The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
Dont see Usyk being complacent for this but im interested to see how he gets on. He is 36 now, those camps are getting harder and he is going to start slowing down a bit. Those championship rounds where he goes into overdrive are going to be harder to maintain. Im sure fury will be looking for signs aswell.

Cant see Dubois pulling an upset but you never know i guess. Rooting for Usyk though, special talent.

Habs

Yep, Dubois should’ve won the fight with that. Big error by the ref

Dan_F

Load of arse gravy being spouted about Dubois being robbed. There's no way Usyk stays down for 10 there if the ref started counting.
No, but he would have had to continue fighting for a full round.

JP77

Load of arse gravy being spouted about Dubois being robbed. There's no way Usyk stays down for 10 there if the ref started counting.
Had three or four minutes to recover which he should never have had. Absolutely terrible from the referee and pretty shit from Usyk pretending it was a low blow.

JP77

Robbery but not a surprise. Good boxer but certainly one of the most overrated the heavyweight division has seen in a long time imo. He’s taken all of the right match ups so far at Heavyweight, very smart.

Dan_F

They certainly don’t want to show a replay of the low blow do they. Think we only saw it once.

Lovely right hand to finish it though.

Kazi

Usyk probably would’ve got up if the ref counted but the rest of the round would’ve been interesting.. Dubois can feel robbed

Dubois was knackered by the end and wanted no more

Also Fury dominates Usyk

tyunited

He's sat there talking to the referee, not curled up in the recovery position. If the 'controversy' leads to another fight, sign me up for that.
For 5 mins... You try talking to someone after getting hit in the balls.

Abraxas

Extremely poor reffing. Who knows what would have happened there, can't say DD would have definitely won but it's clear Usyk felt that and it was on the belt, and also clear he had a strategy from the first bell to point to the ref any time body shots went in.

Disappointing that DD does seem to have a bit have quit in him. He did really well technically tonight. Just ran out of steam and I think confidence he could then land the required shot so he lost heart as a result.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Robbery but not a surprise. Good boxer but certainly one of the most overrated the heavyweight division has seen in a long time imo. He’s taken all of the right match ups so far at Heavyweight, very smart.
I think it shows the lack of talent at HW. And what a joke AJ was. How Usyk is parading around the HW division is an embarrassment really. Great fighter, but he isn't a HW.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
you plebs still watching boxing like it’s not all part of a big marketing show. dubois wining never made sense, so it didn’t happen. they’re chasing that saudi money now and need narratives and stories to sell. dubois doesn’t do that yet.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I missed this. Dubois KO'd Usyk?? Just seen the punch, if that's a low blow then his cock must be fully erect and 15inches long.