Forwards
Lionel Messi (99)
Antoine Griezmann (93)
Anthony Martial (89)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Where to? Not many clubs looking for a LB
Arsenal have been tracking him since forever. Madrid seem likely to go after Wendell so that leaves Leverkusen short of a LB as well. Heck, even Everton might need one with Baines reaching pensioner status. Tottenham could do with a decent option to push Rose.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It's the hope that kills you, especially with Arsenal. I remember last season hoping they'd sign Guerreiro but instead they stuck with Monreal. Would be funny if they signed Guerreiro in the summer.

Spurs seem happy enough with Davies. They could do with better options at both RB and LB but seem content with what they have.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's the hope that kills you, especially with Arsenal. I remember last season hoping they'd sign Guerreiro but instead they stuck with Monreal. Would be funny if they signed Guerreiro in the summer.

Spurs seem happy enough with Davies. They could do with better options at both RB and LB but seem content with what they have.
Davies simply isn't good enough going forward to fit with Pochs system imo.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Yeesh, after the first ten league fixtures I'll probably be in the relegation zone
You'll stroll past me at the very least. Fully expecting the champions curse, hope to clear relegation this season.

Do the players lose any fitness in my two games before our league game?

The Stain

Don't think so. Been a while since I last won a European cup.
Hmm, well, i'll play the kids in the first game and we'll find out if we can play first teams. But it would make sense if our players wouldn't lose fitness.

Damien

Staff
Hmm, well, i'll play the kids in the first game and we'll find out if we can play first teams. But it would make sense if our players wouldn't lose fitness.
I'm pretty sure as all three fixtures are close together. I remember having to make a choice between putting a first team out in the Shield or the league but don't remember having to be worried about that for the Super Cup

Damien

Staff
Prediction time!

Division 1: Tottenham Hotspur
League Cup: Nottingham Forest
League Shield: Manchester United
Charity Shield: Tottenham Hotspur
Super Cup: Everton
Champions Cup: Everton
SMFA Shield: Arsenal

The Stain

The ones with gold will win the european cups. Might have a pop at a domestic cup this season.

Damien

Staff
The ones with gold will win the european cups. Might have a pop at a domestic cup this season.
Wolves and United are the only teams in Europe with gold. Can't see either winning the Champions Cup. You winning the Champions Cup is a logical progression from you winning the SMFA Shield. Happened to me - S8: SMFA Shield, S9: SMFA Super Cup, S10: Champions Cup. It happened to Forest too - S6: SMFA Shield, S7: SMFA Super Cup, S7: Champions Cup. Think you'll go along the Forest route (he did win the Charity Shield too).

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
Theory time!

Like players who are given different rating based on potential (hence different value between 2 players with same age and rating), clubs are put in different tiers too

Big clubs (in real life) like Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool are expected to challenge for titles every season, hence chairman will give them funds (cash injection) to achieve it

Manchester United (in SM) is the biggest club in this game world. Most titles, largest stadium, highest squad value, so chairman won't give anything extra

Other division 1 clubs may have stadium increase and/or cash injection depending on their success in SM (may be significant less than those real-life big clubs)

Small clubs (in real life) like MKD and Bristol City won't get anything from chairman even when they achieve promotion to Div 1 in SM. They may need to survive the drop for at least 1 season before they can get anything from chairman (hence SM comment about clubs getting financial boost if they continue to gain success)

But that's just my theory. A GS theory