g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming The SM RedCafe League

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
That's the badger. Cheers. Want to check out/remember how they did drafting for research purposes. :)
You want to implement a drafting system for new leagues? Not sure that site will help you but i can give you suggestions.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
:lol: I'll be recalling after the match tonight. Just want to see the impact on wages.

Dom Gill

I fecking missed the loans this week :( gutted really as I am losing £800k a week, which is obviously unsustainable. :(
It is rubbish. I think though changes may make available more youngsters and mean better scouting. I know my youth team is large and I will have to sell people too. Hopefully clear rules with a gentlemans agreement will come in but it may be too late for some, all caused by the game breaking.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
It is rubbish. I think though changes may make available more youngsters and mean better scouting. I know my youth team is large and I will have to sell people too. Hopefully clear rules with a gentlemans agreement will come in but it may be too late for some, all caused by the game breaking.
Yup, I'm not sure how I will survive this season, and if I sell my youngsters, well then what's the point of the game? I will have wasted the last 18 months and all the hard scouting work I (I mean @The Stain) did. FML! I wouldn't mind but yesterday I must have missed the loans by literally seconds, and all the ones I have out are low wages and low end of the ratings, where all the ones I missed were my mid to high 80's rated players, and the ones who would have saved me real money if they were loaned out :(

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yup, I'm not sure how I will survive this season, and if I sell my youngsters, well then what's the point of the game? I will have wasted the last 18 months and all the hard scouting work I (I mean @The Stain) did. FML! I wouldn't mind but yesterday I must have missed the loans by literally seconds, and all the ones I have out are low wages and low end of the ratings, where all the ones I missed were my mid to high 80's rated players, and the ones who would have saved me real money if they were loaned out :(
If my squad wasn't full, I'd loan someone from you just to help you out. If Stain accepts one of my offers I'd be able to loan someone from you though *hint hint*

langster

Scout
If my squad wasn't full, I'd loan someone from you just to help you out. If Stain accepts one of my offers I'd be able to loan someone from you though *hint hint*
:lol: Thanks mate, it's ok though, you don't have to if you don't want to, I didn't mean to make anyone feel like they had to help :lol: I will try to sort it, it's just really difficult trying to get promotion AND having youngsters for the future that I will have to compete with. I have a good 20 I think will be top world class players, or have the potential to and that will help me compete with you lot in a couple of years or so.

BTW, I didn't mean to sound like I was bitching in an angry way, just pointing out the problems Div 2 clubs have. It's such a competitive league and each year it gets harder, especially with the teams who get relegated as they often have better squads and have cash from being in the top division. That and there is a severe lack of 90+ rated players. In a strange way its a good thing because It's keeping me on my toes and I have to think about everything I do, which keeps it being fun.

We'll have a vote but next season I'm pretty sure option 2 will be in place. Seems fairest on all.
Yeah, I like option 2. I think 13 players is ok for me to loan out, as long as I ensured it was my higher rated ones.

langster

Scout
Wow, I thought the last one was a decent offer @Damien. That fecker TS is a hard one to bargain with isn't he? It's clear he wants the Earth for his players, yet when he steals youngsters from everyone, you might as well end up paying him to take them :lol:

Damien

Staff
Wow, I thought the last one was a decent offer @Damien. That fecker TS is a hard one to bargain with isn't he? It's clear he wants the Earth for his players, yet when he steals youngsters from everyone, you might as well end up paying him to take them :lol:
Indeed. Unal is a top forward talent.

Unal had already attracted scouts from across the continent by the time he was 16 after scoring a ridiculous 182 goals in 110 appearances for the Bursaspor reserves. His international record was equally impressive having found the back of the net 24 times in 25 matches for Turkey at the under-16 level and making his debut with the senior side at the age of 17.
Unal showed glimpses early on that he was capable of making the transition from youth to senior football and at 16 became the youngest player to score in the Turkish top-tier when he scored against giants Galatasaray on Aug. 25, 2013. The powerful striker was already starting to break into the Bursaspor first team when City snapped him up in 2015 and he left the Green Crocodiles having already scored seven senior goals.
Unal faced an awkward predicament in England. He dreamt of playing Premier League football as a kid and despite getting his big move the FA ruling on non-EU players made him ineligible to play.
Unal scored a "perfect hat trick" in the 4-3 victory over Groningen in just his second Eredivisie game. His dream start won over the home faithful which in turn further boosted his confidence.

Unal told ESPN FC: "I feel joining Twente was the right decision, they are a big club with a great fan base and I am gaining experience playing regular top-tier football. The support received from the fans and club has been amazing and really gave me the self belief to settle in and grow."

The 19-year-old went through a physical transformation over the summer. He was always a powerful striker but he is stronger, more agile and has more stamina than he did during the last campaign. Unal was compared to Zlatan Ibrahimovic in terms of his playing style when he first joined City and this season he has started to show why. He has impressive technical ability for his size and is capable of playing as a lone striker or in a supporting role.
Unal already has 11 goals in all competitions for Twente this season and only Nicolai Jorgensen has scored more in the Eredivisie. The Turkish international is starting to prove himself as a lethal finisher with goals from inside and outside the box, from set-pieces and aerial balls. Unal has a veracious thirst for knowledge off the field as well and has been learning English and Dutch in order to help the settling in process and learn from his coaches.
Under the current rules of the English FA he will have to wait until he is at least 21 to get his work permit but there is a chance that he could be granted permission earlier. "The problem is he needs to fill the national team appearances quota to get his work permit, the only other option is if he continues playing at this level until the end of the season which could result in the FA giving him a special exemption to play in the Premier League," Altiparmak said.

langster

Scout
Indeed. Unal is a top forward talent.
Yeah, he's already had an amazing season so far and scored at least 3 wonder goals. How he's valued so low is beyond me, I guess because they haven't rated Holland yet. I expect him to rise at least 4, maybe 5 when they do. Although knowing SM he will probably only rise 2 or 3. :(

Damien

Staff
Yeah, he's already had an amazing season so far and scored at least 3 wonder goals. How he's valued so low is beyond me, I guess because they haven't rated Holland yet. I expect him to rise at least 4, maybe 5 when they do. Although knowing SM he will probably only rise 2 or 3. :(
He was reviewed last month. Got a grand total of +1 from 82 to 83.

langster

Scout
He was reviewed last month. Got a grand total of +1 from 82 to 83.
You what? :lol: That's not even funny, it certainly doesn't make any sense. Mind you, it's SM, of course it doesn't make sense. Ah well, I should think he will rise again when they review the Netherlands. Fingers crossed for you there.

Damien

Staff
You what? :lol: That's not even funny, it certainly doesn't make any sense. Mind you, it's SM, of course it doesn't make sense. Ah well, I should think he will rise again when they review the Netherlands. Fingers crossed for you there.
Yeah, @RedSky's system was more generous - +2 from 82 to 84, and that was in November. May be another increase since.

Damien

Staff
Yeah, that's a bit better, but I still think he should be higher. No worries though, he WILL be sooner or later. He's destined for greatness, that's for sure.
Hope so. Got a few good young strikers - Milik (injured, returning this weekend hopefully), Ünal, Mina (one of only decent points in a shit Valencia side).

langster

Scout
Hope so. Got a few good young strikers - Milik (injured, returning this weekend hopefully), Ünal, Mina (one of only decent points in a shit Valencia side).
Yeah, Mina is a decent prospect too. You have a decent side and some great youth players. Mind you I think most of the first division teams have great depth and lots of decent youth players. I can't blame you for not selling them to be honest.