The Redcafe Decades Draft Tournament

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Mine was prettier. And I had Facchetti and Lucho as wingbacks and tonnes of firepower.

If a 3-4-3 was ever going to win a draft game that was it. A thing of beauty. I would even forfeit my game in advance happily to swap Thuram for Zanetti with Aldo and be allowed to play it.

Coin toss, FFS :mad:

antohan

Exactly. That'd work like a charm in real but so much depends on the wingbacks that it would bomb on here.

Oh and by the way anto, Gio agrees with me that using Hierro in midfield is optimum. :D
I like Hierro in midfield, don't get me wrong. I've been largely playing a counterattacking game though, so his passing from the centre of defence works just as well, if not better, considering I had Schuster, Carlos Alberto and Junior elsewhere all capable of spraying passes as well. If I played him in midfield, by the time he gets to the other end I have either scored or he is already running back :lol:

You were mentioning anticipating danger earlier as well, and I agree, but I want him marshalling the troops in full view of what is going on, rather than in the thick of it. Somewhat different concept I know, you were referring to someone cutting it at the source, when I much prefer the logic that when there are many possible sources one man can't do the job but a disciplined collective effort will.

From his standpoint he can see everything that is going on AND what everyone should be doing, if anyone is deviating from their job or has not picked up on something that the oppo is looking to exploit he will put it right. That's what he is called El Mariscal for.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There wasn't a single clear cut case where someone would have him as top priority, 2nd choice was possible subject to muppetry but nothing else.
You sure nailed it, Anto. Hard to predict with decade restriction; and it's Ronaldo.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I watched him play on the right, the left and up front on his own for Argentina alone. It's just because he's seen as the perfect #10 and they are generally inflexible.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Exactly. That'd work like a charm in real but so much depends on the wingbacks that it would bomb on here.

Oh and by the way anto, Gio agrees with me that using Hierro in midfield is optimum. :D
When we are talking about peak form we've got Hierro as the deep-lying midfield player who unfathomably was good for 20-30 goals a season. Then in his later years when he gave up the midfield duties, he was still a classy operater but struggled with his lack of pace at times. It's not too much of an issue if he is in the middle of a three or has the right, pacy partner in defence. Obviously if you brought a peak Hierro into the centre of Spain, Real or Barcelona's defence today he'd be their best defender by some distance and an exceptional fit given his ability on the ball.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Just based on individuals, seems like Theon got the real deal.
If he can get through the next round I'd fancy him to win it. It's a top-heavy short-term gamble in the expectation that the requisite defensive quality comes on board in the next round.

Moby

Dick
Due to my general laziness and shamelessness as well as frustration from using this internet connection, I am going to nick the player profiles for the new additions. Thanks, paceme and EDogen.

Moby

Dick
:lol: Yea interesting idea but I really doubt the wild card team would have a chance against the one that wins the whole thing after adding truckloads of players.

antohan

Chaps, I was asked by Aldo to do the draw. I have to leave for the weekend, so here it is...

antohan

For the record, I had done the draw so Cutch didn't go AWOL. Unfortunately he is drawn to the two teams still playing, but if he is happy to pick anyway that should be fine.

antohan

Why not PM someone your pick? e.g. if X is available then X, otherwise Y. Unless your pick is already available, of course.

Moby

Dick
Teams to pick from :

Stobzilla : 1. Pele 2. Rivaldo 3. Keane 4. Lahm 5. Batistuta 6. Forster 7. Ruggeri 8. Shilton 9. Masopust 10. Briegel 11. Gerrard 12. De Almeida 13. Franco Baresi 14. John Charles

VP : 1. C Ronaldo 2. Gento 3. Scholes 4. Socrates 5. Sammer 6. Zoff 7. McGrath 8. Evra 9. Deschamps 10. Van Nistelrooy 11. Brennan 12. A. Ferguson 13. Lothar Matthaus 14. Gaetano Scirea

antohan : 1. Garrincha 2. Eusebio 3. Desailly 4. Carlos Alberto 5. Hierro 6. Schuster 7. Junior 8. Luis Enrique 9. Cech 10. Campbell 11. Schweinsteiger 12. Joya 13. Facchetti 14. Zanetti

Brwned : 1. Edwards 2. Charlton 3. Figo 4. Ferdinand 5. Bergomi 6. Brehme 7. Sanchez 8. Dzajic 9. Camacho 10. Maier 11. Villa 12. Yaya Toure 13. George Best 14. Paulo Roberto Falcao

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hi, I've been stuck somewhere for the last five days and don't think I'll be available for the next one or two weeks either. So if anyone wants to take on my team, then it'll be great.

Moby

Dick
Yeah hope everything's fine.

He's Theon's AM btw, not mine. I have asked Fruit Cake who seemed quite keen on getting involved. Let's wait for his reply.

If anyone is lurking and is interested, drop me a PM.

Thisistheone

Yeah I'm Theon's AM so won't be taking on KM's side. Hopefully Fruit Cake will get involved or Pat Mustard? Or whoever KM beat in the last round?