fights. Same for Haney. Haney didn’t want to fight Campbell before COVID, got “injured” then the WBC e-mailed him back his ridiculous claim of the WBC belt and now he’s done the same. The promoters can play this game. Sad thing is, Hearn should be looking out for Haney AND Campbell.
My first thought was Garcia would turn it down but you never know it could happen. It would be a great fight and if he wins he would be set to fight Haney.

Inter Yer Nan

My first thought was Garcia would turn it down but you never know it could happen. It would be a great fight and if he wins he would be set to fight Haney.
I'd be totally stunned if it happened. Garcia turned down two older, more battle worn fighters for more money than he'd make here. He's not ready/willing to test himself yet. Same for Haney. There is also no way they'll fight each other. It's all hot air. They are trying to go the Instagram and social media route I feel. It's why, while I liked Haney as a fighter and admired his perceived talent, I have far more respect for Teofimio Lopez because he's actually trying to back up his talk.

Deery

Dreary
I'd be totally stunned if it happened. Garcia turned down two older, more battle worn fighters for more money than he'd make here. He's not ready/willing to test himself yet. Same for Haney. There is also no way they'll fight each other. It's all hot air. They are trying to go the Instagram and social media route I feel. It's why, while I liked Haney as a fighter and admired his perceived talent, I have far more respect for Teofimio Lopez because he's actually trying to back up his talk.
Love Teofimio Lopez myself hope he knocks out Lomachenko, though it will be a big ask..

Fracture90

So GoldenBoy confirmed that Garcia has accepted the Campbell fight. Should be an interesting fight and if Garcia is a real deal he should end up on the winning side, thought Campbell is not a pushover, it should be quite entertaining.

Fracture90

Surprised to see Garcia say “yes” but we’ll see. I think Campbell will more than likely win that fight.
Same here, i thought Garcia will price himself out, but props to him for accepting the fight. Campbell is no joke, should be a great fight.

Fracture90

haven’t seen it confirmed but would assume so
Uff, seeing some of those training videos of Mike's, that people keep on posting, he looks to be in a pretty good shape for his age. Considering how much RJJ's chin had deteriorated during his later bouts, Mike might just kill him...

G-manc

When Tyson slows down after about a minute coupled with Jones having no chin anymore and shot reflexes, this will be horrible.

Probably had to be California that sanctioned it with the amount of weed Tyson allegedly goes through!

Deery

Dreary
When Tyson slows down after about a minute coupled with Jones having no chin anymore and shot reflexes, this will be horrible.

Probably had to be California that sanctioned it with the amount of weed Tyson allegedly goes through!
He signed the contract smoking a joint.

SambaBoy

Terrible idea this fight.

In better news, Gervonta Davis will finally test himself against someone of decent quality in Leo Santa Cruz. Should be a good fight, Berchelt and Valdez close to getting announced as well. Dereveychenko and Charlo too.

SambaBoy

Hoping that Crawford will get properly tested against an elite opponent next year...
Yeah he needs it now. Don't think he will fight one of the PBC guys, and just fight Brook which won't satisfy fans especially in the US. Him and Spence just need to fight now but it won't happen without a full crowd.

pascell

Anyone tuning in for the Joyce vs Wallisch fight tomorrow?

My mates brother Mick Hall is fighting on the undercard vs Denzel Bentley, which should be a good fight.

Fracture90

Yeah he needs it now. Don't think he will fight one of the PBC guys, and just fight Brook which won't satisfy fans especially in the US. Him and Spence just need to fight now but it won't happen without a full crowd.
That fight would have been a spectacle 4 years ago before his eye socket fractures against GGG and Spence.

RedFish

Terrible idea this fight.

In better news, Gervonta Davis will finally test himself against someone of decent quality in Leo Santa Cruz. Should be a good fight, Berchelt and Valdez close to getting announced as well. Dereveychenko and Charlo too.
Holy shit. Davis v Cruz . I'm all over that one.

Fracture90

Who knows. I thought he'd have a decent shot at Spence and got pummelled. GGG killed the man. Crawford will finish the ghost.
Well said. I understand he wanted to test himself but even without the benefit of a hindsight, GGG fight was a huge risk bout for him.

SambaBoy

Well said. I understand he wanted to test himself but even without the benefit of a hindsight, GGG fight was a huge risk bout for him.
Yeah was a strange one. Brook and Khan called out for not fighting each other so they both not only jumped up two weight classes but fought the best in the division. Both got brutally stopped/KO'd.

Fracture90

Yeah was a strange one. Brook and Khan called out for not fighting each other so they both not only jumped up two weight classes but fought the best in the division. Both got brutally stopped/KO'd.
Irony huh. Khan was supposed to fight Brook and Canelo was supposed to fight GGG...

RedFish

That Khan KO from Canelo. What a beauty. Khan up in the fight till then I recollect. So what? Bang and good night!

Inter Yer Nan

Very happy to announce I will be hosting the family of Eder Jofre next year and I’ll also take them to New York in June where we’ll visit the International Boxing Hall of Fame. The plan is for the book to be released in February. Right now I am in the editing phase.

If you know your history, Jofre is the oldest living legend and one of the greatest ever pound for pound. It’s been my great privilege to write the first authorized English biography on him. They are a wonderful family. The book consists of close to 20 years of research, a ton of primary sources and interviews and will have a ton of photos that nobody has ever seen.

G-manc

Joe Joyce is a weird fighter to watch. He seems to get a lot of hype, but has possibly the slowest hands i've ever seen and literally zero movement or flexibility.

If he ships the right hands he took on Saturday against Dubois i can only see him flat on his back.

Luke1995

Very happy to announce I will be hosting the family of Eder Jofre next year and I’ll also take them to New York in June where we’ll visit the International Boxing Hall of Fame. The plan is for the book to be released in February. Right now I am in the editing phase.

If you know your history, Jofre is the oldest living legend and one of the greatest ever pound for pound. It’s been my great privilege to write the first authorized English biography on him. They are a wonderful family. The book consists of close to 20 years of research, a ton of primary sources and interviews and will have a ton of photos that nobody has ever seen.
Congratulations on managing to get that project going! I don't post much on this thread but when I come here to read, I often look to your posts in hope of attaining some knowledge about the history of the sport.

Revan

Assumptionman
Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr - 8 round exhibition match confirmed
RIP Jones.

I know that he won a world heavyweight title and IMO was the best boxer since at least Sugar Ray Leonard, but Tyson is too big for him and his chin was gone long ago.