The RedCafe Boxing Thread

sidsutton

Is smith just trying to get through this without raking much damage, collect the paycheck and then carry on with his career? I know it was taken on short notice but so far he has shown no attacking intention.

ZupZup

Smith just looks slow and ponderous in there. Think he’ll be fortunate to see the final bell here.

Deery

Dreary
Right Smith if you want to win you gotta back Canelo up instead of fighting on the back foot

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Is smith just trying to get through this without raking much damage, collect the paycheck and then carry on with his career? I know it was taken on short notice but so far he has shown no attacking intention.
Yeah it’s fecking me off. Fight of his life and he’s giving it 70%

TrustInOle

Definatley dissapointing so far, but theres no shame in being outclassed by Canelo.

Will do well to get through to the end of the 12th.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a fighter in a world title fight just stand around in the corner between rounds

TrustInOle

If i can say anything positive about Smith, he done well to get through that and showed pride being determined not to go down.

Perfection from Canelo.

predator

Youth NITK
Smith got walloped but I can't help but think that he couldve done better if he used his reach to his advantage. Instead he used it to his disadvantage

Deery

Dreary
If i can say anything positive about Smith, he done well to get through that and showed pride being determined not to go down.

Perfection from Canelo.
Yeah, fair play to him going the distance but it was only one way traffic all night

TrustInOle

Yeah, fair play to him going the distance but it was only one way traffic all night
Aye, didn't have enough power to get any form of respect from Canelo. Still think he should have been popping that Jab alot more considering, not only is it one of his strengths but he had an 8 inch reach advantage.

Kazi

So easy for Canelo

He says he wants to unify at 168 but I really have no interest in seeing him fight BJS/Plant. But if he goes up to 175, he will be tiny vs Beterbiev/Bivol.

Inter Yer Nan

Tanaka vs. Ioka is a great fight tomorrow. An excellent champion in Ioka, great style vs. Tanaka going for his fourth title, is unbeaten and one of the best young fighters in the sport. Then Saturday's intriguing Garcia vs. Campbell match. I couldn't get passed four rounds of Canelo vs. Smith so hopefully these are much better as I am sure they will be.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Ioka did the business and truly is one of the best fighters out there but his nationally and weight will prevent him from ever being a well known name in the West.
It's tough enough for Inoue who's a P4P Top 5 fighter and more explosive than Ioka.
Campbell is durable enough to trouble Ryan Garcia and it will be the kid's biggest rest to date.

Deery

Dreary
Campbell worth any money tonight? He’s quite long
Hard one to call mate, Campbell has fought at the level a long time but is on the way out where as Garcia hasn’t really been seen at this level so I don’t know..

I put money on Garcia 9th round but it’s in America and he is the darling so I don’t think Luke will get a points win. Best bet for him would be a stoppage at some point in the fight.

But, what do I know really Campbell could win easily for all I know.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Hard one to call mate, Campbell has fought at the level a long time but is on the way out where as Garcia hasn’t really been seen at this level so I don’t know..

I put money on Garcia 9th round but it’s in America and he is the darling so I don’t think Luke will get a points win. Best bet for him would be a stoppage at some point in the fight.

But, what do I know really Campbell could win easily for all I know.
It’s in America? Bet365 has the fight at 11 o’clock, do you know if that’s accurate? It’s usually later in America

Deery

Dreary
It’s in America? Bet365 has the fight at 11 o’clock, do you know if that’s accurate? It’s usually later in America
Yeah it’s in Texas, yep 11 o’clock is the right time as far as I’m aware. I think DAZN pulled it forward to get a lot more European subscriptions on their books.

Happy days for us though...

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yeah it’s in Texas, yep 11 o’clock is the right time as far as I’m aware. I think DAZN pulled it forward to get a lot more European subscriptions on their books.

Happy days for us though...
Yeah definitely, I can’t handle these 5am jobs. Even sober it fecks me up for days :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Campbell can’t win on points. It’s Golden Boy and they’ve lost Canelo so best believe Ryan is unbeatable on the cards now.
Urgh. Such a turn-off about boxing. How the feck can you have a fight where one guy isn’t allowed to win by a method? Nothing new I know but it’s utterly disgraceful when you consider these guys are literally risking their lives

Inter Yer Nan

Urgh. Such a turn-off about boxing. How the feck can you have a fight where one guy isn’t allowed to win by a method? Nothing new I know but it’s utterly disgraceful when you consider these guys are literally risking their lives
I agree. It’s a terribly unfortunate part of the sport. It’s why I’ve had zero interest in Canelo’s career and didn’t even bother to watch his last fight.