The RedCafe Boxing Thread

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
TNT Sports lost its mind. Usyk took the time the ref allocated to him. Don’t think it was a low blow, but that doesn’t mean Usyk wouldn’t have otherwise continued if he had to.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Unless your bollocks are at elbow height then he's just got fecked from a body shot. What's worse is he was visibly shaking from it.
Think he is finished soon. Fury is so smart he will take him out if they do it in January.

Dobba

You think Fury is scared of Usyk? :lol: He'll fight Klitschko, Wilder and other fighters that can genuinely hurt him, but not some blown up cruiser?
Why doesn't he fight him then? For an apparent piss easy fight for all the belts, a shit ton of money and retiring with an Undisputed reign on the CV he doesn't half come up with excuses when it's go time.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You think Fury is scared of Usyk? :lol: He'll fight Klitschko, Wilder and other fighters that can genuinely hurt him, but not some blown up cruiser?
Like most boxers, Fury will be advised to maximise profit whilst minimising risk. If it was about sport they’d have fought already.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Extremely poor reffing. Who knows what would have happened there, can't say DD would have definitely won but it's clear Usyk felt that and it was on the belt, and also clear he had a strategy from the first bell to point to the ref any time body shots went in.

Disappointing that DD does seem to have a bit have quit in him. He did really well technically tonight. Just ran out of steam and I think confidence he could then land the required shot so he lost heart as a result.
So frustrating because he did so much better than I was expecting him to. He actually caused Usyk major problems, then just as you could actually see him having a chance, he tailed off and gave up

The Cat

Technically both very good. The problem for Usyk is that Fury is a man mountain with the same technical prowess and more power. Only one outcome. Like they say, a good big man beats a good smaller man.
I think Usyk is excellent but he's showing signs of being over the hill for me. Fury wins all day if he's switched on. Am tired though of these super fights being avoided and Fury takes his full share of blame there. He's just clever and gonna get a huge Saudi payday in January.

The Cat

Why doesn't he fight him then? For an apparent piss easy fight for all the belts, a shit ton of money and retiring with an Undisputed reign on the CV he doesn't half come up with excuses when it's go time.
Please see the previous answer - it is spot on.

Dobba

How do you know he doesn't want to?
Look at the last bunch of negotiations. Usyk accepted the 30/70 purse for a Wembley fight only for Fury to come up with some absolute shite about any rematch (including one where he's the challenger) being at best a 50/50 split.

Fury knew no boxer on the fecking planet is walking into an Undisputed title defence for half the purse.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think Usyk is excellent but he's showing signs of being over the hill for me. Fury wins all day if he's switched on. Am tired though of these super fights being avoided and Fury takes his full share of blame there. He's just clever and gonna get a huge Saudi payday in January.
If that's the case, what's the problem? Usyk gets a pay day too. I think it goes without saying that the money average business side has been a major factor for many years. If there's a reason Fury wouldn't have took the fight already, my guess would be money.

Perhaps Usyk is the problem and he's looking for money? Who knows. Just makes me laugh that Fury gets the blame.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksp...ry-not-fight-oleksandr-usyk-game-changer/amp/

The Cat

If there's a reason Fury wouldn't have took the fight already, my guess would be money.
Fury is after the January payday from Saudi - 100 mill instead of 20. It really is as simple as that and why the fight is so long in the making.

Withnail

During the fight and up until they interviewed Dubois, it was only shown once on my feed.
Fair enough. My stream is ESPN and they showed it a few times. They also showed it on the big screen there during the interview with Dubois so they don't seem to be trying to hide anything.

pocco

loco
Fury is after the January payday from Saudi - 100 mill instead of 20. It really is as simple as that and why the fight is so long in the making.
Fair enough if so. Warren claims it's actually Usyk that wants the payday. I don't know the actual reason or who is to blame (we're all just guessing or choosing whose story to believe), and it doesn't really matter to me because I'm of the belief that these guys should get as much as they can for what they do.

LDUred

That was not a low blow. That was absolutely perfect. Usyk is so lucky to get away with that. Contact is more or less on his naval.

m1tch

Shame that Dubois didn't have the conditioning to win this fight, but he was in with one of the best in the regard. I thought the coverage was very pro-Usyk, Dubious was having more success than was being highlighted with body shots that were clearly hurting him.

Dubious could possibly pick up a title in a few years but he definitely needs to increase his stamina in my opinion.

lsd

The Oracle
Unless your bollocks are at elbow height then he's just got fecked from a body shot. What's worse is he was visibly shaking from it.

A low blow doesn't mean your bollocks. It's below your belly button or waist and that was probably below.

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If that's a low blow then so was Andre Ward vs Kovalev who everyone at the time said was legal.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought it looked low. Anyway, Usyk is brilliant but he can only go so far at heavyweight. I don’t think he has a chance against Fury or even Wilder.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
It was definitely low. it wasn't Galota low but low none the less.

Still find it surprising so many still underestimate Usyk so much, the idea that Fury or any other heavyweight can just walk over him seems strange to me. Wilder is probably a worse match up for him than Fury

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
If that's a low blow then so was Andre Ward vs Kovalev who everyone at the time said was legal.
:lol:man that was totally a low blow. Ward was a renowned dirty fighter, damn effective at it though and cute enough not to get caught or keep it borderline.

Red_toad

I thought it looked low. Anyway, Usyk is brilliant but he can only go so far at heavyweight. I don’t think he has a chance against Fury or even Wilder.
I think he'd play with Wilder like a cat does with it's prey. Wilder is such a limited boxer, Usyk would run around him for 12 rounds and win on points.

pocco

loco
Legacy? The other 3 (or is it 4) titles?
Think he's only interested for the right money now isn't he. He'll forever and a day be challenged by the next guy and the next guy.

Has anybody watched the Fury series on Netflix? It does open your eyes a bit to his state of mind. He's clearly not a well guy mentally and his bipolar seems pretty bad, I know people with bipolar and he seems a lot worse with it. Think he probably struggles not having medication to 'level him out' a bit. It does show you though how up and down he is, seems in turmoil in his head half the time.

G-manc

I think you’ve got to question how Dubois dipped out this time. He essentially stayed down from a jab.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
There should be a ref check that the naval is showing prior to fight. Ridiculous how high the shorts looked

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I think you’ve got to question how Dubois dipped out this time. He essentially stayed down from a jab.
Yeah he quit on this one, galling considering he’d crafted himself a massive opportunity for a huge upset, but you could see on his face he no longer fancied it in the deep waters.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Classic British media making something major out of something minor. Making it out it was hugely controversial.
Usyk won every round other than the one he got bodied in the crotch.