Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Can you imagine a new one? Oh man the potential.. and we really don't get those sorts of games anymore and it sucks. I'm not sure I'd want it to have any online interaction, but since we lack a good jet racing game these days...

Did you play it @Earthquake ?
Wasn't there talk about a new one some time ago? I definately remember seeing a trailer or short clip with the little clumsy pig in it.

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
I just installed the South Park RPG called Stick of Truth on my computer. Played it for about 15 minutes, and have so far picked up a "shit nugget" from the toilet (a consumable which can be used in fights to "gross the enemy out"), and had the choice of Warrior, Mage, Thief or Jew in the class selection.

Cartman upon selecting jew: "Oh I guess we'll never really be friends then."

The game sure sets the tone early.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Wasn't there talk about a new one some time ago? I definately remember seeing a trailer or short clip with the little clumsy pig in it.
Yeah, they say it's still happening too so fingers crossed we'll see it at next E3 I guess. I thought it might be their 'one more thing' moment at the last E3 - that or Prince of Persia but it was Rainbow Six.

Alock1

FFS I THOUGHT THIS BUMP MEANT YOU HAD PLAYED BEYOND GOOD & EVIL

Alock1

I'm so annoyed with you that I've got out of bed and started playing it myself!

Lance quitting this demo. Literally, the only button you can press is X at the start :lol:

Alock1

This game has so much charm. It really does feel like a more mature Wind Waker to me.

Alock1

No but it has a beautiful simplicity about it which makes it accessible and charming to everyone.

The story in Beyond is far less flat though, far more engaging.

Alock1

Oi m8 what u tryin to say, wind wakers for kids eh?
You need to get on Skype or something. I can't help but imagine whatever you say in a voice far softer than is probably realistic :lol:

Probably Alan Davies voice.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I did some transcribing work a couple of weeks ago and when I listened back I was rather horrified at how wimpy my voice sounded. I imagine I could get some software to make me sound like a wrestler or something though, so there's always that possibility.

Alan Davies :lol:

Alock1

I wanted to find a voice mask tool for Kermit the frog to do some sort of muppet section on the podcast but I couldn't.

Probably to the benefit of all listeners.

Alock1

I think I might sound a little soft and nasal anyway to be fair. That or the closest thing the pod has to a resident Manc. I wonder if any foreign listeners would know if I was or not.

Alock1

:lol: well yeah, but perhaps not when I'm not using the voice mask.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Well, maybe not then...

You should do a gaming/entertainment segment on the podcast. You could about the latest between Lambs and Weaste and take bets on what subjects will be argued about in the following week.

Alock1

No one would listen to those bits :lol: even Weaste and Lambs wouldn't despite the shoutouts.

I'd be well up for doing a gaming podcast though.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Yeah that would be quite cool. I only regularly watch one (it's an audio one but they upload videos of the main talking points), but it seems like it would be fun.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I did some transcribing work a couple of weeks ago and when I listened back I was rather horrified at how wimpy my voice sounded. I imagine I could get some software to make me sound like a wrestler or something though, so there's always that possibility.

Alan Davies :lol:
That'd be brilliant.

Pokemon said:
Whatcha gonna dooooooo brother, when his Totodile scratches YOU!?!

♫I am a real Pokemaster, fight for the rights of every mon....♫

Alock1

Shadow Realm - the new Bioware game is gonna be playable for the press on Tuesday at Gamescon, and I think we'll be getting a reveal trailer.

If anyone has missed the teasers:

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
That guy has never been in a 2 mile radius of pussy. Who cares when you've got a game collection like that though.

By the way, are you liking Sleeping Dogs, Olly? Have just finished Bioshock Infinate and don't know what game to start with now; Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls 2 or Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Played all 3 for about half an hour and DS2 frustrated me the most.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
That guy has never been in a 2 mile radius of pussy. Who cares when you've got a game collection like that though.

By the way, are you liking Sleeping Dogs, Olly? Have just finished Bioshock Infinate and don't know what game to start with now; Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls 2 or Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Played all 3 for about half an hour and DS2 frustrated me the most.
Yeah I like it so far. I've only played it for a few hours so far, and most of that has been messing around rather than doing the actual missions (though I have done quite a few), but I'm enjoying it. I like the atmosphere of the city quite a lot, I'm not sure if it's because it's Hong Kong rather than the usual US type cities or what, but it feels a bit unique and nice.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah I like it so far. I've only played it for a few hours so far, and most of that has been messing around rather than doing the actual missions (though I have done quite a few), but I'm enjoying it. I like the atmosphere of the city quite a lot, I'm not sure if it's because it's Hong Kong rather than the usual US type cities or what, but it feels a bit unique and nice.
Nice, good to hear there is a lot of exploring and side stuff to do because the first bit was pretty linear. Will play that next then.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Nice, good to hear there is a lot of exploring and side stuff to do because the first bit was pretty linear. Will play that next then.
Yeah it was a bit boring at first just following exactly what the game as doing without really having to do much, but it opens up for you to do what you want soon after.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If, like me, you missed Max Payne 3 it's between $5-8 on steam this week.

This way I can extend the list of games I picked up on the cheap that I'll never get to...

Bojan11

My next gen collection for Lance as he doesn't think I don't own titanfail. I'm watching the Djokovic match.

And I'd add the digital titles like Monster Hunter, Killzone and others that I forgotten about.

Guess how many I have completed?

Alock1

Clearly his brothers games.

Bojan11

Wind Waker and 3d world. And only Infamous and MGS which was like one mission for PS4. Going through The Last of us now.

I just have short attention span. If a game doesn't click with me after 20 min then I'd stop playing it and go back to it later again. But my excuse also is I been playing Dark Souls 2 and want to finish Mass Effect again.