The Saudi Takeover Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishMcD

A rich guy but wouldn't have enough to buy it. They're talking 4 billion aren't they?
I was trying, and obviously failing, to be funny. Mike Ashley would probably be the only owner hated more by his own fans than then our owners right now. I'll try to make my jokes funnier and more obvious the next time mate

Oscar.Z.Acosta

How gives a feck about politics or the way they're running their country, I don't get it. I only care about football. I don't want the best moral man ever to run the club if he's shite in his job and will make the club terrible. If they're coming, will be ruthless, will appoint people that will run the football side well and will throw money at the team, then I'll take them any day every day. They can do as much as they want in their country and run it as they want.It's not my problem and I don't live there. My only concern is what they'll do with the club.

You need to learn empathy quickly and the fact that peoples' lives are far more important than football. Remember, but for an accident of birth you could be living under conditions you would never accept. Be grateful for that and try and empathise with those who aren't so lucky. We'll have to agree to disagree here.

IrishMcD

No matter how bad things get I don't want those backward genocidal corrupt criminal despotic assclowns any where near this club.
I want their lovely, sweet money. All of it. Every last blood stained penny of it. Gimme gimme gimme.
I wonder if I'll catch any fish with this bait?

el3mel

You need to learn empathy quickly and the fact that peoples' lives are far more important than football. Remember, but for an accident of birth you could be living under conditions you would never accept. Be grateful for that and try and empathise with those who aren't so lucky. We'll have to agree to disagree here.
First, since I'm an Egyptian medical student I can tell most Egyptian doctors at one point or another travel there to work in their hospitals or Universities to cope money needed for living thanks to salaries here being shite, and living in Egypt is actually worse thanks to the increased burdens of living, the low salaries and the collapse of Egyptian pound value which isn't met by increasing salary. It's a trend here for most doctors to travel and make their money in Gulf, mostly KSA and I honestly don't remember much complaining about them about the living there, men or women btw, and Egypt isn't that strict when it comes to religion. You won't find may women here wearing niqab, mostly hijab at best and in some times in revealing way to show some of the hair, and rarely, rarely found any complaint or people running back here because they didn't withstand living there.

Second, again, for United and United aspect only, the only thing I care about the owners is how they're going to run the football club. I honestly couldn't care less about their politics and what they do in their country. I don't want a moral man who's shite in his job. I want a competent man who's going to turn the football club to being great. It's ridiculous that the first thing we discuss about new owners for a football club is their politics in their country not what they're actually to do for this football club.

This isn't utopia. Politics are full of shite and every reign has a dark side of wars crime and murdering. I hate my own Egyptian regime with passion and most Egyptians do as well, not that it changes anything. There's no clean country whatever you try to search for, so I prefer to stick to football side instead of getting into this, especially in a football forum talking about new owners of a football club.

Denis_unwise

I don't know how much money is really to be made out of a football club if you want to be successful. When you factor in wages & big money transfers every season there can't be a lot of profit left. If Utd were sold for £3 Bill it's going to be a long time before an investor makes their money back let alone making a profit. If FFP isn't going to be properly enforced the only way to compete with the state owned clubs will be is if you too are state funded.

The only way i see Utd being bought out is if we went out on our own regarding TV Rights. We could increase our revenues significantly. At the moment we are subsidizing many teams in the league due to the collective agreement. We have 650 Mill fans worldwide. If we only sold our home games on a PPV basis it would still dwarf the TV money we get now.

Reactions: Sultan

Razvan

I don't know how much money is really to be made out of a football club if you want to be successful. When you factor in wages & big money transfers every season there can't be a lot of profit left. If Utd were sold for £3 Bill it's going to be a long time before an investor makes their money back let alone making a profit. If FFP isn't going to be properly enforced the only way to compete with the state owned clubs will be is if you too are state funded.

The only way i see Utd being bought out is if we went out on our own regarding TV Rights. We could increase our revenues significantly. At the moment we are subsidizing many teams in the league due to the collective agreement. We have 650 Mill fans worldwide. If we only sold our home games on a PPV basis it would still dwarf the TV money we get now.
But it's not about profit at all. PSG and City don't make a profit, but their owners don't care.

FujiVice

Its not about what you make back. Its about buying up Western culture. Manchester United, WWE, shit like that is massive in Saudi Arabia. They gave Vince McMahon $50 million to put on shows in the KSA. They'll never make that back off wrestling. But they want a piece of the popular culture. Buying Manchester United would be massive over there. We're still the biggest sports franchise in the world. Especially when it comes to how many countries we appeal to.

Roboc7

Club is so valuable that it will be a tough sell for the Glazers, the Saudi’s are one of few possible buyers who are actually viable. I think there would be so much opposition that it wouldn’t go through even if they were interested.

Glazers should be looking to cash in, they have been trading off the club SAF built and that is falling apart. Won’t be long before all these sponsors start taking their business elsewhere or start refusing to pay top money to be associated with the club.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I have no doubt the Glazers will sell in a heartbeat if the right bid came in. You have to ask though, who has that much money to throw at a club and not expect much return, if any, in years.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Bring 'em on. At least we can get rid of Jones and Darmian cheaply. How much is a bus to the embassy?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The Saudi judiciary sentence political dissenters to public crucifixion. Literally. That's what we would be endorsing. Imagine that as your half time entertainment.

Eddy_JukeZ

He hasn’t even got a Blue Tick. I’m not sold on him, just read through his twitter and people like him are ten a penny on the internet, he doesn’t know shite.
I have a blue tick. Am I an ITK then? :lol:

Don't think a blue tick matters at all.

reddaz71

Fully expecting this to happen at the end of the season, the Glazers absolutely won't want to finance and restructure the huge rebuild whats clearly required, the best time for a sale is now before things get worse, they are not stupid and they will know that NOW is the time to cash out to the highest bidder!

jem

You can still be anti the Saudis whether they own the club or not.
You know, I've been struggling with the idea, and I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't have to stop being a United fan just because those murderous backwards clowns buy the club. That being said, I'd never buy an official piece of United merchandise nor ever allow myself to think they are in any way benevolent people (which is how the City owners would love to be seen by their fans.)

stepic

You know, I've been struggling with the idea, and I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't have to stop being a United fan just because those murderous backwards clowns buy the club. That being said, I'd never buy an official piece of United merchandise nor ever allow myself to think they are in any way benevolent people (which is how the City owners would love to be seen by their fans.)
Exactly. We shouldn’t feel culpable in any way, we didn’t choose the owners. It’s our club we’ve been supporting for decades, I don’t see how or why the owners should change that. Be critical of the owners but I won’t stop being a supporter.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Insulting another member
Aren't you tired of accepting mediocrity ? Aren't you tired of never taking decisions on managers till top 4 is impossible, giving new contracts to average players and rewarding mediocrity with giga salary after a purple patch ? Saudis will be ruthless and will never accept this shite. The difference in how we'll start acting as a club will be huge once they take over. Glazers don't care about success. They want to leech as much money as possible from the club and want it to be top 4 at bare minimum, so they only spend to secure it and sack managers only when they fail to get it. Time to get a board who will sack managers and sell players for not winning actual titles not for not finishing in top 4.
United generate enough money without needing to sell their identity to Islamofascists; a few wise football-focused appointments would facilitate the restoration of the club’s competitive mentality.

Clubs should be focused on chasing the Arabs out of football via FFP, not inviting more into the game; Spurs and Liverpool have proven you can be competitive in the Premier League and Europe by investing and recycling your own money.

Frankly, small minds like yourself who would embrace Sharia for success are deplorable.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not sure Glazers will be able to sell the club for the value they want. I'm coming at this from someone who isn't an expert on this but imagine the club is quite overvalued if they are looking to sell around £4bn.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'd love it if we were bought by someone who wants to shake up the set up and watch good football, without resorting to City level bullshit, and obviously not from Saudi.
Sounds like a pipe dream.

Pscholes18

Last people I want buying the club are billionaires who want something to do on the weekends. Hopefully it's someone who truly cares and wants to see the club succeed on the pitch.

Abdullah7

So dramatic! Living in KSA's biggest cities isn't as far fetched from living per-say Doha, Abu Dhabi and Kuwait. You could live lavishly and peacefully no matter what your gender is. You could go from any of those cities to Dubai or Bahrain if you want freedom in your alcohol consumption. I lived in Santa Barbara, California for years but I never felt the huge difference in my life style at all when I go back to Riyadh. I have four sisters, two of whom are doctors and still thrive to achieve more in life.

Please be sensible before painting a whole community in such a horrific themes and accusations with out a clue.

Reactions: Sultan

el3mel

United generate enough money without needing to sell their identity to Islamofascists; a few wise football-focused appointments would facilitate the restoration of the club’s competitive mentality.

Clubs should be focused on chasing the Arabs out of football via FFP, not inviting more into the game; Spurs and Liverpool have proven you can be competitive in the Premier League and Europe by investing and recycling your own money.

Frankly, small minds like yourself who would embrace Sharia for success are deplorable.
What a terrible post. Not surprised things like these don't get warnings there though. Behave.

Bojan11

What I found interesting but could be nothing was Fergie having lunch with class of 92 the other day but more importantly Peter Lim was there. Obviously Lim alone wouldn’t be able to afford it. But it is possible he could get a group of businessmen together to buy it it because let’s be honest it’s either a group of businessmen or Saudis.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
What's Richard Branson been into these days? I don't think even he can afford it by himself. The club will surely be valued at $5B+.

MDFC Manager

What I found interesting but could be nothing was Fergie having lunch with class of 92 the other day but more importantly Peter Lim was there. Obviously Lim alone wouldn’t be able to afford it. But it is possible he could get a group of businessmen together to buy it it because let’s be honest it’s either a group of businessmen or Saudis.
Rather persist with the Glazer's than have multiple cooks being brought in to destroy the already inedible broth.

Infra-red

£4 billion it seems. Only the likes of the Saudi's can pay something like.
There are plenty of Peter Lim types around who would be capable of scraping together a couple of billion and borrowing the rest. The Saudis will not be the only prospective buyers if the club really is for sale (indeed in the wake of recent events, they may not even be in at all) - there's every chance that any new owner will bring in debts that would make the Glazer's borrowings look like chicken feed.

Be careful what you wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.