The RedCafe Boxing Thread

mu4c_20le

This is the best shape ive ever seen AJ in, lean mean and quick. Never seen him have so much fun in awhile

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Credit to Pulev for lasting that long. Those uppercuts were superb.

Now get the fight with Fury sorted...

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Joshua absolutely way on top and delivers a thoroughly convincing and absolutely victory.

But Pulev not disgraced ... have no idea how many AJ uppercuts he ate up and credit to him for lasting til end of 9th.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Joshua genuinely doesn't look like he's been in the ring.

TrustInOle

This is the best, boxing wise, I've seen AJ, looked in amazing condition, was just an onslaught from the second round and them uppercuts were nasty! Very disciplined performance. Bring on the Fury match :D

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Joshua will beat Fury. It'll come down to firepower and he has bigger guns.
Pulev let him come in close and had significant reach and size advantages.
AJ won’t have that vs Fury and will struggle to land those uppercuts

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not that it mattered but the ref counting to 10 was ridiculous. Should’ve called it when he went down.

Pulev is insane :lol:

Kazi

Eddie won’t put Joshua in there with Fury until 2022 at the earliest. Still way behind Fury.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
We need to see AJ v Fury. And we probably need to see it 3 times.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This is the best, boxing wise, I've seen AJ, looked in amazing condition, was just an onslaught from the second round and them uppercuts were nasty! Very disciplined performance. Bring on the Fury match :D
Yeah. It was the absolutely perfect work out after Covid break and as a way to sharpen his fight game on the journey to Fury.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Joshua v Fury will be the biggest fight in British boxing history if it happens in the next year. What a fight. I'll actually pay £ for that!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I think he’ll run around all night, trying not to get twatted. Joshua will be his most dangerous fight BY FAR.
That’s what he had to do vs Wilder, similar vs Wlad who is one of the hardest punchers in heavyweight history. That sort of approach is right up Fury’s street, though as he showed in Wilder II it’s not a given he’d take that approach anyway.

lsd

The Oracle
Well that was pathetic as expected. Now we get another 6 monthes of Joshua and Fury hype before they fight more no hopers instead of each other

JP77

Joshua will beat Fury. It'll come down to firepower and he has bigger guns.
Not going to shit on Joshua as he’s a good fighter but I just don’t see it. Joshua is fighting fighters who suit him perfectly. This fight is the perfect example. Pulev may have a good chin but he’s older, slower, smaller and allows Joshua to dictate the pace whenever he wants to. It just suits Joshua perfectly.

He won’t get that against Fury who he won’t have the size advtange on, won’t have the speed advantage on, won’t have a real age advantage on and won’t be allowed to dictate the pace at his own will. I’ll never write Joshua off as that would be stupid but I’m confident in Fury beating him if it happens. I think Joshua has serious stamina problems that some people are looking past and when somebody comes in and presses the action against him and has the skill to back it up, he’s going to be in real trouble.

Where he’s lucky is that outside of Fury, there’s not many guys in this division that can currently do that to him. Surely at this point he has to fight Fury or even a Wilder. Even AJ fans have to start pushing him for these fights now.

saivet

Thought AJ looked good. Pretty scary the way Pulev was taking some of those punches and laughing at them. Taking punishment like that is not healthy at all.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Great stuff from AJ... Terrific patience and terrific power.

AJ / Fury needs to happen tomorrow (not literally)... And all the ungodly money that'll come with it

GenZRed

Another great fight from Joshua. Pulev did his best and credit to him for taking those shots.

I gotta say that KO punch was crazy good. I'm glad Joshua has fulfilled his potential.

Fury vs Joshua in 2021. I hope.

That’s what he had to do vs Wilder, similar vs Wlad who is one of the hardest punchers in heavyweight history. That sort of approach is right up Fury’s street, though as he showed in Wilder II it’s not a given he’d take that approach anyway.
An aged Wlad who underestimated him and who never got a chance for a rematch, and an absolutely awful boxer.

Neither are close to the threat of AJ, don’t kid yourself.