The RedCafe Boxing Thread

berbasloth4

Boxing being destroyed.
If YouTubers were to do it for charity like they used to for sport relief etc it wouldn’t be so bad, but it is pure scamming and robbing of money,

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
After tonight’s displays , YouTubers and the fury’s have broken boxing, turned it into nothing more than a circus act.
I do wonder how fury will be remembered in 50 years time. Drugs, PEDs, Kinehan, Saudis, YouTube circus, ducking….oh, and a couple of actual boxing matches on occasion

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Boxing being destroyed.
If YouTubers were to do it for charity like they used to for sport relief etc it wouldn’t be so bad, but it is pure scamming and robbing of money,
Boxing has been decaying for years anyway with all the different belts and being entirely money focused. The only reason they're not stepping in here, is they're waiting for it to be lucrative and people invest enough, so they can then turn around and say - yeah you need to come to us for a license.

Baneofthegame

Haha no, the one before the Danis-Logan fight. Two no-names(atleast for someone not into youtube) but both could box a bit
100%, the two main fights were a travesty, one of them came to be a cnut, the other apparently came to throw and clinch.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Boxing being destroyed.
The entire 'influencer' ( I hate that word) model is built on scamming people for personal profit sadly. I mean the spotlight on the midget with 8 million followers in the main event says it all!

The crossover was supposedly welcomed to bring a different type of fan to boxing...but these people have obsession-based fanfare who follow their every move. If KSI wakes up tomorrow and decides he's going to play Tennis and documents it, tennis racket sales will go through the roof.

For me, I have the memories of watching the legendary British boxers smash people up on ITV or Channel 5 for a few years before they were involved in PPV events. That made the cost of a PPV justifiable. As you say, these events now are a form of robbery, but there are people who are interested and parents of youngsters who will cave in to buying into it all.

predator

Youth NITK
Boxing being destroyed.
Boxing has been dead for a while in my opinion. Its probably the only sport where the best competitors do not always cross paths until they realise they will miss thr opportunity to make a fortune. Which other sport allows the competitors to pick and choose who they compete against? We've been denied so many great fights over the years because of disagreements over the purse etc. Pac and Floyd should have happened at least 4 years earlier than it did. Fury and Joshua should have happened already. Fury should be fighting Usyk instead of Ngannou on the 28th of October. Khan Brook was 5 years too late.

One of the many reasons why I've lost interest in the sport and have enjoyed UFC so much more. In UFC, if you are the best in a division then you have to fight the second best or you'll be violating your contract.

I'm expecting Fury to pull out of the Usyk fight and I think we will all see him and Joshua fight in about 8 years time.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Anyone seen the Tyson's reaction to the decision? Tells you everything you need to know.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
My social media feeds are hilarious this morning. So many people saying how it's a joke and how they're ruining boxing. All whilst paying to tune in and watch..

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It’s funny because the build up they’re like I’m gonna finish you before round 3. Tommy said KSI would be crawling out the ring :lol: All talk man.

TheLiverBird

Boxing being destroyed.
It’s certainly not Robbing

folks aren’t forced to pay to watch these guys :lol:

and Boxing thoroughly deserves this circus that’s latched onto its tail that is YouTube Boxing

The back door was left wide open with the shambles that is Boxing world and YouTubers stepped in too make a coin, or millions of coins should I say, can’t blame them if I’m honest

I don’t like YouTube Boxing, but they’ve Seen an opportunity and boy have the made the most of it, hats off I say, nobodies making millions per fight?? They’ve done something right!

hopefully the “real” boxers will jump on board the social media side of things giving themselves Better opportunities too gain themselves a larger audience

SteveCoppellFan

Think the people paying for this shit are the issue.
Ive said it many times, but evolution has started going backwards.

Who people look up to today as role models is quite staggering, never seen so many people with literally no talent making millions out of it.

Maybe that is their talent, act like complete b*ll ends and get well paid for it.

I've missed a trick somewhere.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
A draw was fair. I think KSI aimed for the knockout but the gameplan was to make sure that if he didn't get that he had enough to draw on points. I think he did enough, especially with deduction, to do that.

Fury should be embarrassed. He's a genuinely terrible boxer for his experience.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Can’t believe so many of you watched that.

:houllier:
Yep. This thread is more active for bum YouTube fights than Spence-Crawford.

Boxing certainly isn't dead when you look a the money that can still be made, but it sold it's soul that's for damn sure.

Irrational.

I swear you’d get more entertainment going out on a Saturday night and watching a brawl outside of a pub.

Utter joke - these grifters are scamming people, but fair play to them if they can convince those 10 and 11 year olds (and those with similar IQs) to part with their hard earned money.

Baneofthegame

A draw was fair. I think KSI aimed for the knockout but the gameplan was to make sure that if he didn't get that he had enough to draw on points. I think he did enough, especially with deduction, to do that.

Fury should be embarrassed. He's a genuinely terrible boxer for his experience.
While I agree Fury is not even a British level boxer, the deduction in my view was bs.

KSI’s game plan was basically throw a one two and hold for six rounds, it was pathetic, referee should of deducted him a point for holding by round 4 but chose to just ignore it until he gave him a warning in round 5 and then proceeded to do nothing about it after that.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
He landed the best punch in the 2nd round as well. And was competitive in the clinch vs a much bigger man.
Personally thought Fury won every round from 2-6 (9-9 in round 2 then because of the deduction) while being very poor himself.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
While I agree Fury is not even a British level boxer, the deduction in my view was bs.

KSI’s game plan was basically throw a one two and hold for six rounds, it was pathetic, referee should of deducted him a point for holding by round 4 but chose to just ignore it until he gave him a warning in round 5 and then proceeded to do nothing about it after that.
Of course. The only chance he had of winning was a big punch as he's not a boxer at all. Fury is piss poor for a 'pro'.

Let's not also forget that there was no rehydration clause either. The natural weight for KSI is lower so for Fury to have been taken so close is an embarrassment for him.

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Was is everyone complaining about the clinching. They were atleast exchanging in the pocket. Its part of the sport. Stop bloody moaning.

Baneofthegame

Of course. The only chance he had of winning was a big punch as he's not a boxer at all. Fury is piss poor for a 'pro'.

Let's not also forget that there was no rehydration clause either. The natural weight for KSI is lower so for Fury to have been taken so close is an embarrassment for him.
Absolutely, Fury isn’t going to make it anywhere as a pro, he’s probably made his career money from these two fights.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Absolutely, Fury isn’t going to make it anywhere as a pro, he’s probably made his career money from these two fights.
Can't remember whether I listened to it on 5 live or talksport but he did an interview and said basically he had two choices... Go the traditional route and fight in front of a few hundred fans for a few thousand quid and work his way up, or fight these YouTubers for seven figures. What would you do if you had very little boxing skill? Get your face caved in for £100,000 or pocket a relatively risk free million?

Skills

Snitch

He has no knockout power. The few times he managed to catch Fury with one of his wild swings, didn't faze or bother Fury at all.

R0nald0

Under a rug on top of a mountain under the stars.
Don't understand the annoyance with this. It's not REALLY boxing. It's as close to boxing as WWE is to wrestling. But who cares, if there is an audience for it then let them all crack on. Nobody is being robbed, the crowd seemed to lap it all up and the competitors made good money for what is amateur boxing at best.

Best part of the night was the Fury in ring interview "there will never be another Tyson Fury, I'm just trying to be the best Tommy Fury I can be". Fair play to him, making money for him and his family.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He has no knockout power. The few times he managed to catch Fury with one of his wild swings, didn't faze or bother Fury at all.
Because they're not the same weight class. Fury is the division above KSI realistically and KSI is a YouTuber that took up boxing a few years ago. Fury has been fighting since he was a kid.

Baneofthegame

Can't remember whether I listened to it on 5 live or talksport but he did an interview and said basically he had two choices... Go the traditional route and fight in front of a few hundred fans for a few thousand quid and work his way up, or fight these YouTubers for seven figures. What would you do if you had very little boxing skill? Get your face caved in for £100,000 or pocket a relatively risk free million?
I’m not holding it against him, but originally before he did love island etc. he claimed he was going to be a world champion and so on.

Which simply isn’t true and like I said, he’s made his career money from these two fights, so well done to him.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't quite understand how he can come from a family of boxing gypsies and be so bad at it. His brother is categorically one of the most skilled on the planet and yet he can't even box to a pro level? That's an extremely low bar relative to the training and family he's coming from.

Baby Benn, baby Eubank, baby Hatton all at least made the bar. His own family make it the most damning, though and I don't get how he can come from that stock and literally be a YouTube boxer standard.

These fights are blessings for him to be fair: he's making far more money than he ever would toughing it as a rank climber, and for a literal fraction of the damage and health concerns. He should be offering KSI a rematch and hamming the robbed angle to the utmost to fire up KSI's following and see if they'll be stupid enough to pay for the privilege of watching them go at it again under a justice/revenge arc. It's his only realistic hope of making anything like this amount of money again in boxing; with that performance, he's a reality star putting on gloves, just like his opponents; the pro angle has gone for him now.

I don't think this stuff tarnishes boxing. The only damage done is to Tommy's own career and reputation, and it's him who risks being jettisoned and exiled. These freakshow bouts were undertaken by Ali himself, with zero harm to his standing. It's the boxers with everything to lose, should they be defeated. Boxing itself remains untarnished: you either show that you represent what being a superior pugilist is, or you're no longer able to call yourself a pro without being seen as a joke, should you be troubled under the Queensbury rules that should leave the non-pro floundering.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Thinking about Fury vs KSI, Paul etc. I think the reason he looks so bad compared to them too is that they actually care about boxing. I sometimes feel like Fury doesn't care as much as he lets on about it but feels like the pressure of being part of that family means he's got to push through it.

SteveCoppellFan

Thinking about Fury vs KSI, Paul etc. I think the reason he looks so bad compared to them too is that they actually care about boxing. I sometimes feel like Fury doesn't care as much as he lets on about it but feels like the pressure of being part of that family means he's got to push through it.
I do not mind what Fury is doing here, he's being offered fights vrs complete amateurs for very good money so why not take it ?

He's basically a novice himself tbh even though he keeps saying he's a professional fighter, I think its fair to say his professional boxing career will not amount to much because he has way too many distractions outside of the ring to fully commit to a life of a professional fighter.

I think he is a better fighter than what he has shown in these last 2 fights but the huge pressure he must be under to win these fights is having an effect.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I do not mind what Fury is doing here, he's being offered fights vrs complete amateurs for very good money so why not take it ?

He's basically a novice himself tbh even though he keeps saying he's a professional fighter, I think its fair to say his professional boxing career will not amount to much because he has way too many distractions outside of the ring to fully commit to a life of a professional fighter.

I think he is a better fighter than what he has shown in these last 2 fights but the huge pressure he must be under to win these fights is having an effect.
He's looked wank against absolute no marks aswell. The pressure stuff doesn't cut it for me, I just don't think he has the passion and drive in him that boxing is everything like Tyson. He wouldn't have gone on Love Island and be involved in all the other stuff.

JP77

He's looked wank against absolute no marks aswell. The pressure stuff doesn't cut it for me, I just don't think he has the passion and drive in him that boxing is everything like Tyson. He wouldn't have gone on Love Island and be involved in all the other stuff.
Probably not but it's well known he does struggle under the pressure. His dad and brother have both been saying it for years, way before he even started fighting against people from youtube. I don't think he's a very good fighter but definitely think the pressure in these two fights have effected his performances. It's probably what will stop him from ever being a good fighter too, some people just mentally struggle with it and I think that's what we are seeing with him. It was happening before these fights because he had the Fury name which came with massive pressure and a huge spotlight. Hopefully he makes as much money as he can from it all.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Probably not but it's well known he does struggle under the pressure. His dad and brother have both been saying it for years, way before he even started fighting against people from youtube. I don't think he's a very good fighter but definitely think the pressure in these two fights have effected his performances. It's probably what will stop him from ever being a good fighter too, some people just mentally struggle with it and I think that's what we are seeing with him. It was happening before these fights because he had the Fury name which came with massive pressure and a huge spotlight. Hopefully he makes as much money as he can from it all.
I think he's just crap and so do most fighting professionals.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I think he's just crap and so do most fighting professionals.
He’s very crap but I feel weirdly sorry for him. He’s got the Fury name but all the ability just passed him by :lol:
That said, I’m not invested in this scene and it may be that he’s a cnut undeserving of sympathy