The RedCafe Cricket Drafts | Discussions, Ideas etc..

Norris

Thought might as well start a thread for this. We can include discussions for all future drafts here whenever they may occur.

The Winners

Norris

Reserved. Intending to use this as a History Post with all previous winners and their title winning campaign. So Winners can PM/Post the link and I'll update here. :)

The Winners

The Leaderboard
  • Mani | 3
  • Donaldo | 1
  • Moby | 1
  • NM & Prath | 1
  • Crappycraperson | 1
  • Interval | 1
  • The Red Viper | 1
  • Zlatan_ish | 1 [Newbie Forum]

Last edited:

Boycott

My suggestion from last time:

Aye was good fun. Loved the test draft as it's cricket in its purest sense plus discussions went beyond stat abuse!!

Perhaps we could play around with test drafts. 130 years of history means there's variety to be had.

Example: max 2 players from the same test playing nation. min 20 tests each player

or no team mates draft (clue is in the name, 11 players who never played together in test cricket). That keeps the Aussie invincibles, Windies and Aus 90-00s seperated.
A few posters liked the idea of no team mates. Another factor I should add now is that it avoids the generation argument as you have no choice but to research and have a mix of players from different eras.

For instance you can't stack your attack with bowlers from the 70s/80s (considered the golden era of pace bowling) and have a default advantage if your opponent features batsmen from the modern era (flat pitches, considered a weak era for bowling).

Norris

My suggestion from last time:

A few posters liked the idea of no team mates. Another factor I should add now is that it avoids the generation argument as you have no choice but to research and have a mix of players from different eras.

For instance you can't stack your attack with bowlers from the 70s/80s (considered the golden era of pace bowling) and have a default advantage if your opponent features batsmen from the modern era (flat pitches, considered a weak era for bowling).
Yeah, I really like the no team mates draft too. It would make each team very varied and coming up with very interesting combinations.

At some point, I would like it if we ran a County Draft as well. That's one avenue which I am not very familiar with and would love to learn more about.

Boycott

Yeah, I really like the no team mates draft too. It would make each team very varied and coming up with very interesting combinations.

At some point, I would like it if we ran a County Draft as well. That's one avenue which I am not very familiar with and would love to learn more about.
Country cricket is right up my street!

Mani

Auction test draft ,may be once we complete already planned one.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm done with cricket drafts.

Give me a tag if you ever decide to play armchair cricket.

Mani

When are we starting the next draft and who is hosting it?
Anything starting by Monday would be perfect.

Norris

Bring him back Varun. Drive to Leicester if you have to.

NM

I'll probably be involved in some capacity

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If its a test draft, would be happy to play to assist someone. Can't play solo

Mani

Anyone interested in co-hosting next draft? new ideas are welcome.

Varun

Staff
What is the interest levels for this? Do you guys want a boring snake draft or something more interesting like a sheep draft?

Boycott

Preferred the sheep format. A lot of the fun in the last test draft was the drafting. That itself was like a competition not knowing the other picks. Researching players I've never heard of and the pool of players is so vast it will stay interesting.

prath92

Snake test draft is a good try. Too many top players get missed out in case of sheep.

And auction draft doesn't really sound like a test thing imo.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I can host it with some help. Need some idea for thinking the criterias for sheep though.

Varun

Staff
We are thinking of mixing it up. First 6 rounds in sheep format followed by 5 rounds in snake format and the 12th round with all blocked players opened up in snake format again.
I can host it with some help. Need some idea for thinking the criterias for sheep though.
Play KM.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We are thinking of mixing it up. First 6 rounds in sheep format followed by 5 rounds in snake format and the 12th round with all blocked players opened up in snake format again.

Play KM.
Not playing mate.

Mani

I'm looking to play this, if its Hybrid as we planned then i can't mod and play this.If KM is interested let him mod this as i can see he's not playing this.

Play KM.
Not playing mate.