Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Played Sleeping Dogs a lot yesterday and this morning, really enjoying it. Some of the fights are a bit intense though, I could feel my the veins in my wrist tensing up a bit a few times from having to mash the buttons so much :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Next on my "It's about time i played this" list on Steam is DE:HR. Bloody hell, this guys voice would almost put me off the game if it wasn't as enjoyable as it is.

Lance Uppercut

It is a really good game. The first boss fight is ridiculous, though.

Jagga7

Just finished a a popular indy game called "Gone Home" it's a few years old but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Took around 90 mins to finish and got it off steam for a couple of quid. Highly recommended!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Sleeping Dogs is so good, I love the city. Are there any other sandbox-ey games set in Japan/Hong Kong/China?

What about Yakuza? They're not really the same kind of games are they?

Lance Uppercut

Not really the same, no. Still good, though. Yakuza 3 is a good starting point.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I'll try it (and maybe the others) at some point, it looks quite cool from the little I've seen. It'll have to wait though as I don't currently have a working PS3 controller.

Lance Uppercut

Olly, you strike me as a well adjusted, talented gif maker. And yet I get the impression from your posts that you don't have two pennies to rub together. What gives?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
FFS, I read that twice and both times read that as "two penises to rub together". I was sure I'd gone completely mental.

But yes you are correct I don't have any money at the moment. I've started some work though but have to wait until the beginning of September before I get paid. All the games I;ve bought recently have been with Amazon vouchers.

Lance Uppercut

PM me your address and I'll send you a f*cking dualshock 3. This is unacceptable.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
:lol:

I did have an adapter to use my PS2 controller on my PC that I found out also worked on the PS3, but that stopped working a couple of months ago for some reason.

RedMist99

I've decided not to go out on the pop tonight and enjoy a video game night instead.

I need some help in choosing what to play though. This list mainly contains games that I've bought on Steam but there are a couple thrown in that I have played before but happy to play again depending on your recommendations...

Alan Wake
Arkham City
Dead Space 1&2
Dishonored
Dragon Age
Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Hotline Miami
Kingdoms of Amalur
Mirrors Edge
System Shock 2
Tomb Raider
The Witcher 2
X Com Enemy Unknown
Lost Odyssey.

I'll start playing at about 10 so get recommendations in before then!

Lance Uppercut

Alan Wake. The other quality games in that list require a lot of time.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Anyone use flash carts for older systems? I've been using Everdrive carts recently for Gameboy and NES. They are quite pricey, around about £60 each but have been definitely worth the money. I went off emulation due to lag and frame rate irritations, but these carts play identical to the original cartridges and on the original hardware.

If you just want to play and aren't concerned with the collecting side of things then they save a lot of time scouring Ebay for beaten up old games.

http://krikzz.com/

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Ppppppppppppppffffffffffftttttttttttttttt. Address.
It's very appreciated Lance Vance, but I feel a bit awkward receiving offers from people TBH, usually because I'm not sure if they're being serious or not :lol:

I've decided not to go out on the pop tonight and enjoy a video game night instead.

I need some help in choosing what to play though. This list mainly contains games that I've bought on Steam but there are a couple thrown in that I have played before but happy to play again depending on your recommendations...

*games*

I'll start playing at about 10 so get recommendations in before then!
Alan Wake. The only other game there I've played enough to talk about is Mirror's Edge and while it's good I'd recommend Alan Wake more. Especially for playing at night :cool:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Why is @Lance Uppercut banned?

Thats a very generous offer @Olly, you should take him up on it. Its probably unlikely he will also murder you

How have you been playing sleeping dogs without a controller, or do you have an Xbox / capable PC?

If you like game an Asian backdrop, how about the New Deus Ex. I think there are a couple of Asian places that game goes to

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Sleeping Dogs is actually getting a PS4/Xbox remaster. Didn't think it was popular enough or sold enough to warrant that but if they throw in all the DLC with it, I might get it.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Why is @Lance Uppercut banned?

Thats a very generous offer @Olly, you should take him up on it. Its probably unlikely he will also murder you

How have you been playing sleeping dogs without a controller, or do you have an Xbox / capable PC?

If you like game an Asian backdrop, how about the New Deus Ex. I think there are a couple of Asian places that game goes to
Yep, it's very generous of him for sure :)

I have a 360, so got Sleeping Dogs on that. Don't know anything about Deus Ex, I'll check it out. I guess you mean Human Revolution?