The right winger market…

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We ought to get a RF winger for RW imo. We are too similar in attack and two inverted wingers doesnt help Hojland. A RF RW to put in crosses for Hojlund Bruno and Rashford to get on the end of would spice up our attack better than a LF winger who is obviously going to cut in virtually all the time and loose a shot off, to varying degrees. Pellestri should be given a 3/4 game run out, see if he can handle it. Antony has done feck all so far.
There's a lad in the U18s that takes corners with both feet :drool:

And as far as we know he's not a psychopath which is a nice bonus.

NLunited

We don‘t necessarily need another pacey direct option next to Rashford and Højlund. We have Amad though, who may come good.

Pellestri is a dribbling playmaker and deserves a shot imo.

Out of the box: Xavi Simons. Great talent, can play on either wing and as an attacking midfielder. I‘d rather add him than an underwhelming left footed winger or an old one.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I am sure there's another wrong'un out there for you to sign.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
As it stands our right forward/winger situation hasnt really improved. Remember when we used to overload left handside because all of the good attackers we had preferred to play from the left?

Until at some point... we had MG, then added Sancho, then added Anthony.. three top talents all could play from the right. But look at where theyre all now. The curse continues. Just play a formation that dont require it really Im so sick of it.

Bojan Djordjic

Does anyone rate Jarrod Bowen? I know Liverpool were linked with him at one point and come the summer time he will have just one year remaining on his contract. Fits that left footed RW profile.
Missed the boat there. Should have signed him instead of Dan James when we were punting on an exciting championship winger. Now, he'd be too expensive for the level of output he provides.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Kubo just pissed on Germany. I think he's Real Sociedad's POTY too? Just turned 22.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We are about to loss nearly 260m worth of right winger talent from our squad:

Greenwood 100m
Antony 85m
Sancho 73m

I don't think we should dump more money on another expensive signing for right winger, I am convinced we are cursed in that position.

Just stick to what we have for now. Diallo and Pellistri are both young talents, who were bought from combined fee of up to 50m not long ago. Just stick with these two. Mount or Bruno could play there sometimes too if we are have injuries or suspension.

Bojan Djordjic

I trust the academy more than our scouts to get someone suitable.
Wonder how far fetched it is to see Shea Lacey get some game time this season. Very young but he looks like a genuinely good talent and unlike many of our wingers, he can go past players with ease.

Em765

Sancho, Diallo, Pelistri and Mount can play there. We dont need anyone.
However if we do decide to buy one at some point better be someone rapid.
Anywho both Greenwood and Antony are still our players sooooo.
Unlikely Greenwood will ever play for us again but just saying they are still our players.

sparx99

If we had better attacking full backs we could play more of 4-3-1-2 formation or a diamond midfield. Mount and Eriksen could drift into wide areas to help and then put in crosses.

Onana

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Casemiro
Mount
Eriksen

Bruno

Hojlund
Rashford

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If, and an exceptional big if, Antony is guilty - then I’d want us going in for Olise next summer.

Pav1878

If we had better attacking full backs we could play more of 4-3-1-2 formation or a diamond midfield. Mount and Eriksen could drift into wide areas to help and then put in crosses.

Onana

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Casemiro
Mount
Eriksen

Bruno

Hojlund
Rashford
this is where Vanderson comes in:)

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I know, but he's capable of playing on the right, and Leao on his second-favorite side of the pitch is still better than most wingers who prefer the right.
No offence but I don't think you've seen much of him, he hasn't played a single game on the right side since 19/20 season (where he played there twice). He's played more games as a CF (his position for Lille) than RW.

Conor

I think Solly March for £75-£80m would be good business for you, but I suspect he isn’t fashionable or exotic enough to set pulses racing.
I think it would be more so that he's not worth anything near that amount.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
I think it would be more so that he's not worth anything near that amount.
I wouldn’t want to sell him anyway, if I were in charge; but out of curiosity what would you value him at?

Conor

I wouldn’t want to sell him anyway, if I were in charge; but out of curiosity what would you value him at?
Given his age and career so far, I can't see anyone spending more than 40m on him, even in today's market. You're getting at most 1 contract out of him, and he hasn't shown a level that would be worthy of a crazy price.

tomaldinho1

Mount will play there and it will allow us to steady the midfield ship without him at 8 as an experiment.

paulscholes18

Takefusa Kubo has had a great start to the season for Real Sociedad with 3 goals and 1 assist, 22 years old and a release clause of around £50m could be one to keep an eye on.

zaafi

Takefusa Kubo has had a great start to the season for Real Sociedad with 3 goals and 1 assist, 22 years old and a release clause of around £50m could be one to keep an eye on.
Another lightweight minion for a winger. Where are the Salahs and Mane's? :D

kaku06

Vulgarian
I know, but he's capable of playing on the right, and Leao on his second-favorite side of the pitch is still better than most wingers who prefer the right.
Yeah you haven’t seen him. He isn’t good on the RW at all.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Given his age and career so far, I can't see anyone spending more than 40m on him, even in today's market. You're getting at most 1 contract out of him, and he hasn't shown a level that would be worthy of a crazy price.
But value is so relative so what a player can offer to a team in the short term to help get results. I’d sooner pick March ahead of Antony or Sancho, both of which were/are “worth” a lot more. I wouldn’t swap him for either player, purely in football terms, solely as footballers based on what they’ve done so far at Manchester United, over Solly March who is consistently giving the best left backs in the league a hard game.

Conor

But value is so relative so what a player can offer to a team in the short term to help get results. I’d sooner pick March ahead of Antony or Sancho, both of which were/are “worth” a lot more. I wouldn’t swap him for either player, purely in football terms, solely as footballers based on what they’ve done so far at Manchester United, over Solly March who is consistently giving the best left backs in the league a hard game.
Both of those players cost what they did because of their age and potential. Solly March is an average PL wide player that is already in his prime, he will have no sell on value and is most likely not going to elevate his performance levels from what they currently are.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Brighton probably will be the club take the gamble and bring him to EPL given the success of Mitoma.

Last edited:

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Real Madrid reportedly sold him to Sociedad with a 50% sell on clause plus a right of first refusal. If that reporting is true, it effectively means that he has a 60m euro release clause but only if Madrid doesn't decide to buy him back for 30m euro.