The RedCafe Boxing Thread

G-manc

It has to be in the UK. The undisputed heavy title. It would be the biggest fight in British boxing history.
You'd like to think so but i'm sure fast Eddie will dress up Saudi Arabia as an 'upcoming sporting nation' rather than being honest enough to say they offered the most money.

Fury has always said he's not too bothered about money so hopefully he's insistent on a UK venue for at least the first fight.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Anybody else not really like the sound of these 2 fight arrangements? I may be very much in the minority but I just want all the focus on the next fight not knowing that whoever loses is guaranteed a rematch.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Can't believe Daniel fecking Kinahan ended up being the guy to get it over the line.

I recommend googling him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I'll be disgusted if any Irish sports shows play any part in promoting this.
There should be a boycott campaign against this fight. Feck Fury and Joshua and everybody involved in this.

Inter Yer Nan

Anybody else not really like the sound of these 2 fight arrangements? I may be very much in the minority but I just want all the focus on the next fight not knowing that whoever loses is guaranteed a rematch.
Yeah, me too. Boxing politics is such a mess (it always is but now even more so) that these deals are necessary. It can end up being a bit of a nuisance. Case in point: Fury-Wilder III is about as much use as Lewis-Tyson II would have been but it's got to happen.

Inter Yer Nan

Joshua has a puncher chance and he's a much better boxer than Wilder. The problem is, does he try and box with Fury, since he looked good last time out or does he have to sell out and go for it? I can't see him outboxing Fury as he's a little stiff and doesn't move his head. I think Joshua is a better and smarter finisher than Wilder so if he is able to land a bomb he has a chance but it feels fairly remote.

I'd give Joshua a 25% chance.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Joshua has a puncher chance and he's a much better boxer than Wilder. The problem is, does he try and box with Fury, since he looked good last time out or does he have to sell out and go for it? I can't see him outboxing Fury as he's a little stiff and doesn't move his head. I think Joshua is a better and smarter finisher than Wilder so if he is able to land a bomb he has a chance but it feels fairly remote.

I'd give Joshua a 25% chance.
Spot on. Joshua always reminds me of Frank Bruno and seemed to be the nations sweetheart but Fury just has the style and chin to frustrate Joshua.

I couldn’t believe how easily he dispatched Wilder in the 2nd fight as I had Wilder down for a ko but Fury just has something even though he looks like some guy from the pub vs the chiselled Joshua but their talent are worlds apart.

Im glad the country is finally appreciating Fury as there won’t be too with his charisma and the style to back it up.

Utdstar01

i make it 60-40 in favour of Tyson. Joshua resembles an actual boxer with some technical ability unlike Wilder. Fancy Fury on points but he's shown that he can be hurt, Joshua has shown he can punch and with accuracy.

Deery

Dreary
i make it 60-40 in favour of Tyson. Joshua resembles an actual boxer with some technical ability unlike Wilder. Fancy Fury on points but he's shown that he can be hurt, Joshua has shown he can punch and with accuracy.
Yeah, I’m the same you can’t just write Joshua off, a lot of people jumping on the Fury train after the Wilder dismantling but in a heavy weight fight between the top two anything can happen.

Inter Yer Nan

Spot on. Joshua always reminds me of Frank Bruno and seemed to be the nations sweetheart but Fury just has the style and chin to frustrate Joshua.

I couldn’t believe how easily he dispatched Wilder in the 2nd fight as I had Wilder down for a ko but Fury just has something even though he looks like some guy from the pub vs the chiselled Joshua but their talent are worlds apart.

Im glad the country is finally appreciating Fury as there won’t be too with his charisma and the style to back it up.
The key with Fury and Wilder is that Fury learned after the second knockdown in fight I that Wilder can’t fight backed up. It was Wilder who was relieved to hear the bell even though he was out of time. He was about to be KO’d and Fury knew it. Wilder also believed his own press reports so felt he just had to swing and it’s over. Fury took the play immediately. Wilder can’t punch with his left hand or from underneath or inside. Not can’t punch well. Can’t punch period. Fury is a smart fighter too. Light years ahead. You can see Joshua is thinking every move whereas Fury is second nature.

I like both fighters and have no dog in the race. May the best man win. I would be surprised if that man was Joshua though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The key with Fury and Wilder is that Fury learned after the second knockdown in fight I that Wilder can’t fight backed up. It was Wilder who was relieved to hear the bell even though he was out of time. He was about to be KO’d and Fury knew it. Wilder also believed his own press reports so felt he just had to swing and it’s over. Fury took the play immediately. Wilder can’t punch with his left hand or from underneath or inside. Not can’t punch well. Can’t punch period. Fury is a smart fighter too. Light years ahead. You can see Joshua is thinking every move whereas Fury is second nature.

I like both fighters and have no dog in the race. May the best man win. I would be surprised if that man was Joshua though.
Joshua's stiff jap and combinations will stop Fury doing what he did to Wilder. You'd have to think Fury will be looking to keep Joshua at range the whole fight with his superior footwork and reach advantage. Joshua's power isn't far off Wilder's though, and he'll catch Fury more frequently than Wilder did. It really could go either way.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
And they’re thinking about hosting the fight in Saudi Arabia. The whole thing is fecking insane.
Feck Saudi Arabia. I think Joshua is really likeable but when he gets involved in BLM protests then goes and takes the Saudi's blood money it is an easy stick to beat him with.

Classical Mechanic

And they’re thinking about hosting the fight in Saudi Arabia. The whole thing is fecking insane.
This just makes AJ look terrible. After his incoherant BLM speech it then looks like he's going to take another fight in in SA, a country that enslaved Africans until the 1960s, one that only gave up slavery after pressure from the UK and one that is still accused of modern slavery practices against Africans.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...men-gulf-despite-abuse-fears-domestic-workers

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Feck Saudi Arabia. I think Joshua is really likeable but when he gets involved in BLM protests then goes and takes the Saudi's blood money it is an easy stick to beat him with.
This just makes AJ look terrible. After his incoherant BLM speech it then looks like he's going to take another fight in in SA, a country that enslaved Africans until the 1960s, one that only gave up slavery after pressure from the UK and one that is still accused of modern slavery practices against Africans.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...men-gulf-despite-abuse-fears-domestic-workers
SA aside, are you guys familiar with Daniel Kinehan? The fixer who is so important to this fight that he gets a glowing tribute from Tyson in a fight announcement so short he didn’t even get a chance to trash talk AJ. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Classical Mechanic

SA aside, are you guys familiar with Daniel Kinehan? The fixer who is so important to this fight that he gets a glowing tribute from Tyson in a fight announcement so short he didn’t even get a chance to trash talk AJ. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.
I read a bit on him. He's a highly murderous gangster. Boxings has always been deeply corrupt, full of villians and hypocrites but in this new socially conscious era it will be interesting to see if this will float. It certainly stinks from top to bottom.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He gets suitably abused in the responses.
I know but it’s still ridiculous how anyone can defend him.

Telegraph called Kinahan “a sometimes controversial figure” yesterday. The British press are largely taking piss by absolutely saying nothing about it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I know but it’s still ridiculous how anyone can defend him.

Telegraph called Kinahan “a sometimes controversial figure” yesterday. The British press are largely taking piss by absolutely saying nothing about it.
I wonder whether Fury will face the same backlash over his comments that AJ did. I very much doubt it.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
To be honest I had never heard of him until the Fury tweet. Having read this though I cannot see how such a criminal could be involved.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5527645/daniel-kinahan-tyson-fury-fight-kinnerhan-cartel/

Paxi

I wonder whether Fury will face the same backlash over his comments that AJ did. I very much doubt it.
What was that? I didn’t hear nothing to be honest with you
To be honest I had never heard of him until the Fury tweet. Having read this though I cannot see how such a criminal could be involved.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5527645/daniel-kinahan-tyson-fury-fight-kinnerhan-cartel/
Officially he’s not involved. As MTK had to deny Kinahan was involved with them in any capacity but Fury literally spilled the beans by saying he got the deal done.

Oggmonster

Boxing isn't really the cleanest and least corrupt of sports. It doesn't surprise me people like thare are involved.

Re AJ stuff and Saudi, he's obviously a massive hypocrite and unfortunately not intelligent enough to see it. He's the face of Hugo Boss who was of course a massive Nazi.

Paxi

I mean his praise for Kinahan.
Oh right I see. I quite like Fury and I think he has somewhat redeemed himself over his past transgressions with his work for mental health but with this, I find it hard to root for him again as long as he’s associated with Kinahan. Can’t turn a blind eye to that.

pascell

I have it 70-30 in favour of Fury, I'm giving AJ a respectful 30 as he has much better technical ability than Wilder and has a punchers chance. Like you've said about Fury, AJ also has shown he can be hurt and Fury has shown he can punch with accuracy and now also adding knock out shots to his forte.

Paxi

Would be good to see but not a chance this happens.