The Super League is disbanding / Ed Woodward Resigning

Djemba-Djemba

Seems like everyone throwing their toys out of the pram kicking and screaming worked. Yet they’ll fail to see the hypocrisy of the current UEFA monopoly.
Nobody thinks UEFA are angels and great.

It's fecking better than this Super League bollocks though

Gasolin

Not a chance.

They've suffered massive damage from this. The Super League plans we know they've been working on for years have now been stymied, they've suffered massive reputational damage, they've burned bridges with both UEFA and other clubs and they've guaranteed measures will be put in place to prevent something like this happening again.

I get people think it's clever to suggest it was all a ploy that they are clever enough to see through but there comes a point where cynicism is just delusion and conspiracy theorising.

There's no 4D chess here. These clubs have done damage to themselves by botching an attempt at creating a Super League. It's as straightforward as that.
I agree, there is no way this is a simple ploy. It's not that simple. They tried and learned that the rest of the world has another view on what sports is compared to North America.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not a chance.

They've suffered massive damage from this. The Super League plans we know they've been working on for years have now been stymied, they've suffered massive reputational damage, they've burned bridges with both UEFA and other clubs and they've guaranteed measures will be put in place to prevent something like this happening again.

I get people think it's clever to suggest it was all a ploy that they are clever enough to see through but there comes a point where cynicism is just delusion and conspiracy theorising.

There's no 4D chess here. These clubs have done damage to themselves by botching an attempt at creating a Super League. It's as straightforward as that.
PSG, Bayern and Dortmund disagree. Keep in mind that they were all in those meetings but left the others hang to dry. :lol:

DoomSlayer

The fans support the embodiment of the club, which is the players. To know that they stood up and reflected our feelings against the very people we oppose, is just a very heartwarming feeling.
Yes, this is a legendary moment, if true!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Really awkward if Levy relied on the ESL cash to sack Jose :lol:

Renegade

They’ll attack again. This ain’t over! Funny to think Woodward resigned from his role in the ECA or whatever it was.

Glazers/Woodward’s position is untenable now.

Gasolin

PSG, Bayern and Dortmund disagree. Keep in mind that they were all in those meetings but left the others hang to dry. :lol:
Them, and the teams that did not speak too much about it, are the smartest in the room. We have some of the clumsiest owners in world football.

Devil may care

Seems like everyone throwing their toys out of the pram kicking and screaming worked. Yet they’ll fail to see the hypocrisy of the current UEFA monopoly.
Nobody is saying UEFA are saints, they are saying this ESL was much worse.

Jev

Excellent power play by the elite, who will succeed in probably what they wanted all along and get fantastic ‘compromise’ terms which was probably their move all along. They have played UEFA and FIFA beautifully I suspect. They have shown their teeth and I suspect this move will get them what they want.
The dirty dozen have won nothing from this. They may get some concessions from UEFA but they overplayed their hand. It has become apparent that these clubs are not as powerful as they think and that the football community can and will unite to counter their cynicism. They have lost big here.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'd kill to be in the next meeting between Ceferin, Woodward and Agnelli. :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Them, and the teams that did not speak too much about it, are the smartest in the room. We have some of the clumsiest owners in world football.
Farmers have street wisdom.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Fantastic news, I just hope the fans don’t just forget about it and move on though,

make these scumbag owners Pay.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The dirty dozen have won nothing from this. They may get some concessions from UEFA but they overplayed their hand. It has become apparent that these clubs are not as powerful as they think and that the football community can and will unite to counter their cynicism. They have lost big here.
There should be punishments and NO concessions.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This was too easy, I smell a rat. Anyway lets get rid of Woodward and the Glazers!

Gasolin

It's not over until it's over. Until United pull out officially this should not be over, and even if they pull over, we need to confront the Glazers and take them out. I hope the 50+1 rule kicks in.

JBD-dane

United will not withdraw. This will be disbanded so all 12 team at once will go out (as a team).

peridigm

If you think Manchester United have withdrawn because of Harry McGuire's reaction then I pity you :lol:
The players could have threatened to not play. I was hoping they would strike if the clubs did not back down.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
I hope for all our sakes that we can get 50+1 in every league (yes that includes the few that go around that rule in bundesliga).

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'm not celebrating until it's official but looks like great news.

I can't decide though if the best part of it going down the drain is the big FU to the likes of Perez and the Glazers or if it's simply knowing that there will be an end to all the false equivalence BS about greedy players that's been spouted on here for the last two days.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should be just the start this, the Glazers are scum, and they've gone too far this time. It's time for the Government to do something and stop allowing these American Billionaires run our game and run our clubs.