The Redcafe Decades Draft Tournament

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't understand the need to post pictures in the player profiles, it just clogs them up and makes it harder to read. What does a still image really tell you about a player anyway?

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Just realised there's another, more problematic, inaccurate thing about your team. You have three 30s players so you have a choice of Lloris playing striker, right back or right wing.

I'd go with Buffon as striker.
That's him fecked, right?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I don't know tbh, as a group we should have picked up on that and not allowed him to field a side if it transpires he didn't have two players from each decade.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Ayee I'm with Stob, clear mistake would be harsh to make him play a keeper outfield. Depends what everyone thinks, but no harm in letting this one slide IMO.

Fergus' son

I don't know tbh, as a group we should have picked up on that and not allowed him to field a side if it transpires he didn't have two players from each decade.
I had enough problems keeping track of my team!

Not sure how this will be handled considering the furore surrounding Brwneds Toure pick...

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Brwnd just changed a pick based on the opinions and feedback of others, with this one however you just simply aren't allowed to not have 2 from each decade in your team. He should be made to/allowed to (hehe pick the bones out of those semantics) go back and do a swap with one of his players.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I never had Armfield or Corbatta shortlisted so I had assumed Armfield was a 40s pick.

Agree it is harsh to force Lloris onto the pitch, that would be the match-defining mismatch wherever he is played.

I don't feel it is particularly fair to leave it on Cutch's shoulders though and he would still carry that problem for the next games.

Since Charles and Armfield were relatively early picks and Corbatta a late one, I'm inclined to let Gio pick a 40s player now instead of Corbatta. Doubt it would make much difference, if the way Sívori was perceived is anything to go by.

Aldo's call.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't think this should be a problem. That match won't be any fun if Lloris or Buffon is forced to play.

antohan

Corbatta was the feck up wasn't it. I'd be happy enough for Gio to swap him for a player from the decade that he's missing
Yeah, I think that's the most reasonable course of action. You may regret it though, some very handy 40s players still knocking about! ;)

Fergus' son

Corbatta was the feck up wasn't it. I'd be happy enough for Gio to swap him for a player from the decade that he's missing

Sounds like the fairest option, lucky that Corbatta was unlikely to be wanted by anyone post gio picking him really.

Bit of a bonus being able to pick with your opponent in mind however and knowing partially who will be available in the reinforcements round. I'd suggest that whoever he picks shouldn't be allowed to play the next game, is that feasible?

Edit - dont think it is feasible. Upto you guys anyway, I'm out!

antohan

Of course. With that settled though, I would suggest we all delete our posts and milk it a bit more taking the piss out of our resident Scot. :devil:

antohan

Sounds like the fairest option, lucky that Corbatta was unlikely to be wanted by anyone post gio picking him really.

Bit of a bonus being able to pick with your opponent in mind however and knowing partially who will be available in the reinforcements round. I'd suggest that whoever he picks shouldn't be allowed to play the next game, is that feasible?

Edit - dont think it is feasible. Upto you guys anyway, I'm out!
I think all that is properly taken care of if he picks a right winger, which is what he was aiming for with Corbatta. Picking a different role would indeed be taking advantage of knowledge about the rival.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Omar Corbatta has been sent home having turned up to the final training session trollied after downing several bottles of Argentinian Malbec.

Called up in his place is Sandro Mazzola, the highly regarded Inter and Italy inside-right.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Are people happy with Mazzola in for Corbatta? He was the only remaining attacking player on my 40s shortlist and will be taking up a similar role.

Fergus' son

Are people happy with Mazzola in for Corbatta? He was the only remaining attacking player on my 40s shortlist and will be taking up a similar role.

A better choice than Corbatta IMO but I know feck all about Corbatta! Love watching Mazzolla play...

Thisistheone

Next we have....

The drunken approach of Stobzilla v the worrying, nervous tension of Theon

antohan

Not sure who I want, some leftbacks ripe for Garrincha to plunder there but that could change :nervous:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Not a great draw really after Stobz thrashing of kps who had one of the best teams in the whole draft, gonna be work cut out