The shocking decline of Trent Alexander Arnold

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's brilliant from Klopp, this new role allows him to have the ball more and do far less defending. He's one of the best passers in the league and it's worrying seeing how much he and Liverpool have improved.
Brilliant my arse. If Klopp's brilliant then so am I and countless others.

Loads have been saying to just move him up the field. He wants to create and has zero interest in defending.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It took Klopp a long time to realise this didnt it?

Of course the one thing we havent seen is this against the better teams. In their run, its only been bottom half teams bar Brentford (1-0) and Spurs (who somehow threw away a 3-3).
The space is there (but its odd for me to say that as a United fan given ETH somehow thought putting bruno on the left, and rashford up top with Weghorst behind him was the way to hurt liverpool)
I have noticed this about him. He is extremely stubborn.

He threw away that season without van Dijk by playing midfielders at CB for half the season instead of the likes of Philips. They immediately improved when he stopped messing around, way too late.

He has done the same again here and I hope United can make him pay for waiting so long to change things up.

Every manager has his weaknesses, he is a fantastic coach, but this isn’t the first time he has been too stubborn to change and paid for it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I have noticed this about him. He is extremely stubborn.

He threw away that season without van Dijk by playing midfielders at CB for half the season instead of the likes of Philips. They immediately improved when he stopped messing around, way too late.

He has done the same again here and I hope United can make him pay for waiting so long to change things up.

Every manager has his weaknesses, he is a fantastic coach, but this isn’t the first time he has been too stubborn to change and paid for it.
He is stubborn, like picking Robertson for too many games when Tsimikas was doing better.

But the bolded part is where you have to worry. Once he's changed something it works fantastically well for for around two seasons before it's sussed.

Edit: as for TAA I thought he wouldn't cut it in midfield (crowded out, panic passing to nobody) but he has blown my mind. He's a better version of what we hoped Thiago might be. The reincarnation of Pirlo. :D

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is stubborn, like picking Robertson for too many games when Tsimikas was doing better.

But the bolded part is where you have to worry. Once he's changed something it works fantastically well for for around two seasons before it's sussed.

Edit: as for TAA I thought he wouldn't cut it in midfield (crowded out, panic passing to nobody) but he has blown my mind. He's a better version of what we hoped Thiago might be. The reincarnation of Pirlo. :D
Yeah, that’s why I am concerned. 7 wins in a row is ominous. Beating you guys out for top 4 really is crucial.

It’s a massive summer for Liverpool too though. Gakpo/Jota are good players, but it remains to be seen if they can be as ruthless as they were with Mane. I don’t think Darwin will ever be a good enough footballer in spite of his physical gifts.

Questions about van Dijk after the season he has had too, and it is absolutely crucial that they nail the midfield signings. Another Keita would be a disaster at this stage if they have any hope to getting back to the heights they were at.

It should be a very interesting summer at both clubs.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Was terrible for the villa goal.

Pundits saying he was terrible today.

cyberman

I know people focus on Trent but Diaz gets away with it big time. Doesn’t score or really assist, if he played for us he would be crucified on here

Tarrou

to be honest, it's truly visionary stuff from Klopp to see that a player who is absolutely shite at defending shouldn't be playing in defence

Diaz gets away with it big time. Doesn’t score or really assist, if he played for us he would be crucified on here
Disagree on Diaz. Between Jan 2022 and before the World Cup he was one of Liverpools most productive players.

He’s literally just returned from injury. He’s a top quality player. feck Liverpool.

Red Royal

Right at the end he put a ball across his own goal that Villa almost pounced on. That would have been hilarious if they scored from it.

cyberman

Disagree on Diaz. Between Jan 2022 and before the World Cup he was one of Liverpools most productive players.

He’s literally just returned from injury. He’s a top quality player. feck Liverpool.
Before the World Cup? He scored nearly all of his goals v Bournemouth! One assist or something as well.
He doesn’t cross well, doesn’t really score, isn’t a threat over the top.
He’s a hard worker but beyond that he’s famous for nearly scoring and being ‘Unlucky’ and that has disappeared for a long time as well.

bringbackbebe

Right at the end he put a ball across his own goal that Villa almost pounced on. That would have been hilarious if they scored from it.
That was crazy. Their revolution should start with benching TAA. He's the scouse Maguire.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He can’t even trap simple ten-yard passes anymore!

I also don’t think I’ve ever seen such a casual demeanour from a player who’s been dispossessed or ran past as what we frequently see from him. It’s astonishing.

arnie_ni

Throughout the course of the season he'll probably create more goals than he'll cause at the other end. But I'd wager the games he makes the mistakes they end up dropping points but the games he creates goals in and win due to that goal would be a lot less, thus actually costing his team points throughout the season.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He can’t even trap simple ten-yard passes anymore!

I also don’t think I’ve ever seen such a casual demeanour from a player who’s been dispossessed or ran past as what we frequently see from him. It’s astonishing.
it isn't. That was a hall mark of old school number 10s. He plays like and yet is used in the defensive third. Klopp plain indulges him.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
it isn't. That was a hall mark of old school number 10s. He plays like and yet is used in the defensive third. Klopp plain indulges him.
Seriously, it's get a room time with those two. Anyway, I'll be slated for this on RAWK in due course but this knock he picked up might show Klopp there is life beyond TAA.

His injury is not such great news for non-LFC fans.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is being sarcastic. In the "hybrid role" today he gifted Bournemouth a goal.

cyberman

He’s the same shit standard he was at last year alongside the rest of them.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Playing him inverted was a bad idea. I’d play him wide. Like really wide. Like outside the pitch wide.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Thought he was a CM these days...?

caid

Have they gotten any full back cover this season? Or is this going to be a weekly highlight?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A disaster of a defender. If he couldn’t strike a football, I doubt he would be playing in a top team.