The Super League is disbanding / Ed Woodward Resigning

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I think the reason why the spanish clubs haven't withdrawn is because they'll sue the others for breach of contract worth hundreds of millions. You don't sign a contract one day going into hundreds of pages and withdraw the next day without consequences.

You can bet your arse our transfer kitty will be going to madrid and barcelona.

Gasolin

I think the reason why the spanish clubs haven't withdrawn is because they'll sue the others for breach of contract worth hundreds of millions. You don't sign a contract one day going into hundreds of pages and withdraw the next day without consequences.

But are they not suing the English clubs then? or what am I missing?

Complete bollocks. Pretty sure Athletic Madrid are Spanish in any case…

Gasolin

So the Spanish clubs think they can sue the EPL clubs, huh? Good luck proving that your platform was even sustainable.

redrobed

Too many Netflix documentaries for you my friend

TsuWave

I'd hazard a guess that the legal counsels at all the clubs that have withdrawn are closer to the issue than VidaRed at redcafe.net

It's a non-existing competition, the agreements are likely not legally binding

Gasolin

I hear Athletico wants out and Barcelona will ask the socios, Inter has announced they're no more interested in the project, and Milan wants out. So what now? Is it going to be a league of 2 teams?

Munkehboi

So it will be the El Clasico Super League World Series final - best of 9 games! My monies on Real beating Barca 5-4 in games to take the debut Super League title.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I hear Athletico wants out and Barcelona will ask the socios, Inter has announced they're no more interested in the project, and Milan wants out. So what now? Is it going to be a league of 2 teams?
We will have Real vs Juventus every week then :drool:

Bondi77

We mock him but Maguire has never felt as much as a leader if that's true. Good to see Shaw as another leader. Bruno, Pogba, Cavani, Rashford... I feel like we have some good leadership in that team.
Why Pogba?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Complete and total bollocks.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If only they'd done their homework. They could easily have hit up Mr. Friedel back in the US. Would have saved them all the trouble.

Bondi77

He is a leader in this team, despite what the fanbase seems to say, and he has served as captain in a recent game. I wouldn't be surprised he is listened very much.
So is Mctominay and I imagine Lindelof is as well.
I just find it strange how you mention Pogba and Cavani when it is doubtful that they will even be here next season

Jericho

Is Woodward resigning because of the super league fiasco? If so then it wasn't all for naught.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Now that it's all done and dusted.......i feel kinda sad for the SL 12 clubs and the masterminds behind it.

I thought they had it figured out.

To be fair, wasn't a bad plan from them, you know, business wise. After all, it's all business to them, and to be fair, it's actually all the business that keeps us all here.

Hell, come every transfer window, we see crying for players and more more more and better players and better coaches.
People seem to forget, it takes a lot of money to keep up with the top dogs.

Now we get to see how UEFA react to all of this.
Let's not kid ourselves, they should be sharing the guilt, it's not like they're fecking flowers.
They are corrupt as feck.

Now that the footballing world has somehow dealt with the breakaway SL super clubs, the next step in all of this should be aimed at them!
Get more footballing people in the UEFA and less lawyers and business men.
It's a stupid plan. Attempting a coup with only 12 people. If this is middle age they'd be hung drawn and quartered
Literally

Gasolin

So is Mctominay and I imagine Lindelof is as well.
I just find it strange how you mention Pogba and Cavani when it is doubtful that they will even be here next season
I wouldn’t rule Pogba out now that we know the Spanish and Juventus are bankrupt. Cavani maybe we will see, but Pogba is probably more influential then Scott for now.

Bondi77

I wouldn’t rule Pogba out now that we know the Spanish and Juventus are bankrupt. Cavani maybe we will see, but Pogba is probably more influential then Scott for now.
So you think Pogba might stay now under sufferance, that will cheer up the fan base :eek:
From what I have seen of Mctominay he seems to be much more of a leader than Pogba and I would not have a clue about the leadership qualities of Cavani but I do recall bad blood between him and Ibra whom I do think of as a leader on the pitch.

Gasolin

So you think Pogba might stay now under sufferance, that will cheer up the fan base :eek:
From what I have seen of Mctominay he seems to be much more of a leader than Pogba and I would not have a clue about the leadership qualities of Cavani but I do recall bad blood between him and Ibra whom I do think of as a leader on the pitch.
Pogba is staying in my opinion, I don't really see much option for him, but I suppose there is always the possibility he finds a way to get paid the amount he wants from Real or Juventus.

Pogba is a leader, the players often say how Pogba shares he's ready to get the ball out and doesn't shy away, how he challenges Greenwood, etc... Just because you don't like the lad doesn't mean he's not a winner in his head. I think his WC experience helps and he is being considered for that within the team.

Cavani, watch on the field how he instructs everyone to drive the team, he's very active. In the 2nd goal against Spurs, he instructs before Greenwood to pass the ball faster before he's moving, and that's exactly what happens for the goal, etc... I do think these are strong characters that also help the team to win.

Scott is a good lad, he's committed to the cause, but I don't think he can yet speak strongly in the dressing room as much as a Pogba or a Bruno or a Maguire yet. Of course, I could be wrong, it seems that we have a team full of people who are united altogether and that's what warms be the most these days. That unity is what will bring the title back to OT, if anything, as it will transcend the team when it matters.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Eds comments just (on the United site) are interesting.

"As Joel said last week, we failed to give enough weight to the essential principles and traditions of sporting merit which are so vital to football not just in domestic competition but in European competition since the mid-1950s.

“We want to restate our commitment to those traditions. I can assure you that we have learned our lesson from the events of the past week, and we do not seek any revival of the Super League plans.

We have a disciplined, long-term approach which has allowed us to navigate the pandemic, while continuing to invest in the team, which we will continue to do this summer."