Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's great and unique experience unlike probably anything else you played before, though you have to know to first it doesn't have any sort of combat and it has ton of dialogue and reading. The RPG elements in your stats and dialogue options are magnificently well done though, and the story is great (even though I found the ending a little bit anti climatic). It revolved around solving a crime in a sort of a mystery thriller, but at the same time dives deep into the human psychology of the protagonist.

I heard that the new PS version will have voice acting (because the original game barely had any) so this might lessen the reading part a bit.

Definitely worth experiencing.
Cheers.

May give it a go. Been playing only Apex for the longest time, need a story game to get into again.

reddevilchennai

Need suggestions for two player PC games to play with partner. I am playing Overcooked now and it is very good.

el3mel

Finished the Ancient Gods part 1 DLC of Doom Eternal. I have purchased it a long time ago and didn't have a chance to play it. Also bought the second part and will start it next few days.

Mostly as good as the base game, which means great, but some fights were utterly ridiculous and the final boss was terrible. Hurt Me Plenty on this DLC seem to be as hard as Ultra Violence on the base game on something. I finished the main game on UV no problem and found it a very fair difficulty, but had to go into this on HMP to not rage quit.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So MLB The Show 21's coming to Xbox Game Pass on the day of its release thanks to MLB. Honestly, the more newly-released games that Game Pass gets, the better a deal it becomes.

Bojan11

So more developers don’t get paid for their work. Great system.
Shut the hell up. Of course they are getting paid and don't make me pull out those quotes from small independent developers praising gamepass.

Anyway

A collaborative effort between Chinese police and gaming giant Tencent has led to the closure of what police say is the biggest ever video-game-cheat operation.

The gang designed and sold cheats to popular video games, including Overwatch and Call of Duty Mobile.

Roughly $76m (£55m) in revenue was made by the organisation which charged a subscription fee to clients.

Police seized assets worth $46m, including several luxury cars.

The operation was called "Chicken Drumstick", and had a website selling to "hundreds of countries and regions", local media reported.

Subscription prices for users began at around $10 a day, and up to $200 a month.

Kunshan police found and destroyed 17 cheats and arrested 10 people in connection with the ring.

It said it was the "world's biggest" cheating case due to the large sums of money and games involved.

The story shows just how lucrative these cheat-hacking operations have become.

What used to be a cottage industry of hackers exposing glitches in the code of games has now become a massive criminal enterprise.
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56579449

Bojan11

I've never heard of that, cheat books that came free with copies of GamesMaster were my jam.
I picked up CVG or Gamesmaster depending on what had the better cover that month. I didn’t really bother with cheats besides GTA to get the tank and blow everything up.

I am surprised out of all the magazines that Edge is still going.

Tiber

I downloaded Madden via Gamepass PC and whilst you can play with a DS4 without any issues, all the button prompts for route selection etc are in Xbox controls. As this means nothing to me its kinda hard to play.

WIll give it a go with keyboard but thats feels a bit weird for a sports game

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They had a good one once telling you the value of rare games. That's when I learned I should have kept my box for Shining Force II. Could get £100 for that these days :mad:
Yeah, that was awesome. Before the internet you really had to work to know the value of those kinds of things. I still shudder at the thought of all the rare carts/games I have but no box for :(

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
They had a good one once telling you the value of rare games. That's when I learned I should have kept my box for Shining Force II. Could get £100 for that these days :mad:
Yeah I think they gave that book out a few times, I remember having at least two copies of it. I'd look through it loads looking to see if I had any valuable ones. I think I had one or two that were worth about £10-20 more than I paid and I though it was so cool :lol:

Irwin99

Playing Assassin's Creed Origins after having mixed feelings about Odyssey and no interest in Valhalla whatsoever but this one's decent enough so far. I like the Hellenistic Egypt setting. Combat is very clunky though.

It's a pity they never made one set in Persia around the time of the Macedonian invasion or one about Alexander's travels. I bet there would be a lot of interest there and there was tons of assassinations in that period. At any rate, i'm guessing the next one will be a Ghost of Tsushima tribute :(

el3mel

Playing Assassin's Creed Origins after having mixed feelings about Odyssey and no interest in Valhalla whatsoever but this one's decent enough so far. I like the Hellenistic Egypt setting. Combat is very clunky though.

It's a pity they never made one set in Persia around the time of the Macedonian invasion or one about Alexander's travels. I bet there would be a lot of interest there and there was tons of assassinations in that period. At any rate, i'm guessing the next one will be a Ghost of Tsushima tribute :(
I like Origins the most out of this trilogy just because it was the most tight and focused one, while Odyssey and Valhalla just kept on dragging and focused on having +100 hours game rather than a compact plot.

caid

Haven't played any of them but Origins tempted me the most. Egypt is a more interesting and unexplored setting than more viking games

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah, same here. And I'm far less willing to give a game a chance. If it doesn't grab me in the first 10 hours or so, then sorry game, you had your moment and you blew it.

I dropped the Last of Us like a hot potato because while I am curious about where the story goes, I just couldn't put up with the gameplay. I might give it another chance - because everyone praises it as a masterpiece - but the idea of just watching the story on YouTube is very appealing.
Even shorter for me. And it annoys me greatly if I give a game a few hours and then dislike it. Like with Enter the Gungeon and ABZU recently.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Mobile Call of Duty developers made $10 billion last year...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...mong-the-worlds-largest-studios/1100-6489672/

According to this...

https://venturebeat.com/2021/01/06/superdata-games-grew-12-to-139-9-billion-in-2020-amid-pandemic/

Console revenue was $19.7 billion, PC revenue was $33 billion and mobile was $73 billion. Mobile games are so fecking shite but they're complete goldmines.
Aye, it's access though. Everyone has a mobile phone, not everyone has a console or gaming PC.

Superunknown

After a few recommendations from friends, I decided to put on Outer Wilds. I've been playing for a good 2 1/2 to 3 hours so far.

Unfortunately, I can't say that I'm massively enjoying the experience so far. Finding it very underwhelming. The biggest issue for me is that controls which are absolute arse. This seems to be a common issue with games set in space (Elite Dangerous being another one) where it just appears to be unnecessarily fiddly for the sake of being that way, or for the sake of "space is dangerous, nothing is easy". I find that very artificial. It just removes that sense of wonder and instead becomes a sense of frustration.

That's my biggest irritation so far. I also wasn't entirely prepared with how much of the story is told through logs and reading. Just seems like another common trope in science fiction games. I was expecting a bit more of a visual storytelling experience. The abstract-y things that I've experienced so far have been nice, but finding it very, very rough around the edges.

I'm hoping that it gets better and clicks at some point. But so far, I'm not gripped.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I dedicate this one to @Bojan11 - GamingCaf God. Hope he comes back one day.

Platinum #18 - Goat Simulator (PS4)

Pretty straightforward, though whoever decided to put a Flappy Bird mini-game trophy is evil.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Thanks for the heads up @mazhar13

Also Nier Replicant is out today. Anyone else into that sort of thing?
Is it a redo of Automata, or a fresh game, or something else?

I adore so much of Automata in the style and story but there is so much low consequence, grindy gameplay that I doubt I'd play through it again without significant additions.

el3mel

Is it a redo of Automata, or a fresh game, or something else?

I adore so much of Automata in the style and story but there is so much low consequence, grindy gameplay that I doubt I'd play through it again without significant additions.
Remake of the original Nier. Yeah, there was one more Nier game that came before Automata.

I'm planning to get it soon though I have some other games to finish first, particularly Cyberpunk which I put in 10 hours recently.