The RedCafe Boxing Thread

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
He'll wipe the floor with him. None of these lot have what it takes to best Fury.
I hope Fury truly feels the same way. We might get to see him in the fights we want to see then!

I suspect he's the best heavy in the world. It's time he proved it.

SuperiorXI

Fury would batter Usyk, AJ and Joe Joyce together in the same night

Him battering a washed up Chisora doesn't change the fact he is an animal of a heavyweight. A great fighter.

M15 Red.

Del's corner shoulda pulled him out after 8. Joke card. Usyk has to be next for Fury. Not AJ. Not Joyce. Not Wilder 7. Not the McDermott trilogy. Fury is arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time. Usyk is arguably the greatest cruiser. Only one fight to make.

Bondi77

Surely not Wilder again?
Didn't Tyson say something like 'Wilder was a good dance partner but now that's over'
Usyk and then AJ is all there is for Tyson now.

Judas

Open to offers
They wont fight him but everybody goes on about how it's the other way around. He looked to fight AJ for 6 years and for 6 years AJ ran.
Comparing who both have fought, I still don't see how people think AJ was the one doing the running, apart from this most recent proposed fight, that sounds like it was on AJ/Hern. Fury hasn't fought anywhere near the quality of AJ.

and I don't get it because I think Fury would win quite comfortably.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Comparing who both have fought, I still don't see how people think AJ was the one doing the running, apart from this most recent proposed fight, that sounds like it was on AJ/Hern. Fury hasn't fought anywhere near the quality of AJ.

Wasn't the most recent one on Fury? Aj agreed to a lower pay packet, shorter build up, even after getting his arse kicked. Fury then set silly deadlines when there was lots of work to do due to contract commitments.

Might be wrong though but that's how I read it, probably both of their faults.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Wasn't the most recent one on Fury? Aj agreed to a lower pay packet, shorter build up, even after getting his arse kicked. Fury then set silly deadlines when there was lots of work to do due to contract commitments.

Might be wrong though but that's how I read it, probably both of their faults.
Actually forgot about all the silly deadline guff from Fury :lol: not sure how much of that was real or just for attention/show. Blokes made himself look like an absolute prat last few months.

JP77

Atmosphere inside the stadium was insane even if it was an absolute battering. Fury is just on another level.

If I’m being honest I would rather see him fight Joyce, I think that’s the hardest fight for Fury out there with the way Joyce is currently fighting. Usyk is a quality fighter but I think the size difference plays massively into the hands of Fury.

Will just be a huge shame if they do either of those fights in Saudi or the Joshua fight over there. The atmosphere was incredible last night despite the card and one sided main event.

flameinthesun

Surprised at the comments suggesting Fury will try and duck Usyk. I'd think if anything he's shown through his career he's one of the few boxers who doesn't seem to duck others.

Dan_F

Del's corner shoulda pulled him out after 8. Joke card. Usyk has to be next for Fury. Not AJ. Not Joyce. Not Wilder 7. Not the McDermott trilogy. Fury is arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time. Usyk is arguably the greatest cruiser. Only one fight to make.
Arguably is definitely one way of describing that statement.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Surprised at the comments suggesting Fury will try and duck Usyk. I'd think if anything he's shown through his career he's one of the few boxers who doesn't seem to duck others.
That's a interesting claim. Check out his resume and see how many top 10 ranked fighters he's fought. The difference between him and joshua, in that regard, is night and day.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton

Exactly this.

Fury is obsessed with not losing. That's why he's so picky.

I would love to hear that argument.

Doracle

I think Fury has done his reputation a lot of damage with the ridiculous deadlines for the AJ fight (he clearly had no intention of making that fight in my view) and rolling out Chisora for a PPV sparring session. Hope we will see the big heavyweight fights in 2023 but not optimistic.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think Fury is the best we/I have ever seen but he really needs an Usyk fight to solidify that and stand amongst the other greats. Until now he still has the ? hanging over him purely because he's not beaten enough of the top top guys in the division. He passes the eye test, he just needs that one big fight to cement it.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I don't know how you can say that with confidence when Fury hasn't faced someone who fights with Usyks tempo and angles. One man is distracted by playing games, the other is a man solely focused on being the greatest and fighting the best away from home.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Yeah, Usyk might be an even better boxer, but the difference in reach, size and weight is just too much for even Usyk.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Fury would batter Usyk, AJ and Joe Joyce together in the same night

Him battering a washed up Chisora doesn't change the fact he is an animal of a heavyweight. A great fighter.
Amen. He has so many more gears to go through than we've seen. Imagine him with a true test, in a war where he really has to concentrate and give 100%. This has just been too easy for him for a long time, since he schooled Wlad.

JP77

That's a interesting claim. Check out his resume and see how many top 10 ranked fighters he's fought. The difference between him and joshua, in that regard, is night and day.
Probably because Fury had a three year break where he was suicidal and not boxing and even then there's really not much at all between who the two have fought. Fury beat Klitschko when he was dominant in his own back yard, Joshua fed on the scraps afterwards at home.

Who are the other huge names that Joshua has fought to create this night and day resume? 40 year old Povetkin? 39 year old Pulev? Lost to Ruiz and recovered for the rematch but nobody had Ruiz as a top heavyweight when they originally fought which is why it was such a huge shock. Lost both fights to Usyk. There's really not a night and day difference between the two and Fury would likely have a better resume had he not fallen off of the wagon for three or so years.

I don't know how you can say that with confidence when Fury hasn't faced someone who fights with Usyks tempo and angles. One man is distracted by playing games, the other is a man solely focused on being the greatest and fighting the best away from home.
This is the same Fury that fought Wlad in Germany and Wilder three times in America. In fact Fury has only fought three times in England in his last 10 fights.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Probably because Fury had a three year break where he was suicidal and not boxing and even then there's really not much at all between who the two have fought. Fury beat Klitschko when he was dominant in his own back yard, Joshua fed on the scraps afterwards at home.

Who are the other huge names that Joshua has fought to create this night and day resume? 40 year old Povetkin? 39 year old Pulev? Lost to Ruiz and recovered for the rematch but nobody had Ruiz as a top heavyweight when they originally fought which is why it was such a huge shock. Lost both fights to Usyk. There's really not a night and day difference between the two and Fury would likely have a better resume had he not fallen off of the wagon for three or so years.

This is the same Fury that fought Wlad in Germany and Wilder three times in America. In fact Fury has only fought three times in England in his last 10 fights.
Here is Fury's good wins -wilder, Klitschko and whyte. That's it. It's a ridiculously short list for someone who is (rightly) considered the best in the world. Joshua fought nothing but top 10 since he won the belt. Yes, lost some, but at least the competition is high. Fury imo is scared of losing his 0, which is why he's very careful with his match making. It's his downfall. All of the greats have lost sometime.

I'll give fury all the credit in the world if he beats either usyk, Joshua or ruiz. I just hope next year is finally the year he starts taking those type of fights.

M15 Red.

Wait, do you actually believe he’s the greatest ever? Better than Mike Tyson? Better than Lennox Lewis? That’s just the relatively recent past and ignoring the historic legends.
No. Certainly not in terms of title defences, quality of opposition etc. But I do think he can match up against any heavyweight in history and have a fair chance of beating them.

phelans shorts

Fury fans can see no other
In an actual match he’d probably stand a decent chance against Mike Tyson purely for size, but if he got inside then Fury would probably be down fairly quickly with that strength and speed.

Lewis however has both the size to match up and was absolutely rapid, an absolute freak of nature.

Parma Dewol

How does Mike Tyson still get brought up in the greatest HW ever conversations :lol:
Some of us are no doubt biased because he was just so incredibly exciting to watch. Remember staying up late in awe - always felt he was going to explode with ferocity and knock the other fella out.

As a spectacle he was brilliant. Perhaps even more so given the state of some of these fights today. Current heavyweights have many great attributes, but the sport is really lacking in excitement - Tyson brought that in abundance.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I definitely admire Fury in those wins. I'd actually put those wins as possibly the greatest performances by a British fighter abroad of all time. But it's not comparable to Usyk who went on a rampage and unified a division in his first 15 professional fights on the road. And then stepped up and beat a top 3 Heavyweight in AJ back to back convincingly.

Fury has a lot of distractions in his head, he's his own worst enemy, I've always been of a mind that the only person to beat Tyson Fury, is Tyson Fury. Where as I look across the ring to Usyk, and I see a determined machine who is hungry to cement legacy and work hard. I can't wait to see them in the ring, I hope it happens.

phelans shorts

Some of us are no doubt biased because he was just so incredibly exciting to watch. Remember staying up late in awe - always felt he was going to explode with ferocity and knock the other fella out.

As a spectacle he was brilliant. Perhaps even more so given the state of some of these fights today. Current heavyweights have many great attributes, but the sport is really lacking in excitement - Tyson brought that in abundance.
Yeah it’s very much rose tinted with regards to Mike I’ll admit. That power and speed flying in tandem was mesmeric.

poleglass red

I don't get how people can say Fury is scared of AJ .He fought Wilder, took his hardest shots and got back up, AJ doesn't hit as hard as Wilder.We saw in that last fight with Uysk, he had one good round where he threw some punches and he was gassed and then lost the remaining rounds. I don't see how Fury is scared of losing, he took 3 years off , came back and had 2 warm up fights then fought a man who many were saying at that time was hardest hitting heavyweight of all time. There is frustration the AJ fight was never made, but I'd much rather see him fight Uysk and Joyce than AJ anyway

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I don't get how people can say Fury is scared of AJ .He fought Wilder, took his hardest shots and got back up, AJ doesn't hit as hard as Wilder.We saw in that last fight with Uysk, he had one good round where he threw some punches and he was gassed and then lost the remaining rounds. I don't see how Fury is scared of losing, he took 3 years off , came back and had 2 warm up fights then fought a man who many were saying at that time was hardest hitting heavyweight of all time. There is frustration the AJ fight was never made, but I'd much rather see him fight Uysk and Joyce than AJ anyway
I think Fury genuinely does not like AJ and he does not want to hand him a big payday if there are other options on the table for Fury