The right winger market…

The-Mezzala

Michael Olise
Nicolas Gonzalez
Yermey Pino

I wanted Diaby before we got Antony. Villa have got themselves a good player. We could just give Amad a chance.looked good at Sunderland

Zumbi

do people really want us spending money on the RW spot right now when we literally ended the last game with fecking Evans/Maguire CB partnership? Swear people are mental and lack any critical thinking skills sometimes. Amad/Pellistri/whatever the hell sancho does moving forward is plenty to roll with if it comes to that for now.
I thought this was a discussion about future transfer windows? It’s not like we can only buy players in one position per transfer window. Where are your critical thinking skills?

Yes, we very much need to address centre back cover but yes, we also may very well need to address right wing cover next summer.

Hopefully this season will shed some light on whether any of those three can step up to an acceptable level but if they don’t then discussing other potential options seems like a perfectly valid thing to do on a football forum that exists to discuss such things.

Bwuk

Garnacho.

He’s never going to displace Rashford off the left.

Mcking

Need a dribbler. Someone who is strong enough to hold off a challenge, and quick enough to go past a defender with some consistency. Our attacking players are arguably the weakest bunch in the league physically. It means we have no chance of forcing our way through any decent defence.

Paul778

Horrendous how much we've spent on the RW in the past five years. Sancho, Anthony, Pellestri, Amad... None of them are the good enough for a team of Uniteds stature (although the youngsters could still turn out okay)

Whereas City picked up Mahrez for 60m which seems small potatoes for such as established winger.

I can remember how often i got frustrated with Nani 25 years ago but I'd bite your hand off for someone with a fraction of his ability and courage these days.

avgp_1

Ernest Nuamah who has recently moved to Lyon looks a big prospect for the RW role and is only 19 years old. He's explosive, can go either side and is a high volume dribbler that is ambipedal (two footed). He represents Ghana at youth level but joined Danish club Nordsjælland via the 'academy right to dream'. Lyon have reportedly paid €25m + €5m for him.

I think it'll be interesting to see how Nuamah gets on this season and maybe make a move early for him if he lives up to his early promise.

Below are brief highlights from his debut for Lyon against PSG and for a 19 year old he did well considering it was his debut in a new league against the best team in the league.

Watched his debut against PSG, he looks very lively.

aeh1991

Was saying to somebody recently that there's no stand out RW players at the moment, compared to LW.

I've not seen much of Kvaradonna, can he play RW? The times I've seen him he's predominantly LW.
Unfortunately not

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Michael Olise
Nicolas Gonzalez
Yermey Pino

I wanted Diaby before we got Antony. Villa have got themselves a good player. We could just give Amad a chance.looked good at Sunderland
Amad should be rotating with Antony and pushing each other to be better. Problem is Amad keeps getting injured.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
IMO, United needs a technician and a creator in this position. With Rashford, Hojlund, and Garnacho you've got three speed demons who can run behind the defense. What United really needs are solutions to different kinds of problems, like how to progress the ball through the middle third of the pitch against a midblock and then how to reliably create and score chances once you get to the final third outside of transitional situations. You need a forward who is much more technically secure than the others who can help with ball progression then in the final third can get on the ball, play combinations with others, and generally do something assertive and dangerous when the team is running out of ideas.

Both Antony and Sancho were supposed to be this kind of player. The issue isn't that the profile is wrong, its just that neither is good enough and/or fits PL football well enough.

luke511

IMO, United needs a technician and a creator in this position. With Rashford, Hojlund, and Garnacho you've got three speed demons who can run behind the defense. What United really needs are solutions to different kinds of problems, like how to progress the ball through the middle third of the pitch against a midblock and then how to reliably create and score chances once you get to the final third outside of transitional situations. You need a forward who is much more technically secure than the others who can help with ball progression then in the final third can get on the ball, play combinations with others, and generally do something assertive and dangerous when the team is running out of ideas.

Both Antony and Sancho were supposed to be this kind of player. The issue isn't that the profile is wrong, its just that neither is good enough and/or fits PL football well enough.
I agree. Amad has played the wide playmaker role so far so that's what a lot of fans are looking forward to seeing, chances are he's up to it and we can trust him as our future starting right winger.

Having Pellestri as back up is an asset too I think he's quicker and more effective at dribbling than Antony and Sancho. He doesn't piss around as much as them either and seems to pass the ball at the right time, they dally about and take too long to make the right decision, especially Sancho, he's awful for it.

I think the club's best action is to sell them asap and reinvest in more urgent positions.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think Solly March for £75-£80m would be good business for you, but I suspect he isn’t fashionable or exotic enough to set pulses racing.
I dunno, would give me a fecking arrhythmia if we ever spent that on Solly March, so would get my pulse going.

hobbers

Flog both Sancho and Antony to Saudi Arabia in January and start putting the moves on Olise.

Hell I'd take Solly March for £50m.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was saying to somebody recently that there's no stand out RW players at the moment, compared to LW.

I've not seen much of Kvaradonna, can he play RW? The times I've seen him he's predominantly LW.
Plays similarly to Grealish

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Always liked Pedro Neto. Be interesting to see if he can stay fit this season as that's been his problem.

RedWilliam

Get Sancho and Antony out. Give Amad a chance and get Antonio Nusa in.

Red Rash

Would love to see Amad and Pellistri given a chance. Could also see us trying Garnacho on the right.

Bwuk

Depending on what happens - we might be able to get Jota from Al Ittihad on a free. Sounds like they’ll terminate.

lex talionis

Would love to see Amad and Pellistri given a chance. Could also see us trying Garnacho on the right.
Agreed. With Antony and Sancho both up in flames now, it's time for ETH to give one of the kids a chance at RW.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
im gonna be attacked for this because the caf hates people suggesting mad stuff, but.....he kind of has the attributes to play as a right sided attacking midfielder

Borussia Teeth

I think we should use Pellistri. He will get valuable minutes this week with his country which should get him up to speed fitness wise.

He also seems more of an assister than a goal scorer, therefore I think he'll complement Rashford and Hoijlund.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I would give whole season to Amad and Pellistri. Lets see are they good enough to be first choice or at least second choice.
And then, next summer we can evaluate situation.

Bojan Djordjic

Timing proving to be everything. Olise would have been a great signing this summer. Extremely good creative output, can glide past a defender and has a good work ethic. Looks like it might become too expensive to do at this point.

Think we should get in on the ground floor of one of these South American jewels like Estevao who is a sensational dribbler and is thought of as in a similar talent bracket as Lamine Yamal. Alternatively, we could fast-track Lacey and see what he could produce.

My personal preference if we're going to market is that we go for a guy who is big and athletic and can dominate his man one on one. A right sided Rafael Leao if there's such a thing. Maybe Nico Williams might be that player but I'm not familiar enough to say. Have to say, I don't love the idea of Yeremi Pino. Another small player like Antony who's best attributes seem to be defensive.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Does anyone rate Jarrod Bowen? I know Liverpool were linked with him at one point and come the summer time he will have just one year remaining on his contract. Fits that left footed RW profile.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Does anyone rate Jarrod Bowen? I know Liverpool were linked with him at one point and come the summer time he will have just one year remaining on his contract. Fits that left footed RW profile.
I actually quite like him. While not world-class or anything, he does seem consistent.

wolvored

We ought to get a RF winger for RW imo. We are too similar in attack and two inverted wingers doesnt help Hojland. A RF RW to put in crosses for Hojlund Bruno and Rashford to get on the end of would spice up our attack better than a LF winger who is obviously going to cut in virtually all the time and loose a shot off, to varying degrees. Pellestri should be given a 3/4 game run out, see if he can handle it. Antony has done feck all so far.

avgp_1

Still don't think we need a RW.
Get Frimpong in and give him the freedom of the entire wing, play with 4 midfielders to have the numbers through the middle and the LB tucks in to make it 3 at the back. His output is as good as most RWs out there.