Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Iron Stove

I'm thereabouts too. But there seems to be a quite troublesome bug. So I errr.. this is gonna sound damn weird.. went with the male prostitute and after that whole thing I couldn't get my gear and other stuff back. I'm standing on the floor naked in a pool of blood with a dead male hooker called Ramon laying at my feet. What do I do?

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Haaaah, nice. Had a save in town and just had to try.

Love how they made you run around the room naked and pick various soon-to-be-broken weapons. I could imagine something like that in a movie. :cool:

Btw, the whole gear is in left-most chest, in corner, Ramon drops the key for it (adorned key or something like that). Have to get near the wall to see the chest.

walsh

Glad to hear you're all liking D:OS. Backed it on Kickstarter over a year ago and happy it's finally out. Haven't had time to scratch the surface yet but it seems to be everything they promised and more.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Yeah, they fully delivered. In their next Kickstarter, I plan to give them a lot of support.

Lots of other people like it too. 9.3 on Metacritic out of 480 ratings, 140-2-9 in reviews, just brilliant. Still only two critic reviews, but considering critics got their codes on release day, it's no wonder.

Iron Stove

Haaaah, nice. Had a save in town and just had to try.

Love how they made you run around the room naked and pick various soon-to-be-broken weapons. I could imagine something like that in a movie. :cool:

Btw, the whole gear is in left-most chest, in corner, Ramon drops the key for it (adorned key or something like that). Have to get near the wall to see the chest.
Hmm.. must be a bug, because there is only one chest in there and it's empty. Guess I'll have to load an earlier save.

Iron Stove

Thanks! I think I might have bashed that chest to bits earlier because there's a few pieces of wood laying about there, but no chest..

I reloaded and killed him and got the XP anyhow..

Last edited:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
What's Timesplitters: Future Perfect like? I can't decide whether to get it or not. I love the second, and I got the first a year or two back and found it was a bit... meh. From what I've seen online FP looks a bit, I'm not sure what it looks... maybe a bit boring.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
What's Timesplitters: Future Perfect like? I can't decide whether to get it or not. I love the second, and I got the first a year or two back and found it was a bit... meh. From what I've seen online FP looks a bit, I'm not sure what it looks... maybe a bit boring.
I loved it, but I was like 12 at the time.. saying that, I played it mostly multiplayer so I guess it's hard for me to really recommend. What would you get it on?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I loved it, but I was like 12 at the time.. saying that, I played it mostly multiplayer so I guess it's hard for me to really recommend. What would you get it on?
I'd prefer to get the Gamecube version as that's what I've got TS2 on, but the PS2 version is always much cheaper so I'd just get that instead.

Alock1

Can anyone recommend me some Steam games?
What sort of thing are you interested in?

I'd prefer to get the Gamecube version as that's what I've got TS2 on, but the PS2 version is always much cheaper so I'd just get that instead.
How much are we talking? Unreal Tournament 3 on the 360 can be had for really cheap. Not Timesplitters but still..

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
What sort of thing are you interested in?

How much are we talking? Unreal Tournament 3 on the 360 can be had for really cheap. Not Timesplitters but still..
At the moment I'm in the mood for some retro-looking games, you know like 16 bit 2d games if that makes any sence. For example I really like the look of Starbound but that is still in its pre-release stage and am not sure if I should buy that. I also like the look of Crypt of the NecroDancer but I'm not sure if the unique gameplay mechanics will appeal to me.

I was also thinking of buying The Walking Dead but am in two minds about that.

Anyway if you've got some good suggestions, even ones that aren't necessarily related to what I described I would appreciate it!

Also sorry if my typing is bad, I'm writing this from my phone

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
The Gamecube version is usually £15-20, but the PS2 one goes down to around £1.50-2.00 quite often on Amazon.

I'm currently trying to buy as many good games as possible using just Amazon vouchers, so obviously the PS2 one is the best dealio for me at the moment :) Beyond Good and Evil and Rayman 3 are the most recent games I've got from there, hopefully at least one will arrive tomorrow.

Alock1

Have you played them both before already? Both are awesome. Rayman is just what you'd expect but there's so much to Beyond Good & Evil. It's brilliant.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Nope it'll be my first time with both of them. Probably looking forward to BG&E more due to the amount of fans it seems to have and it looking really good, but obviously being a platformer guy I might end up enjoying Rayman a a little more.

Too bad it'll probably be ages before I end up playing either of them.

Alock1

Nope it'll be my first time with both of them. Probably looking forward to BG&E more due to the amount of fans it seems to have and it looking really good, but obviously being a platformer guy I might end up enjoying Rayman a a little more.

Too bad it'll probably be ages before I end up playing either of them.
I don't want to make this comparison really, but you love Zelda too! Beyond Good & Evil is probably the closest PS2/Xbox ever got to Zelda, except maybe Okami.

In some ways it's less frustrating than Zelda, and it has a huge amount of charm and humour lying about a gorgeous world. It's fantastic.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I don't want to make this comparison really, but you love Zelda too! Beyond Good & Evil is probably the closest PS2/Xbox ever got to Zelda, except maybe Okami.

In some ways it's less frustrating than Zelda, and it has a huge amount of charm and humour lying about a gorgeous world. It's fantastic.
I think I saw someone make that comparison when I was looking it up before I bought it, sounds promising! At least if I really like it I wont have had to wait as long as everybody else has for the sequel.

Alock1

They re-made it in "HD" for the 360 you know, I assume they fixed some bugs or made it a little smoother too (the camera I hope).. You might be able to get it just as cheap, though I guess if you've already got it ordered I'm too late with this info.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
They re-made it in "HD" for the 360 you know, I assume they fixed some bugs or made it a little smoother too (the camera I hope).. You might be able to get it just as cheap, though I guess if you've already got it ordered I'm too late with this info.
A bit :lol:

Seems to be around £10 on Amazon. I'll be alright with the standard version and a few quid saved for other games.

Woodzy

I don't want to make this really, but you love Zelda too! Beyond Good & Evil is probably the closest PS2/Xbox ever got to Zelda, except maybe Okami.

I remember game on the PS1 that was a massive rip off of the 2D Zelda games. Can't remember the name of it but I remember it had something to do with monkeys. It was pretty good I thought!

Alock1

I also just saw it got a 3/10 from IGN :lol:

But yeah, Beyond is like a more mature Wind Waker. Not to get your hopes up for it, but it's so good. I can't wait for you to play it. It's a little awkward, the camera in particular, but it's so much fun and really charming.

Alock1

Yeah, you definitely will have.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Has anyone on here played DayZ?

It's only on PC at the moment, but is apparently coming to PS4 later this year, along with H1Z1.

Both of these are MMO based in a zombie/Walking Dead type world. The focus is on surviving, building shelter etc, scavanging weapons...

I love the concept of these games and looking forward to them on the PS4 - just curious if anyone else was?

quackattack

Anyway if you've got some good suggestions, even ones that aren't necessarily related to what I described I would appreciate it!
Crusader kings 2 or Europa universalis 4? Just a (good) suggestion, and well worth every penny;)

Alock1

I was also thinking of buying The Walking Dead but am in two minds about that.
Walking Dead is really good, but I think Wolf Among Us is better. Both are worth a buy though.

Not sure why I've only just seen this. Sorry.

Alock1

Niceee! Obviously Rayman is awesome but I can't wait to hear what you think on Beyond.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I hope you got beyond on Gamecube!

But yeah it's great. Sadly piss easy though :(
Nope. I wanted to get the GC version, but my Amazon voucher quest I was telling Locky Boy about meant it made more sense to get the PS2 version. I can always pick that version up another time though.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Nope. I wanted to get the GC version, but my Amazon voucher quest I was telling Locky Boy about meant it made more sense to get the PS2 version. I can always pick that version up another time though.
Ugh, prepare for lower quality graphics and shit fps!

(But the artwork is pure beauty so none of that matters ;) )

Alock1

Yeah me too. I can't promise that I'll get round to playing it within the next couple of years though, I'm afraid.
What? You better. Tomorow too.