The RedCafe Cricket Drafts | Discussions, Ideas etc..

Mani

So as of now the confirmed participants

1. Harshad
2. Boycott
3. NM/Prath
4. Akash
5. Anant (prefers a partner)
6. The Red Viper
7. Mani/ @Ijazz17
8. Skills
9. RDCR07
10. Interval
11.RedTiger

Come on guys. Take part. It's a fun thing to do.
I think its time to start new thread @Varun

prath92

Yeah if @NM is fine, I'll go solo to fill the numbers. Maybe ijazz can do so too. So that's 2 more. Then you and crappy can join it will be 15.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How about we rather reduce the teams to 8? Just merge a few teams?

Varun

Staff
The draft was just 1 manager short last time and I stepped in. Tbh, I prefer footy drafts more as I stopped following cricket seriously some years back. If you are really in need of managers, can step in....
Going to keep it simple with a snake draft so it won't require too much time.

Thinking of a 3 player limit per country though to make it a bit interesting.

NM

I can do it. Team with Prath or go solo. We need to have a time limit or we will be arguing how Jack Hobbs was better than Len Hutton or WG Grace.

EDIT: Seriously - an all time test draft will be boring as we just use stats. IF it's all time I'd only play with Prath as I can't be bothered to argue about players I've never seen

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I dont have the time to go solo. Either I pair with someone or I can't do this. Way too much on my plate right now.

Varun

Staff
@Varun why don't you join him? Anyway it's snake draft know
No time to play this. I can help him at times if he wants but my involvement will be minimal.
I can do it. Team with Prath or go solo. We need to have a time limit or we will be arguing how Jack Hobbs was better than Len Hutton or WG Grace.

EDIT: Seriously - an all time test draft will be boring as we just use stats. IF it's all time I'd only play with Prath as I can't be bothered to argue about players I've never seen
Time limit for sure. Just need to decide when onwards.

anant

I won't mind joining @RDCR07 as his AM, if Varun isn't playing

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
would there be enough players for an Ashes draft?

Akshay

Staff
That is soooooooo complicated and it's going to take ages to complete.
We took about 1-2 days per round, and the current snake is going at a little more than a day per round, so about the same. It requires a fair bit more work on the mod's side, but it's not particularly complicated for the players. Does feel like a bit of a lottery at times though.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
For the next draft I think every team needs a AM (preferably matched up by different time zones) and the time should be reduced to 6 hours.

Norris

It's very difficult to get that level of interest unfortunately. The previous T20 draft had only 8 teams participating.

anant

It's very difficult to get that level of interest unfortunately. The previous T20 draft had only 8 teams participating.
Instead of going for 16 teams, we can try for just 8 teams. Think that can solve the problem.
Should we not get 16 players we can still go for 8 teams. Teams with AM get 4-6 hrs per pick, teams without AM get 6-8 hrs