g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The state of Guardiola | Regrets Redmond incident

Zoo

The bitterness will continue
Don’t act like you’re above it. You never miss an opportunity when it comes to Jose, the latest being in the thread about Cantona’s comments.

Treble

Don't think it's comparable tbh. Jose is a cnut but some of Pep's movements are just downright odd. Random twitches and playing with his face, repeating questions, fake smiles, laughing and congratulating a player and literally screaming in his face a second after. His actions aren't normal, winner or not.

Otherwise we can exempt Jose for all the wrong he's done and simply say it's because he is 'passionate' and a 'winner'. It's bollocks. When someone is a cnut, they're a cnut.
What does "not normal" mean here? A man with serious mental issues wouldn't captain Barcelona and manage the best squads in the world with such success. His style requires extraordinary intensity and with come some strange outbursts or reactions as well. The only reason why this thread exists is that he manages City. If he was doing exactly the same here this thread wouldn't exist and the top reds including you would be firmly behind him enjoying every bit of it.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Don’t act like you’re above it. You never miss an opportunity when it comes to Jose, the latest being in the thread about Cantona’s comments.
Cantona's comments were of course primarily about Guardiola though

As for Mourinho, just look at the recent speculation about Angel Gomes. If the situations were reversed, not sure there would be much talk about the player considering his options to leave when the first team coach is known for bringing along young players - I suspect, they want to play for him. Just one of many differences between the two coaches and it'll always be like that, not sure you can have a preference for both - it is fairly black & white between the two

Womp

idiot
What does "not normal" mean here? A man with serious mental issues wouldn't captain Barcelona and manage the best squads in the world with such success. His style requires extraordinary intensity and with come some strange outbursts or reactions as well. The only reason why this thread exists is that he manages City. If he was doing exactly the same here this thread wouldn't exist and the top reds including you would be firmly behind him enjoying every bit of it.
What does his achievements as a manager have to do with anything? You can be brilliant at your job and still be a fecking nutter. In fact I’d bet most hugely successful people are.

Also no, I wouldn’t. I think it’s petty tbh. I appreciate some drama and shit but I generally just dislike people in general who portray that passive aggressive shit. I don’t like when Jose does, nor would I like it when Pep does it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Well he's the guy who said Guardiola had a better 2011-12 season when Real won the league under Mourinho, because he won MORE trophies and included two Supercups and Club World Cup.

Sarni

As for Mourinho, just look at the recent speculation about Angel Gomes. If the situations were reversed, not sure there would be much talk about the player considering his options to leave when the first team coach is known for bringing along young players - I suspect, they want to play for him. Just one of many differences between the two coaches and it'll always be like that, not sure you can have a preference for both - it is fairly black & white between the two
Do you realize Sancho left City last season under pretty much identical circumstances?

They were managed by beautiful Pep of course, so it doesn't matter.

Womp

idiot

Was this just like Sancho who actually left for Dortmund? As opposed to Gomes who is purely speculation?

How many academy players has Pep given a chance to this season? Generally curious. I highly doubt it’s much more than Jose has this season, if at all.

Womp

idiot
Well he's the guy who said Guardiola had a better 2011-12 season when Real won the league under Mourinho, because he won MORE trophies and included two Supercups and Club World Cup.
Yet when we use the Europa and League cup it’s laughed at. Hilarious.

Sarni

Yet when we use the Europa and League cup it’s laughed at. Hilarious.
Yeah it didn't work the other way around when we won two trophies last season to Pep's zero. It only worked in 2011-12, back then the quality of the trophy did not matter, only the amount did.

Actually I should have said 3-0 to Jose last season as we also won Community Shield, which did count towards Pep's amazing 2011-12 season. Even if Pep wins Premier League and Champions League this season, Mourinho will still have had better first two years (3-2).

Treble

What does his achievements as a manager have to do with anything? You can be brilliant at your job and still be a fecking nutter. In fact I’d bet most hugely successful people are.

Also no, I wouldn’t. I think it’s petty tbh. I appreciate some drama and shit but I generally just dislike people in general who portray that passive aggressive shit. I don’t like when Jose does, nor would I like it when Pep does it.
I'm talking only about posts suggesting mental health problems or drugs. That's bad form.

Whether he is being a cnut in his behaviour is another question.

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
Yeah it didn't work the other way around when we won two trophies last season to Pep's zero. It only worked in 2011-12, back then the quality of the trophy did not matter, only the amount did.

Actually I should have said 3-0 to Jose last season as we also won Community Shield, which did count towards Pep's amazing 2011-12 season. Even if Pep wins Premier League and Champions League this season, Mourinho will still have had better first two years (3-2).
Doesn’t matter if City win the league, if we win the League cup and the FA Cup we’ve had a better season. Good stuff.

Womp

idiot
I'm talking only about posts suggesting mental health problems or drugs. That's bad form. Or stupidity.

Whether he is being a cnut in his behaviour is another question.
Fair enough. I said he was on drugs but it was mostly tongue in cheek. Whether or not he is doesn’t concern me, nor do I care tbh. Was said in jest as I’m sure was the case for most posters.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Not only because but also because they beat RM home & away & knocked them out of the CDR - outplaying but losing to Chelsea changed little as some of Barcelona's best play under Pep came in that season. The same season where Tito & Abidal became ill & Villa broke his leg

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Do you realize Sancho left City last season under pretty much identical circumstances?

They were managed by beautiful Pep of course, so it doesn't matter.
Not at all, Sancho & his advisers wanted playing assurances and few coaches would ensure that for a 17 year old. His was more a case of money and 'managers' pushing to make a deal than not being counted on

Still doesn't seem to have found any regular minutes at Dortmund either

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe thats just how he is guys, he doesn't have to be mentally ill.
These internet pseudo-psychologists diagnosing Guardiola with mental illness of sorts not only show their own ignorance and lack of depth, but also show why the the stereotype that the majority of football fans occupy the lower end of the bell curve exists. Mental illness is not a tool or a label to use as an insult to have a dig at someone you don't like.

Treble

These internet pseudo-psychologists diagnosing Guardiola with mental illness of sorts not only show their own ignorance and lack of depth, but also show why the the stereotype that the majority of football fans occupy the lower end of the bell curve exists. Mental illness is not a tool or a label to use as an insult to have a dig at someone you don't like.
Spot on.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Was this just like Sancho who actually left for Dortmund? As opposed to Gomes who is purely speculation?

How many academy players has Pep given a chance to this season? Generally curious. I highly doubt it’s much more than Jose has this season, if at all.
Far too early to assess how he's brought along youth or not at City but I think he's done the right thing in loaning out these players to give them more playing time rather than languishing in the reserves where little competition exists. Maffeo, Roberts & Moreno in particular. Foden, Nmecha, Tosin & Brahim have all had 1st team action this season but we're also talking about a City team that is already very young

Irrational.

I can't wait until City have a bad run of results like around Christmas last year.

He won't be at City long term and is just waiting to be tipped over the edge. Hope we pull out every trick in the book when we play them and score via a dodgy decision and a bad first touch.

Varun

Staff
I'm amazed people here still take FCBarca seriously. Just read this page when he takes a dig at Mourinho re Gomes and the hilarious excuses once people remind him of Sancho. You're literally wasting Internet bandwidth and oxygen when you discuss anything vaguely related to Pep or Mourinho when it comes to this guy.

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
Maybe thats just how he is guys, he doesn't have to be mentally ill.
I think your spot on mate.

Must admit ive read The police need to speak to him about the Redmond incident, straight jacket, Needs to pack the game in, all these top managers have their flaws and are abused on every football forum going. Mourinho. Pep. Klopp. Wenger. Conte. They are all crazy feckers. Its true too.

Crashoutcassius

Question

Versus City next week would you rather we get a 1 nil win playing nice football or a 1 nil where we park the bus to an extreme amount, play felli lukaku and ibra up top and launch big balls and score from knock down on our one attack in the 89th min if it led to Pep having a melter for the ages?

Untied

This. He's a bloody good manager and I used to think he was a gent but he's clearly a bit of a twat.

Wouldn't be bothered about that if I were a city fan though. A lot of people of this level of success are of extreme conscientiousness.
He was always a drug cheat

Kostov

Question

Versus City next week would you rather we get a 1 nil win playing nice football or a 1 nil where we park the bus to an extreme amount, play felli lukaku and ibra up top and launch big balls and score from knock down on our one attack in the 89th min if it led to Pep having a melter for the ages?
The latter, a 96th minute winner by Fellaini from an offside position while he elbows Aguero in the process would be ideal.

Varun

Staff
Question

The former.

redsquad

Pep is becoming more unlikeable by the day, I'm glad people are seeing the true pep. I've never understood how many people despise Jose for being a cnut and hail pep as some sort of classy and humble guy, he is a pretender.
Also quite unprofessional of pep to call out other manager's playstyle and tactics after spending half a billion and having more than 100m bench players every week.Does he expect Southampton to just leave open gaps in defense so that it makes his billion dollar team to score easily,how entitled can some people be?might as well allow him to pick tactics for opposing teams then.I hope we beat him in the derby and they collapse would be sight to watch his smug face in tears.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Question

Later. Because it'll have the added benefit of Pep getting wound up by our style of play.

TheOrgazoid

Question

Whatever it takes for Pep to have a breakdown and try to hump his favorite bowl of paella.

Sarni

Not at all, Sancho & his advisers wanted playing assurances and few coaches would ensure that for a 17 year old. His was more a case of money and 'managers' pushing to make a deal than not being counted on

Still doesn't seem to have found any regular minutes at Dortmund either
Gomes is also 17. How is that different?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Just to give the OP some context.

Obviously waving around accusations of mental illness is a bit OTT but this is a manager who famously walked away from his dream job because he said he couldn’t take the stress of it any more. So I can’t see the problem in analysing his behaviour to see if there’s any signs of an imminent meltdown. Even if this does hurt the feelings of his resident uber-fans.

Have to say the signs are encouraging. Based on this clip anyway.

Sarni

Far too early to assess how he's brought along youth or not at City but I think he's done the right thing in loaning out these players to give them more playing time rather than languishing in the reserves where little competition exists. Maffeo, Roberts & Moreno in particular. Foden, Nmecha, Tosin & Brahim have all had 1st team action this season but we're also talking about a City team that is already very young
Well Mourinho did a very good job loaning out Pereira too, and he has given McTominay action too.