Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Okay, checked my team.

Need a keeper, a winger, and a central midfielder. All 83+, no problems if they are on loan.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Okay, checked my team.

Need a keeper, a winger, and a central midfielder. All 83+, no problems if they are on loan.
I don't think you need a keeper unless you're planning on getting rid of Buffon. Keepers don't get injured or suspended and they don't lose much in fitness so you can manage playing just the one keeper in all matches with no problems.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'd get rid of at least one of your sellable assets. Bring in some substantial cash and then you can reinvest in bringing some players in. You will struggle big time with that small squad.

Damien

Staff
Roughly, how many games are played in one season?
38 league games plus a minimum 2 cup games (cup and shield) unless you are in Europe in which case you would play more. If you advance in the cup and shield then of course you'd play more games. I played about 41 last season but I didn't do well in the cup competitions.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
:lol: Get fecked you little shits, eyeing up those bids I should comfortably get Gylfi

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
feck ya'll :lol: I started out with the smallest budget and worst crop of players of every single team in the league and still avoided relegation!

Slevs

38 league games plus a minimum 2 cup games (cup and shield) unless you are in Europe in which case you would play more. If you advance in the cup and shield then of course you'd play more games. I played about 41 last season but I didn't do well in the cup competitions.
I see. Hmm.

Add an 80+ left back on loan on that previous list.

Slevs

Apologies for all the questions, but do players retire? Is there a specific age?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Apologies for all the questions, but do players retire? Is there a specific age?
All based on real life, if a player retires tomorrow you will need to replace them in game.

Big Andy

Bloke
feck ya'll :lol: I started out with the smallest budget and worst crop of players of every single team in the league and still avoided relegation!
You might have gone down if I'd had a bit longer in charge of Wigan...

Big Andy

Bloke
Not seen my start yet, can someone be so kind as to post up my first 10 or so fixtures...

Damien

Staff
I see. Hmm.

Add an 80+ left back on loan on that previous list.
In the gap between Sunday and Thursday your players that aren't injured should be fully healed, but in the gap between Thursday and Sunday's games you'll find there are some players who aren't at 100% fitness.

When the cup games are on they're on the Tuesday and they do sap some fitness so it is recommended that, when possible, the squad is rotated for those games and a second string is put out if you can play one.

Damien

Staff
Not seen my start yet, can someone be so kind as to post up my first 10 or so fixtures...
Sun 12 Aug Divisão 2 [A] - Nottingham Forest
Thu 16 Aug Divisão 2 [H] - Middlesbrough
Sun 19 Aug Divisão 2 [H] - Preston North End
Thu 23 Aug Divisão 2 [A] - Crystal Palace
Sun 26 Aug Divisão 2 [H] - Reading
Tue 28 Aug The Red Cafe League Cup Round 1 [A] - Stoke City
Thu 30 Aug Divisão 2 [A] - Hull City
Sun 2 Sep Divisão 2 [H] - Bristol City
Tue 4 Sep The Red Cafe League Shield Round 1 [H] - Accrington Stanley
Thu 6 Sep Divisão 2 [A] - West Ham United
Sun 9 Sep Divisão 2 [H] - Doncaster Rovers
Thu 13 Sep Divisão 2 [A] - Leicester City
Sun 16 Sep Divisão 2 [H] - Cardiff City
Thu 20 Sep Divisão 2 [A] - Ipswich Town
Sun 23 Sep Divisão 2 [H] - Derby County
Thu 27 Sep Divisão 2 [A] - Barnsley
Sun 30 Sep Divisão 2 [H] - Queens Park Rangers
Thu 4 Oct Divisão 2 [A] - Norwich City
Sun 7 Oct Divisão 2 [H] - Burnley
Thu 11 Oct Divisão 2 [A] - Birmingham City
Sun 14 Oct Divisão 2 [H] - Blackpool

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Fair enough mine was around £8.5m.
Thats from memory anyway. Think originally it was Zaha and 1 million. Then when all the other bids came in decided to go higher just to be sure. Think the chairman valued Zaha about 9 million.

cj_sparky

Thats from memory anyway. Think originally it was Zaha and 1 million. Then when all the other bids came in decided to go higher just to be sure. Think the chairman valued Zaha about 9 million.
Kyle Da Silva was valued at £1.5m, my chairman thinks he is worth £340k :lol:

Slevs

I have Marcelo Diaz a 85 CM and Ryan Mendes da Graca a 84 Wing/Fwd, if you want them on loan.
I'll take that central midfielder.

Upon further inspection, it seems I'm good on wingers. I could use another central midfielder though.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
We'll see. The player you've added is an 80-rated wing/forward, and Juve has a dozen wings and forwards above that rating. Chairman value might not be as high as you think.
the highest offer gets accepted if I'm not mistaken, my offer worked out over 6mill anyways as dictated by their chairman. 6.2mill or something like that.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Against Luton Town. You don't see me bragging about beating Blackpool four-nil, and they're only ONE division below me!
You're Liverpool Excal, you should be trouncing us poor Div2 Teams. Besides this was my second string team. Only my goalkeeper from my 1st team.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You played four 80 rated players and the rest 86-88. Luton Town don't have a player above 73 in the squad.
Its my cup team Excal. I'm using these friendlies to try them out ready for the Cups. Y'know, use the friendlies wisely. But thanks for making my point, I do indeed have a strong squad :)

Excal

And shockingly, your cup side was in fact able to handle a squad rated 14 points less than theirs. :lol:

Sent you a friendly challenge for next week. If you agree, we'll play no outfield players from the 1st teams.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Drew 3-3 with Southampton, think it's decent.