The slip or getting sent off after 45 seconds?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The slip was memetastic and comedy gold.

Today's incident was an act of thuggery from a has-been.

Thisistheone

The slip will live on and never be forgotten. This was still pretty fecking funny though!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The slip was great

But today's was pretty special. His last ever game against us, on the pitch for 30 odd secounds, their fans really behind him and daring to dream of him turning the game around. It was kindve a beautiful moment that only football seems to be able serve up.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The slip will haunt him for the rest of his life, the stamp will merely come up when we play them for the next few years (perhaps only next year if they don't get top four).

The slip cost them the title that he's waited his entire career for and now will never get. So much more important to him and therefore so much funnier.

The stamps only really notable because it was 38 seconds into his final appearance against us.

Ibi Dreams

The slip is obviously a much bigger incident, but I think today's red card was funnier. It's honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen in football

ChaddyP

The slip, its sang about even by Villa fans playing stoke away :lol:. Its just the best thing to ever happen to football. The irony that went with it, you cant dream this stuff up really. With that said the stamp was funny too, :lol:, but slip all day for me

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The slip was beautiful. Just as Liverpool came close to glory again, their captain and player who deserved a Premier League slips over and it all went to shit after that. Brilliant.

AshfordLad

The "Slip" no doubt.

You could make a movie about that whole thing, the huddle, camera kiss, "this does not fecking slip lads", slips :lol::lol: , draw to palace, turning the camera away, banner reading "Giggs 13 - slippie 0".

That has to be a script written by the gods. As funny as #ThingsThatLastLongerThanGerrard is, it comes no where close to the slip.

Gannicus

The slip cost the scouse fukk the title, but the red card was pure genius. In the history of the game has a player ever been sent off quicker than Steven Gerrard?

space

The slip definitely, it was too perfect, that GIF with his slip, Ferguson faded in the background and Pulis laughing is the most perfect football GIF ever.

The stamp is a nice second, the final will be scoring against Liverpool and knocking them out of the Europa while being on loan to Celtic.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
The slip will always live on. The pure hilarity of him actually saying 'this does not slip' before then slipping away the league title, it's genius. It's a one in a million thing and it couldn't have happened to a better person.

Plus Stampy G doesn't sound as good.

Yep. Beautifully summarized in this sentence.

Friendly reminder that Steven Gerrard said "this does not slip" to his team-mates after beating Manchester City last season when Liverpool were in the driving seat to win their first title in 24 year, before he literally slipped to let Demba Ba score, resulting in a home defeat, before they threw away a 3-0 lead at Crystal Palace, meaning that the first time in Premier League history that Liverpool went into the final day of the season with a mathematical chance of winning the league but with no hope of winning it whatsoever, meaning they finished in second place, ultimately choked their best ever chance at the title, and decided to write a book about it being some sort of success before selling off their best player and replacing him with Rickie Lambert.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Yep. Beautifully summarized in this sentence.

Friendly reminder that Steven Gerrard said "this does not slip" to his team-mates after beating Manchester City last season when Liverpool were in the driving seat to win their first title in 24 year, before he literally slipped to let Demba Ba score, resulting in a home defeat, before they threw away a 3-0 lead at Crystal Palace, meaning that the first time in Premier League history that Liverpool went into the final day of the season with a mathematical chance of winning the league but with no hope of winning it whatsoever, meaning they finished in second place, ultimately choked their best ever chance at the title, and decided to write a book about it being some sort of success before selling off their best player and replacing him with Rickie Lambert.
It's like the most magical comedy script that not even the most ardent of United fans would believe could happen.

So deliciously perfect from start to finish.

diarm

I'm probably going to be crucified for this...

The stamp was thuggish and fully deserving of a red, and I laughed wholeheartedly at last seasons slip.
But I do feel a bit for the guy. I hate that I do but can't help it.

Very good player, great captain and a one club man who gave his all to his club.
He probably deserved a bit better than what has been a fairly shitty final year for him.

NWOntario

The slip, although that doesn't diminish the stamp. It's like claiming The Godfather 2 isn't a masterpiece because it's not quite as good as the original.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
I'm probably going to be crucified for this...

The stamp was thuggish and fully deserving of a red, and I laughed wholeheartedly at last seasons slip.
But I do feel a bit for the guy. I hate that I do but can't help it.

Very good player, great captain and a one club man who gave his all to his club.
He probably deserved a bit better than what has been a fairly shitty final year for him.
That's rubbish. I get what you're saying but he went in to prove he's Liverpool through and through.
But I've watched the game twice and in real time out looks like he's broke his leg.

I was watching it with six people and everyone went omg he's snapped his leg.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I think in the future he'll be seen by Liverpool fans in a similar way to how some United fans view Keane.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The slip off course, after the "We do not let this slip"

The red card is only funny for us, but the slip is universal

I think in the future he'll be seen by Liverpool fans in a similar way to how some United fans view Keane.
They already started a silent whisper on his later years, how he hold back the team. The worms will crawl out when he's properly out of LFC

diarm

That's rubbish. I get what you're saying but he went in to prove he's Liverpool through and through.
But I've watched the game twice and in real time out looks like he's broke his leg.

I was watching it with six people and everyone went omg he's snapped his leg.
100% agree. It was a scumbag tackle.
I'm just talking about the bigger picture.

We've had big players who've had moments of madness as well.
I just feel a bit of empathy for a guy that in his last year at his hometown club, he has:

1) Suffered the slip that "lost them the title" he never managed to win.
2) Lost his starting place in the team
3) Had a moment of madness in his final game against their biggest rivals

diarm

The difference being that although Keane did a few terrible things, he also drove us to several league titles.
Gerrard has never managed to do that.
One fluked European cup will not be enough to blur the memory of his bad moments.