The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Baneofthegame

If that's a low blow then so was Andre Ward vs Kovalev who everyone at the time said was legal.
No one on earth barring André award thought that shot was legal.

It was a low blow unintentionally and yet again Dubois mentally checked out of a fight.

cyberman

Say what you want about the low blow but Dubois getting body shots away and the ref jumping in to stop them and say no, it’s a legal shot to Usyk about 5 different times was a bit of a mind feck.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not a low blow for me, straight in the belly button for my eyes.

Also there is no chance in hell that gets called low if it's the other way around.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
If the ref had actually started a full count against Usyk does anyone think he would of actually not got back? He would of and im fairly confident dubois couldn't of finished him and in the next round he would've done exactly what he does everytime he gets rattled.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
It wasn’t low, but I think Usyk would have got back up before the count of 10. A rematch is the fair outcome.

Habs

There’s no way he was getting back up and winning that fight, even after a good 3 minutes to recover he looked gone. He didn’t even fully recover for the next 3 rounds!

James_42

The ref seemed desperate to protect Usyk at all times, was very odd.

Usyk is too good to need the refs on his side as well, every time he was hit to the body he looked to the ref and then Dubois would get warned.

At the time I didn't think the shot in the 5th round was a low blow and still think that way, feel like Usyk won the fight comfortably but other fighters will think they have a better chance at beating him now, he definitely did not look unbeatable.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’ve just realised…..Dubois caused Usyk more problems by a long way than AJ did in two fights.

StuCol

Chimp
So I bumped into a guy at a chicken shop near Huddersfield tonight. Thought I recognised him straight away. Must be famous. Was sure I knew who it was. Racked my brains and came up with a name. Second guessed myself wondering what this guy would be doing in this part of the world today. Then a guy in the shop got a selfie with him. I was convinced. He came out of the shop where I had just ordered outside (this chicken shop is great and the queue is always out the door) . Plucked up the courage and asked ‘is it Hasselbaink?’
‘No’. Replied Johnny Nelson.
Kill me now

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
So I bumped into a guy at a chicken shop near Huddersfield tonight. Thought I recognised him straight away. Must be famous. Was sure I knew who it was. Racked my brains and came up with a name. Second guessed myself wondering what this guy would be doing in this part of the world today. Then a guy in the shop got a selfie with him. I was convinced. He came out of the shop where I had just ordered outside (this chicken shop is great and the queue is always out the door) . Plucked up the courage and asked ‘is it Hasselbaink?’
Kill me now
:lol:

Apokalips

Kill me now
:lol: :lol: ahhh mate!

Glorio

Azim's fight seems to be going great from reading the updates.

Anyways, unrelated - a swim in a moving body of water wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if someone can point me in the right direction

F-Red

Is Smith injured ? what are these tactics.
It's bizarre to watch, I think he's trying to tire out Eubank and then go in the later rounds. However the last few rounds has been one way traffic from Eubank.

JP77

Eubank has battered him. I think it’s showing that he got complacent in the first fight and took Smith too lightly which cost him in the first fight.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Pathetic performance from Smith, unless there’s something wrong with him we don’t know about.

Not buying that it’s in his ankles, he literally threw feck all from the opening bell

SuperiorXI

Pathetic performance from Smith, unless there’s something wrong with him we don’t know about.

Not buying that it’s in his ankles, he literally threw feck all from the opening bell
I can only theorise that he was shocked by the quality of Eubank, couldn't keep up with him. No matter what you do if you're not at the level you get found out.

hodgey123

Smith threw absolutely nothing. Surely/maybe down to injury and not being able to power through the shots but Eubank dominated him from the first bell.

OverratedOpinion

Listening I couldn’t believe how Eubanks completely dominated, far be it from me to say boxing is corrupt but that was worse than seeing an odds on favourite at Royal Ascot getting beat by a 100-1 shot.
I just think the eye test has always told me that Smith is a B- fighter and Eubank is a B+

Eubank seems to have terrible professionalism and attitude problems and I honestly think he was being pretty honest about barely training for the first fight and got a wake up call. I think what his dad said about him was pretty much spot on.

T_Model101

Reminded me of Cotto Martinez where Sergio was completely and utterly finished but fought anyway

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Liam Smith didn't want to be in there from the start

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I just think the eye test has always told me that Smith is a B- fighter and Eubank is a B+

Eubank seems to have terrible professionalism and attitude problems and I honestly think he was being pretty honest about barely training for the first fight and got a wake up call. I think what his dad said about him was pretty much spot on.
Yeah I agree. Think Eubank had some skills and ability but held himself back most of his career with his attitude and things like that. He maybe could have been better but he is just a B level in the grand scheme.

What did his dad say about him?

PoTMS

Why are the Manchester crowd so pro-Smith? Eubank is a United fan.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Bingo. He took it seriously this time and was comprehensively the better fighter.

I thought Smith would at least start swinging when he was clearly a mile behind on points but he died on his arse rather than his sword