The Referee Decisions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

Thought it might be good to start a thread, which can be updated throughout the season, that shows all decision for and against us.

Feel free to remind me of decisions currently gone for and against us this season:

For:
1. Herrera vs Stoke (should have been red card)
2. Rojo vs Everton
3. Craig Pawson vs Palace
4. Mkhi offside goal vs Sunderland
5. Sending off of Feghouli and offside goal vs West Ham.
6. Mata's offside goal vs Hull - COC SF.
7. Valencia offside in the build up to Zlatan's goal against Liverpool and Rooney possible red card on Milner.
8. Mata's challenge on Vardy in the 3-0 win at Leicester.
9. Saints offside goal in the EFL Cup final and Lingard not getting a second yellow for trying to trip Saints player on a counter attack.

Against:
1. Handball penalty not given from Tony V's cross. (Hull game)
2. Bravo's challenge on Rooney not resulting in a Pen or red card.
3. Offside goal against Feyenoord.
4. Michael Oliver V's Watford.
5. Challenge on Memphis and a load of other shit vs Northampton.
6. Luiz should have been sent off for challenge on Fellaini.
7. Clattenburg vs Burnley.
8. Marriner vs Arsenal.
9. Not sending off Adrian for the high late challenge on Zlatan in EFL cup vs West Ham and some guy booting Rooney in the face.
10. Craig Pawson vs Palace
11. Ibra not getting a pen against Sunderland
12. Ibra disallowed goal against Boro and penalty on Martial.
13. Clattenburg vs Stoke.
14. John Moss vs Hull - The pen for Hull and then not giving one for Smalling.
15. Eric Bailly sending off vs ASE in Europa League.
16. Romeu not getting sent off in EFL Cup Final.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

Another reason to miss Fergie.

Refs seem to feck us over so much lately.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This thread is the equivalent of looking at instagram photos of your ex. No good will come of it.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Tonight we played a team who overall have spent 3 million pounds.

To put that in perspective, for the amount we spent on Pogba, we could have signed all their summer signings 33 times over.

Please...please let us blame the ref.

VanGaalEra

Tonight we played a team who overall have spent 3 million pounds.

To put that in perspective, for the amount we spent on Pogba, we could have signed all their summer signings 33 times over.

Please...please let us blame the ref.
This is about the season, not tonight. But please continue your meltdown.

Rossa

What bothers me is referees letting lesser teams go way too hard into tackles and get away with it time and time again. Their fullback could easily have seen a second yellow today - well he should. And how that centre back of theirs didn't get a yellow for simply plowing through Rashford at every goddamn opportunity is a travesty. Refs need to start paying attention to foul play like that.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Joke of a performance from the ref today. I said the same about the Chelsea game. These refs need to allow teams to play football, not rugby on the pitch.

VanGaalEra

OP updated.

Might as well just leave Oliver in there as a main heading for the whole season.

Stan Jefferson

I like how every time somebody complains about anything after a loss some tit comes along as if everybody is saying it was the only reason we lost. It is possible to be pissed off at a shite refereeing display (again) and still retain perspective on the overall picture.

tomaldinho1

We deserved to lose given how bad we played but Oliver is a tool. That booking for Fellaini was just pure incompetence and in general was just a bag of shit.

Fitchett

That's three games running now where we've not played well, but we've had some real sh*t decisions against us. With a decent ref in all three of those games, we would have ground out at least a draw. So many of them think its OK for smaller teams to kick lumps out of us, while we get penalised for the most trivial of incidents.

I always dread seeing Atkinson, Dean and Oliver at our games, as invariably we get shafted and their shafting of us affects our play, as it did today, with our players losing their rag towards the end.

Fitchett

What bothers me is referees letting lesser teams go way too hard into tackles and get away with it time and time again. Their fullback could easily have seen a second yellow today - well he should. And how that centre back of theirs didn't get a yellow for simply plowing through Rashford at every goddamn opportunity is a travesty. Refs need to start paying attention to foul play like that.
This

arthurka

Totally inept.. Two reds should have been out for the same player but he is still on the pitch.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I like how every time somebody complains about anything after a loss some tit comes along as if everybody is saying it was the only reason we lost. It is possible to be pissed off at a shite refereeing display (again) and still retain perspective on the overall picture.
This, we can still be shit, and the victims of shit refereeing, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

RK

I think Northampton should've had another penalty for Romero's clothesline. You shouldn't be allowed to do that but it'd hardly ever be given.

JackXX

I feel like referees quite often give these types of performances in cup games. It's like they try to give the underdogs half a chance by letting things go.

GwynnieJ

"Magic of the cup" though guys. Hate games like these. You know the ref doesn't want to ruin the "occasion" by sending off a part time postman.

Same with twats like Andy Carroll or the old Stoke team who got away with murder because "that's what they're like"

VanGaalEra

OP updated, any chance of us getting something? Not even getting something, any chance we just get correct decisions in our games?

DevilRed

Luiz should have been off. Yes it would have been harsh but that was a studs up challenge right on the knee.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
We got 1 point today so he possibly cost us 2 points with the penalty and Herrera decisions. We've been unlucky but in this game it shouldn't have mattered, against Chelsea it didn't matter but against City it would have been big.

OohAahMartial

Referees get far too much protection. They should get fines, get suspensions, get bans from reffing against certain clubs, even the sack in some cases. Footballers and managers do so why the heck not refs?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Controversial opinion, but I don't think he cost us anything today. We created enough to win, but just couldn't put anything in the back of the net. Soft red for Herrera, but that's about it for me.

Boycott

10 games gone, and some massive decisions gone against us. Can't think of any going for us but it has cost us 3 points today and imo 1 vs city.

Edit: 2 points today (feels like 3)

The one we got away with is Herrera should have been sent off vs Stoke

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I love the guy, but Herrera was due a red. He's been on the cusp for a number of games, and his challenges can be a bit reckless. I love seeing him put in crunching tackles, but he's gotten away with a few. As above, the Stoke one was ridiculous.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Here in Norway the refs come on telly and explain why they made this or that decision. At least they get to explain why.

Status
Not open for further replies.