The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Deery

Dreary
I agree. It’s a terribly unfortunate part of the sport. It’s why I’ve had zero interest in Canelo’s career and didn’t even bother to watch his last fight.
It’s my suspicions that Canelo is on drugs you can’t go from getting schooled at welterweight by Floyd Mayweather to smashing light heavyweights its just not possible..

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I agree. It’s a terribly unfortunate part of the sport. It’s why I’ve had zero interest in Canelo’s career and didn’t even bother to watch his last fight.
It’s my suspicions that Canelo is on drugs you can’t go from getting schooled at welterweight by Floyd Mayweather to smashing light heavyweights its just not possible..
Agree about Canelo’s fights being underwhelming for that reason. It’s a shame because bullshit aside he’s a very good and watchable fighter.
Re: juice, he has moved up pretty well, looks thicker but not soft. I’d be interested to know his bodyfat percentages at the different weights

Deery

Dreary
Agree about Canelo’s fights being underwhelming for that reason. It’s a shame because bullshit aside he’s a very good and watchable fighter.
Re: juice, he has moved up pretty well, looks thicker but not soft. I’d be interested to know his bodyfat percentages at the different weights
Mexican beef is those percentages, I mean world champion light heavyweights like these guys aren’t fools it’s unheard off.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Mexican beef is those percentages, I mean world champion light heavyweights like these guys aren’t fools it’s unheard off.
I mean it’s suspicious he’s moved up snd gained ‘good’ weight so easily. If his bodyfat % has stayed similar it’s a good indicator of gear

Deery

Dreary
I mean it’s suspicious he’s moved up snd gained ‘good’ weight so easily. If his bodyfat % has stayed similar it’s a good indicator of gear
He’s always looked ripped from his welterweight days up until now, just added some muscle.

Deery

Dreary
Don’t know about the rest of you guys but am actually pumped for this now...AND I’m going for Luke in a complete turnaround from my prediction.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Don’t know about the rest of you guys but am actually pumped for this now...AND I’m going for Luke in a complete turnaround from my prediction.
My iptv has inexplicably failed to pull through on this....don’t suppose you have a river perchance?

Deery

Dreary
My iptv has inexplicably failed to pull through on this....don’t suppose you have a river perchance?
Go to UK Events should be fine..

Might be under a different name like Tyson but still working

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That was some body shot. Impressed by how he responded to the knock-down.

The commentators were worse than Sky. That’s saying something.

Deery

Dreary
Great shot, but I think covid played apart Campbell didn’t want to be there when he was up in the fight imo

Holocene

Hell of a body shot. I had to mute my TV, those commentators were dire. I never want to hear someone be called a pretty boy ever again.

Inter Yer Nan

He’s 100% juiced. He’s already been caught and since then added more muscle and gotten better at 29/30? 100% on the gear.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm a big Canelo fan but I knew he didn't have a chance vs Mayweather. There's no conspiracy, he was just that good. Canelo probably weighed significantly more on the night too, i would imagine.

Deery

Dreary
I'm a big Canelo fan but I knew he didn't have a chance vs Mayweather. There's no conspiracy, he was just that good. Canelo probably weighed significantly more on the night too, i would imagine.
It just doesn’t add up for me for somebody to be able to walk through opponents naturally a lot bigger than them and knock them spark out when he wasn’t doing it at lower weights. It’s like he’s invincible.

cyberman

Well he did get busted.
Now he knows everybody wants the Canelo money so everybody accepts his fight.
He now offers fights to fighters with 4 weeks notice. Theory goes, its to get around drug testing and be off the cycle when testing begins.

Deery

Dreary
Well he did get busted.
Now he knows everybody wants the Canelo money so everybody accepts his fight.
He now offers fights to fighters with 4 weeks notice. Theory goes, its to get around drug testing and be off the cycle when testing begins.
Yep, it’s so corrupt he’s already been on the Mexican Beef, but it’s becoming so obvious now something is up.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It just doesn’t add up for me for somebody to be able to walk through opponents naturally a lot bigger than them and knock them spark out when he wasn’t doing it at lower weights. It’s like he’s invincible.
I honestly just believe Mayweather was that good. He had an unbelievable defensive game. Canelo is one of the top fighters but Floyd was just a once in a generation. Like the difference in class between Canelo and the rest is the same difference in class between him and Floyd.

Deery

Dreary
I honestly just believe Mayweather was that good. He had an unbelievable defensive game. Canelo is one of the top fighters but Floyd was just a once in a generation. Like the difference in class between Canelo and the rest is the same difference in class between him and Floyd.
Aw I understand that Floyd was an ATG, but he probably wasn’t juicing back then like he supposedly is now. It just seems strange that you can jump up the weights like that and be knocking out world champions so easily.

Kazi

Aw I understand that Floyd was an ATG, but he probably wasn’t juicing back then like he supposedly is now. It just seems strange that you can jump up the weights like that and be knocking out world champions so easily.
Let’s be honest, the better you get, the bigger you get, the better the juice gets. Everyone’s on it, but I’m pretty sure Canelo’s getting that goooood shit, with Joshua not too far behind.

Probably still not as good as those special shakes Ariza was making for Manny though.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Showing on BBC1 on 1st February:

Boxing and the Mob - Panorama

“After a leading trainer shot and badly wounded, a former boxer executed in broad daylight, and a gangland killing at a weigh-in for a European title fight, there is evidence that organised crime is involved in professional boxing. Darragh MacIntyre investigates the murky world behind the glamour of the big fights and the suspected gangster who has been welcomed to boxing's top table. Daniel Kinahan has been named in the courts as the head of one of Europe's biggest drug cartels. So how did he become involved in setting up the fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world?”

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/m64268/panorama--boxing-and-the-mob---panorama/

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Showing on BBC1 on 1st February:

Boxing and the Mob - Panorama

“After a leading trainer shot and badly wounded, a former boxer executed in broad daylight, and a gangland killing at a weigh-in for a European title fight, there is evidence that organised crime is involved in professional boxing. Darragh MacIntyre investigates the murky world behind the glamour of the big fights and the suspected gangster who has been welcomed to boxing's top table. Daniel Kinahan has been named in the courts as the head of one of Europe's biggest drug cartels. So how did he become involved in setting up the fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world?”

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/m64268/panorama--boxing-and-the-mob---panorama/
Sounds both fascinating and somewhat unsurprising!

Deery

Dreary
Sounds both fascinating and somewhat unsurprising!
Yeah Daniel Kinahan is Irish he owns MTK global, signed a lot of boxers in recent years including Tyson Fury a very bad man by all accounts involved in many murders in Dublin and drug dealing on a massive scale. A gang attacked a weigh in a few years ago with AK47’s, it’s amazing that he’s allowed to be involved in boxing at all never mind a key player.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah Daniel Kinahan is Irish he owns MTK global, signed a lot of boxers in recent years including Tyson Fury a very bad man by all accounts involved in many murders in Dublin and drug dealing on a massive scale. A gang attacked a weigh in a few years ago with AK47’s, it’s amazing that he’s allowed to be involved in boxing at all never mind a key player.
Hopefully this is the last year of his freedom.