Television The Shield

Sylar

It's a lazy comparison purely because they both have cops and gangsters. The Shield is frantic, entertaining TV about corrupt cops while The Wire is an ambitious, complex study of a city. They're chalk and cheese.
Both are great. You can like one and not the other, but same time, I liked them both and they are indeed different. Shield goes balls to the wall with the first episode. I was shocked at the end of the first ep with how it ended. Just let you know what type of a show its gonna be.

Moiraine

It's not like The Wire. Well, unless you say that both are gritty urban crime dramas, but that's it. I'd say it's more brutal and grimy than The Wire. I'd say it's more unrealistic, though deliberately so. Like others have said, it has a much better ending than The Wire, where the final season was probably the weakest. As pure entertainment, it works better than The Wire, where you have to stick with things to get into it.

It has a much grimmer view of people than The Wire. By the end of it, you'll think LA is a much worse cesspit than Baltimore, and than human beings are pretty awful. Haha.
Thanks my dear. Appreciated !!!

GloryHunter07

They took this off netflix before i could finish it, looking forward to finding it again.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I saw it was on Prime Video (which I recently discovered I had a subscription for) and felt compelled to have a re-watch. I'm 4 episodes in and forgot how tense it is right from the start. And it's very funny in parts, the writing is good. It gets a lot of stick for not being The Wire, but it's a bit of an empty criticism given how different the shows are and how they aim to achieve different things.