Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I'm guessing W101 cause I felt the same

Alock1

What? Where's the demo? X360?

Lance Uppercut

I will, of course, master The Wonderful 101, and wallow in its inaccessible brilliance. While Alcock slithers off, deeply unsatisfied and out of pocket.

Alock1

Me two.

You will master W101 and you're a big Dark Souls fan but you didn't understand what to do in Beyond Good & Evil? A game most of us played as young kids?

Deary me..

Alock1

In all seriousness it's such a charming game, I don't know how well it's aged in terms of mechanics, but I'm sure you'd still love the world, the characters and have lots of fun exploring. The game varies lots and is plenty of fun.

Minus the camera I don't really remember any problems, but maybe it hasn't aged well in other places, I guess I should play it again to find out. You should revisit it Lance if you ever get chance.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I don't usually have any problems with games that have apparently aged badly, so I'm sure most of it will be fine for me.

So you can explore the world without being tied to objectives? I like games where you can do that, so that's should be nice.

Alock1

Yeah I can't imagine that you'd have any issues Olly. I don't know how it's aged.. I would imagine it should age well similarly to Wind Waker in that the style and charm are still there but it's perhaps a little too easy.

Nah, I don't remember it trying to tie you to objectives ever really. I use to explore all the time as I really enjoyed all the side things you can do and would take loads of photos.

Alock1

It's more whether the other stuff has aged badly - the mechanics and platforming perhaps. But yeah, Olly will be fine.

And I think even despite some things which might be annoying (even then the camera was wank) the game should continue to be so charming. It's just full of character and personality.

I don't know it the Wind Waker comparisons are stupid or not, does anyone else see the similarities? In a few places it's possibly better too (the story, missions aren't repetitive, great voice acting!) not that I'm saying it's better.

Alock1

I'm pretty sure you will like Beyond Good and Evil, Olly.
Can you imagine a new one? Oh man the potential.. and we really don't get those sorts of games anymore and it sucks. I'm not sure I'd want it to have any online interaction, but since we lack a good jet racing game these days...

Did you play it @Earthquake ?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Can you imagine a new one? Oh man the potential.. and we really don't get those sorts of games anymore and it sucks. I'm not sure I'd want it to have any online interaction, but since we lack a good jet racing game these days...

Did you play it @Earthquake ?
Yeah, a long time ago though, so I couldn't speak for the game too much in depth. Still have it, I think, somewhere.... I do remember the camera being a tad annoying, but nothing really worth worrying about. I also remember the controls being fine, can't see why they'd age badly.

Really couldn't say about the Wind Waker comparison, as I haven't played that.

Alock1

Yeah perhaps not. Hopefully not anyway.

I just checked on 360 and it's like £7. I've been moaning about having nothing to play recently so it looks like I've found something!

Lance Uppercut

Me two.

You will master W101 and you're a big Dark Souls fan but you didn't understand what to do in Beyond Good & Evil? A game most of us played as young kids?

Deary me..
That is not what I said, slimeball.

I said I had no idea what was going on, which is true. It is a weird game.

I no longer have the 360 so unless it is available on other platforms, revisiting it isn't an option.

Alock1

It's on PS3! Do it.

Slimeball? :smirk:

Lance Uppercut

I have three games in the post as we speak. :lol:

A fourth might not be wise. Plus Dragons Teeth has sucked me back into BF4.

Iron Stove

Do you guys ever get gaming fatigue? I usually game about 10-30 hours a week but haven't played anything for a month and still don't feel up to it. This despite still not havingt finished a couple of games that will definitely go down as some of the best games I ever played in Divinity:OS and Dark Souls. Maybe it's because it's summer, who knows.

Lance Uppercut

I went around five years without playing any games. Missed quite a lot from 2003 to 2008.

Iron Stove

I went around five years without playing any games. Missed quite a lot from 2003 to 2008.
I more or less did the same as I was on Mac computers (and without consoles) for about 8 years during which I basically only played the odd Bioware RPG and strategy game. It's only just the last year I've picked up gaming again and I've loved it, but it seems like I've hit a wall at the moment.

Last edited:

Lance Uppercut

There are times when I am at home when I would like to play something but I just can't find the motivation. When I am hungover, for instance. I'd rather just vegetate on the chair. Good weather is also a factor. It makes me feel guilty.

Lance Uppercut

Ha, finally stiffed on eBay. Tropical Freeze arrived today. It came with a free hole in the disc.

Shockingly, it doesn't work.

Lance Uppercut

Look directly up from the hole in the middle. See that thing on the edge? HOLE.

Bebe

Do you guys ever get gaming fatigue? I usually game about 10-30 hours a week but haven't played anything for a month and still don't feel up to it. This despite still not havingt finished a couple of games that will definitely go down as some of the best games I ever played in Divinity:OS and Dark Souls. Maybe it's because it's summer, who knows.
Definitely. Felt it quite strongly at times for the last year and a half or so. I've developed a habit of playing games like The Walking Dead, Journey, Brothers: Tale of Two Sons etc if I'm not feeling up to traditional games. Or just taking a break in general. In fact the only gaming I've done this summer has been beating Alan Wake and a few hours on the Destiny Beta. I find that if I start gaming "excessively" for an extended period it gets boring very quickly and ruins whatever game I happen to be playing.

Lance Uppercut

It's a dirty little hole with cracks emanating from it. Smarmy email has already been dispatched to the turd who sold it to me.

Lance Uppercut

Sicko.

Anyone know where I can find a WiiU game holder/tower/rack?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Just started the copy of Sleeping Dogs I bought last month a few hours ago. Seems good so far, but I get the feeling it's going to be one of those games where I'll just be exploring/pissing around rather than play the actual game most of the time.