The Redcafe Decades Draft Tournament

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Thank god Vidic is in the opposition side to make T. Silva look less out of place!

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Aldo should have gone matthaus garrincha imo, would have been an insane midfield and attack
Well I'm surprised about the Scirea pick as I thought Hansen would've been good enough to go all the way. Vidic less so, but Anto's a bit tied there and I can see the rationale of someone of Scirea's class taking Vidic up a level. Though Zanetti for Zambrotta might've been the clearest upgrade with the second pick there (if it all fits, it's a nightmare working it out from the sidelines here), especially against that wide talent KM/Brwned have at their disposal.

Moby

Dick
Well I'm surprised about the Scirea pick as I thought Hansen would've been good enough to go all the way. Vidic less so, but Anto's a bit tied there and I can see the rationale of someone of Scirea's class taking Vidic up a level. Though Zanetti for Zambrotta might've been the clearest upgrade with the second pick there (if it all fits, it's a nightmare working it out from the sidelines here), especially against that wide talent KM/Brwned have at their disposal.
Yeah I considered the Zanetti option, but against the likes of Garrincha, you can have whoever you want you'd get beat. So it is better to shore up the more dangerous area of the pitch.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Pretty much! Whether it's 433 or 4231 is still to be decided but that's the jist of it. Not sure I can pull it off but hey-ho, it's worth a go.
I'd probably call it a 4141/433 hybrid so no one looks out of position. Spain played the final in 08 that way and looked brilliant, for example.

Hungary '54, Brazil '70, Germany '72, Holland '74 and Spain '08 - that's got to be the top five international sides in whatever order, right? Or do France '84 squeeze in there ahead of Spain? That was definitely Spain at their most entertaining but was it Spain at their best? Maybe even France '00 in there ahead of Spain?
I think the Euro 08 had better teams than the tournaments in 2010 and 12 and they looked comfortably better than any other team throughout the whole tournament. I think they were at their best and by far at their most entertaining.

Moby

Dick
No game before deadline day ends for obvious reasons.

Brwned are you willing to go on Tuesday/Wednesday? I'd be on a long flight on thursday so I'd prefer to get it out of the way before then.

Cutch and Theon do tell if you want to have it on a particular day.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands

Agree on Hansen, would have been good for the final and everyone was convinced it was a complimentary pairing in the last game (which it was). So is Scirea/Vidic to be fair, so its a good pick.

I just keep going back to that Matthaus/Garrincha double pick and think it would have been perfect. Don't mean to bang on about it Aldo and your picks are good, but I would have loved that team.

Agree on the defence though, very average at this stage of the tournament but then that midfield infront would combat that.

Moby

Dick
Agree on Hansen, would have been good for the final and everyone was convinced it was a complimentary pairing in the last game (which it was). So is Scirea/Vidic to be fair, so its a good pick.

I just keep going back to that Matthaus/Garrincha double pick and think it would have been perfect. Don't mean to bang on about it Aldo and your picks are good, but I would have loved that team.

Agree on the defence though, very average at this stage of the tournament but then that midfield infront would combat that.
Heh I know what you mean. On paper it is a muppet dream, but I really can't see it work well. As for the defense I still have the best CB and the best fullback on the pitch, rest will be told in the game. :p

Pretty happy Brwned picked Garrincha, Thiago Silva against Muller is the biggest mismatch by far.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Tuesday would be much better for me, if not then then can you do Thursday Cutch?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
:lol: I guess when the oppo has Xavi and Tigana in midfield you can afford to drop Edwards and go Xabi-Rijkaard.

Glad for Mané.