The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Grib

ref did him a turn by not stopping it after the knock down, eyes were fecked no one in

to be fair did well not to go down again

Deery

Dreary
Josh showed a great heart but boy that Lara can bang, turned up and went for the win, great performance.

tyunited

Ref and corner did Warrington no favours that fight should have been stopped in the 4th. That could have effectively ended his career.

SambaBoy

Warrington's style was always going to catch up with him, surprising it was tonight. That Lara will probably be one of those who come out of nowhere and win a world title further down the line.

Oggmonster

Ref and corner did Warrington no favours that fight should have been stopped in the 4th. That could have effectively ended his career.
Yeah definitely. Hard to come back from that really, rather be arguing about a potentially early stoppage than what happened. He's not fought in 16 months realistically he'll need another 6 months now.

Warrington's style was always going to catch up with him, surprising it was tonight. That Lara will probably be one of those who come out of nowhere and win a world title further down the line.
Possibly, he didn't particularly look that level though I don't think, it was all really predictable. Whilst he had a lot of power and could take a punch (albeit listening to some podcasts people who have been in with Warrington say he's not a big hitter.) I don't think he's world level, his movement in particular was painfully slow at times.

SambaBoy

Yeah definitely. Hard to come back from that really, rather be arguing about a potentially early stoppage than what happened. He's not fought in 16 months realistically he'll need another 6 months now.

Possibly, he didn't particularly look that level though I don't think, it was all really predictable. Whilst he had a lot of power and could take a punch (albeit listening to some podcasts people who have been in with Warrington say he's not a big hitter.) I don't think he's world level, his movement in particular was painfully slow at times.
Yeah Warrington is all about volume, his KO record is quite shocking. I think that power will be dangerous especially in thatt division.

G-manc

Josh Kelly fighting for the European this weekend. He needs to kick on now after drifting the last few years cos he's got loads of ability.

The Conor Benn fight is an easy sell if he gets past Avanesyan.

Inter Yer Nan

Josh Kelly fighting for the European this weekend. He needs to kick on now after drifting the last few years cos he's got loads of ability.

The Conor Benn fight is an easy sell if he gets past Avanesyan.
Yeah, I was pretty high on him a while back. Felt he carried his hands low, relied on reflexes but obviously has raw talent, but I was a bit underwhelmed the last few times I saw him.

Deery

Dreary
Decent card this, Robbie Davis Jr up now...

Betting on Charlton and Kelly both to win tonight.

Charlton impressed me the last time I saw him and think it’s do or die for Kelly so hopefully he gets a points win.

Deery

Dreary
Can't see him doing much against anyone half decent.

Adam Smith plugging that netball was great "can't wait for this one" course course can't adam...
I laughed at that too.

Yeah as Benn said he just got knocked down by a light welterweight anybody at welterweight would beat him.